FanimeCon: Participate, Join, Create > Ideas and Suggestions

Signs policy?

<< < (4/4)

animeangelfish:
signs can be an addittion to a cosplay..for instance for those who know of Furuba/Frutis basket..

in my group of cosplayers we had no Kyou, naturally as a Kagura I had to figure out something creative..

so I carried a sign that said 'Have you seen my kyou-kun?' and lined it with hearts, with hsi picture of course. that was considered a signbut it was also a prop  as I walked the halls searchign for a Kyou

MPLe:

--- Quote from: "Duo" ---signs can be an addittion to a cosplay..for instance for those who know of Furuba/Frutis basket..

in my group of cosplayers we had no Kyou, naturally as a Kagura I had to figure out something creative..

so I carried a sign that said 'Have you seen my kyou-kun?' and lined it with hearts, with hsi picture of course. that was considered a signbut it was also a prop  as I walked the halls searchign for a Kyou
--- End quote ---

But something like that isn't as bad as swearing/cussing, signs that are rude, or soliciting signs.

Spiritsnare:
Yeeeah, there's a slight difference between "Have you seen my Kyo-kun?" and "Naruto sucks!".

uzutake:

--- Quote from: "Spiritsnare" ---Yeeeah, there's a slight difference