Craziest thing that happen to you at Fanime

Started by Touya no Miko, June 03, 2006, 03:29:10 PM

RooBird

Well, since Fanime was my first convention, I wasn't prepared with cosplays. So, on Sunday since it was my last day there, I decided to wear a 'Free Hugs' sign and walk around the convention with it. A guy came up to me and my friend since we were both wearing hug signs... and instead of give us a hug, he wanted to give us a kiss on the hand instead. It was weird since this guy had to be twice our age and we are both minors. >.> I'm fairly certain he was just playing in character for the guy he was cosplaying though, haha.

There was also the time when a guy came up to us to hug us and instead picked us up and shook us around before letting us go. >.> It was all in good fun. Those were the only slightly weird things that happened to me.
Fanime 2013 Cosplays:
FemmeMedic (Team Fortress 2)

N.E.R.V.agent220

It was Fanime of 2006 and I was a volunteer that year. I was staying at the Marriott along with other friends. On that Saturday morning I decided to shave and the fuzz on the bottom of my face tells it all. So I picked up my Gillette attached a new cartridge blade, put on some shaving gel and let the water run. Three minutes already had gone by, when I started to work on my upper chin area I over stroked and knicked my lower lip. Blood was dripping out, so I grabbed a cold wet towel and applied pressure on the cut. Thirty minutes later it stopped. *For The Moment* I decided to go get breakfast at the Mc Donalds. I ordered the Deluxe Breakfast meal and ate there. I started to work on the scrambled eggs, took a bite out of the sausage patty, took 3 sips of coffee, nibbled on my biscuitt, took 3 bite size pieces of my hotcakes, wiped my mouth and all of sudden. "OH $&*#!" blood dripping out again, on my napkin and on my hotcakes. So I put the lid back on my breakfast threw it in the trash, took a sip of coffee then threw it in the trash and ran out the door. Mercy I needed medical attention.

I was hoping that there would be a First Aid station available nearby but the blood dripping can not be contained with only 1 napkin on hand. Then I realized that there was a Walgreens nearby. As a wounded con attendee I hightailed it on N. First St. dripping blood. When I finally got to the Walgreens I asked the sales associate where are the medical supplies she points out the aisle and thank goodness relief finally. I purchased a can of bandage spray to contained the wound. I sprayed some on that one napkin and dabbed it on the wounded lower lip. I repeated it a couple more times throughout the rest of the weekend and walked around with a blood clot remnant of that knick I sustained while shaving. This will be one of those con moments that I'll never forget and will learn from it.

crystalsoul

Quote from: N.E.R.V.agent220 on February 03, 2010, 04:37:02 PM
          It was Fanime of 2006 and I was a volunteer that year. I was staying at the Marriott along with other friends. On that Saturday morning I decided to shave and the fuzz on the bottom of my face tells it all. So I picked up my Gillette attached a new cartridge blade, put on some shaving gel and let the water run. Three minutes already had gone by, when I started to work on my upper chin area I over stroked and knicked my lower lip. Blood was dripping out, so I grabbed a cold wet towel and applied pressure on the cut. Thirty minutes later it stopped. *For The Moment* I decided to go get breakfast at the Mc Donalds. I ordered the Deluxe Breakfast meal and ate there. I started to work on the scrambled eggs, took a bite out of the sausage patty, took 3 sips of coffee, nibbled on my biscuitt, took 3 bite size pieces of my hotcakes, wiped my mouth and all of sudden. "OH $&*#!" blood dripping out again, on my napkin and on my hotcakes. So I put the lid back on my breakfast threw it in the trash, took a sip of coffee then threw it in the trash and ran out the door. Mercy I needed medical attention.

I was hoping that there would be a First Aid station available nearby but the blood dripping can not be contained with only 1 napkin on hand. Then I realized that there was a Walgreens nearby. As a wounded con attendee I hightailed it on N. First St. dripping blood. When I finally got to the Walgreens I asked the sales associate where are the medical supplies she points out the aisle and thank goodness relief finally. I purchased a can of bandage spray to contained the wound. I sprayed some on that one napkin and dabbed it on the wounded lower lip. I repeated it a couple more times throughout the rest of the weekend and walked around with a blood clot remnant of that knick I sustained while shaving. This will be one of those con moments that I'll never forget and will learn from it.

my god, dude that sucks so bad D:

Knightfire

It was about a couple of years ago, on a Sunday Night. I was in a full elevator on the Hilton Side when out of nowhere, two dudes dressed as characters from Phoenix Wright just ran in and jumped up and down like mad, then dashed off as fast as they came. I looked at the other people in the elevator, and they had the same WTF look on their faces like I did.
Starting work for Fanime 2011

BrightHeart76

For Fanime 2008 I dyed my hair BRIGHT pink.  Ask anyone who remembers...it was super bright..day-glo pink hair.  I was sitting on the ground with my sister on Monday morning when a very nice young man approached us and complemented my hair.  He then asked me if he could touch it.  I felt very strange sitting on the floor in the middle of Fanime with a young gentleman petting my hair.  It was crazy, but kind of fun too.  :)
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

MikoChika

Last Fanime
A friend of mine and I were standing in the Marriot hotel's lobby, just leaving from a doll meet I believe when we saw a man walk through the lobby, well close to one wall, in nothing but a towel, quickly makeing his way towards the elevators... o_o
It was a total eye candy moment. lol.
Please, don't feed the moogle.

michiko nakano

my friends and i were playing the awkward bottle game/freestyle twister in the area between the maid cafe and the dance, and a couple of the bishounen from the yaoi events were hanging out with us, and then this guy walks up and is like, "i can be a bishounen too! watch, i'll prove it!!" and tackles one of the bishis and starts stripping him super awkwardly, and trying to pull his shirt over his head, and the poor bishi was trying to get him off, but the guy finally got his shirt off and started in on the pants until we kinda snapped out of shock and made him stop.  

so then he tried to hang out with us... and started running his hands up and down my lady friend's thighs, and we had to make him leave.  ugh...

and another time i was walking down the hallway with two of the bishounen and a guy comes up to us with a sign that says "future bishounen" and he comes up to us and I'm like "show us your bishi skills!" kinda skeptically cuz it looks like he hasn't showered all con, and so he yanks his ponytail holder out and shakes out his greasy hair and gives me an O face and we kinda ran away.

aaaaand then there was the guy who followed me after i walked through the hug line gauntlet and was like "free hug?"  and i was like "i'm kinda in a hurry, sorry" and kept walking but he folowed me and was like "casual sex, then?" and I was like "uhhhh you wouldn't like it!" and ran away

Mod edit: it's called a dance...

Knightfire

Quote from: MikoChika on February 21, 2010, 09:23:48 AM
Last Fanime
A friend of mine and I were standing in the Marriot hotel's lobby, just leaving from a doll meet I believe when we saw a man walk through the lobby, well close to one wall, in nothing but a towel, quickly makeing his way towards the elevators... o_o
It was a total eye candy moment. lol.

Wait a minute... was he kind of lanky with brown skin? Sounds like someone I know, does that as a halloween getup.

abcbadcat

I forget which day it was but a few years ago, my friend and I were walking to our hotel from the dance and totally saw two chicks hardcore making out in the Hilton downstairs lobby.

Mod edit: its a dance:)

Knightfire

Quote from: abcbadcat on February 21, 2010, 11:16:53 PM
I forget which day it was but a few years ago, my friend and I were walking to our hotel from the dance and totally saw two chicks hardcore making out in the Hilton downstairs lobby.

Mod edit: its a dance:)

Gotta love Fanime

caskaslyrk

I think it was Fanime 2007...my friend and I were walking down to the bagel shop that is right across from the Chase bank and on the way back there was this homeless guy in a wheelchair standing on the side corner of the church.  So he randomly starts talking to us and he was like do you mind pushing me to the church gates for the food line.  So I start wheeling him and we get to the gate..than he asks me to wheel him inside the gate, which turned into me wheeling him up the walkway ramp, which then turned into me wheeling him back down to the corner which we originally came from...LOL...but out of all of that he made me a really cool grasshopper out of a palm tree branch.  ;D...right before he asked me for 5 bucks..LOL

Last fanime my friend and I walked down to this little liquor store on the opposite side of Jack in the box and we walked in to buy beer.  Well a coven of homless men were standing outside commenting on my "goodies" the whole time we were in the store.  So eventually and unfortunately there was only one door out so we had to walk through the crowd of men, which they all behaved...except this one drunk man.  He must have followed us 10 blocks..saying how we were going to get married and he was picking out names for our children and how I reminded him of pocahontas in this one adult video he watches.  :'(  ...needless to say we eventually out walked him...but I don't think I will go to that liquor store again without my stun gun..LOL

I do however recommend to all the fanime goers out there do not consume OVER your limit of alcohol!!!!  you have to pace yourself or you will wake up one morning ...on the tile floor in the bathroom..with your sleeping bag over you..in a pile of bile...with a yaoi book in your hand that you won from yaoi bing and said book was read out loud the night before...because you were so drunk it was the funniest thing you and your roomates ever heard...wondering through all that..who the hell put the sleeping bag over you!?!...and are you really going to have to sit in a car on a 7 hr drive home having to smell the remains of such bile that is now on your sleeping bag..WTF!?!   so please remember pace yourselves.... :-X

emo_avenger

well now. im sure i cant beat any of these great stories, but i have one that made my books.

it was fanime con 08 and im dressed as sasuke the day after the official naruto gathering, so needless to say, there wernt many people still in naruto outfits. as im walking this creepy little girl dressed like that fox girl from that one anime. wow. thats spacific. and she is staring at me intensly. as we make eye contact, her mouth slowly opens to let out a very high pitched squeel of happiness. she then procedes to run over and knock me off my feet with a glomp that contained the strength of 3 large and fully grown men. at first i was like "alright, she likes sasuke" after the initial attack, i continue on my way and wind up playing a game of hide and seak. during said activity, the same little girl reenacts our first meeting. i cannot count how many times i saw her after that. it seems she was all i could see.

sadly enough, i wore the same costume the next day and was, once again, followed by this creepy little girl.
im not sure how she found me. shes like a blood hound.......

my sasuke costume is now in full retirement and will never ever be worn again.
Fanime '08 cosplay.....

sasuke - non time skip ~gathering on sun-12:00pm~ all sunday
Ritsuka - Loveless ~gathering on sat 2:00pm~ all saturday
shinigami - bleach ~cant make the gathering~ all friday

Knightfire

Quote from: emo_avenger on February 26, 2010, 05:30:07 PM
well now. im sure i cant beat any of these great stories, but i have one that made my books.

it was fanime con 08 and im dressed as sasuke the day after the official naruto gathering, so needless to say, there wernt many people still in naruto outfits. as im walking this creepy little girl dressed like that fox girl from that one anime. wow. thats spacific. and she is staring at me intensly. as we make eye contact, her mouth slowly opens to let out a very high pitched squeel of happiness. she then procedes to run over and knock me off my feet with a glomp that contained the strength of 3 large and fully grown men. at first i was like "alright, she likes sasuke" after the initial attack, i continue on my way and wind up playing a game of hide and seak. during said activity, the same little girl reenacts our first meeting. i cannot count how many times i saw her after that. it seems she was all i could see.

sadly enough, i wore the same costume the next day and was, once again, followed by this creepy little girl.
im not sure how she found me. shes like a blood hound.......

my sasuke costume is now in full retirement and will never ever be worn again.

Smart. Never liked being followed myself.

kamisamabunny

craziest thing that happened was at fanime 06.
my friends and i were in the swimming pool at the hilton, which is on the 3rd floor on a balcony.
as we got in i mentioned the fact that anyone on the fourth floor or higher could totally look out their window and look down our suits.
as i'm pointing up and saying this, someone looks out the window.
we all wave at each other, and they put up a finger to say "hold on"
then they return
and take a picture!
i still have no clue who that was, or what that picture looks like, but i still think about how bizarre that was.
All I want is "you", whoever you turn out to be <3

Kyra_Maverick

(09) - Watching my boyfriend drink approximately 50 Lolicups from Friday to Monday... This year he's aiming for 70.
      - Venturing to the liquor store and seeing the look of relief on the clerks face that I was actually paying for my purchase.  

(08) - Seeing a very calm and collected friend transform into an ass-kicking, stage rushing fangirl for An Cafe
       - Watching someone cosplaying the weapons dealer from Resident Evil 4 getting peace bonded.

(07) - Looking up at the hotel windows and seeing multiple sets of boobs on glass

(06) - Friend meets guy at rave. Tells me he is creepy. Friend then decides to go back to this guy's hotel in Milpitas without telling any of us. Waking up in the morning missing one person and having no idea where they are or any way to get a hold of them, only clue being mention of said creepy guy, is not how you want to wake up on Saturday. Also, reporting the missing person to Rovers/Con-Ops and having the representative start crying, telling us that she is probably okay and probably not dead is not a way to calm people down.  *She was okay. Showed up a few hours later, after we barged into every room looking for her.

Death_Note_Matt

In 2008 I [Dresses as Bridget] went looking for my Bestie in the Hentai room [The last place I looked after searching everywhere, because she had the hotel room key Dx].
It was late and I was tired from raving so I decied to have a sit down inside the smut room and there was this guy who was dressed as Ichigo came and sat down beside me. He said "So hello there Bridget." This made me jump and I said. "Umm hello?" And he went on to say "Oh wow you have such a cute adorable voice..I can tell your no trap..." The Ichigo went on to lean in closer to me, it kind of made me cringe. And I said something like wow thanks. I felt embarassed because here I was alone and in a room full of people watching Hentai.
So I sat there almost falling asleep and the next thing I know I hear this awkard noise and I look over to see his hand in his soul reaper pants.
And the creepy part was he was staring at me Dx I jumped up and ran off ;_; That was when I bumped into my friend. Walking back to the room, I started telling her about it, she laughed and thought it was funny as hell -___-;
That was the craziest thing that happenend to me.
Another Player has Entered the Game

RandR

craziest thing at fanime is just being there for those 3 whole days right after getting out for summer.....nirvana, for lack of a better word....

caskaslyrk

Quote from: Death_Note_Matt on February 28, 2010, 10:09:07 PM
In 2008 I [Dresses as Bridget] went looking for my Bestie in the Hentai room [The last place I looked after searching everywhere, because she had the hotel room key Dx].
It was late and I was tired from raving so I decied to have a sit down inside the smut room and there was this guy who was dressed as Ichigo came and sat down beside me. He said "So hello there Bridget." This made me jump and I said. "Umm hello?" And he went on to say "Oh wow you have such a cute adorable voice..I can tell your no trap..." The Ichigo went on to lean in closer to me, it kind of made me cringe. And I said something like wow thanks. I felt embarassed because here I was alone and in a room full of people watching Hentai.
So I sat there almost falling asleep and the next thing I know I hear this awkard noise and I look over to see his hand in his soul reaper pants.
And the creepy part was he was staring at me Dx I jumped up and ran off ;_; That was when I bumped into my friend. Walking back to the room, I started telling her about it, she laughed and thought it was funny as hell -___-;
That was the craziest thing that happenend to me.

WoW..well the good thing is you noticed before it was too late...it could have been a lot worse!!!

opey409

someone ate my face ahhhhhhhhh yeeeee :-\
death god love apples

lunarknight

Well last year was the first time I ever cosplayed and on my way to the judges room I feel someone getting a feel for my rear end.

Then I turn around to see a girl presumably around 14 to 17 cosplayed as Haruhi Suzumiya still continuing to feel up my rear end. Even though I'm looking at her she just looks back smiles and repeatedly says "harassment, harassment, harassment". Then afterward she quickly runs away.

After that event I'm not sure if I should be offended or flattered.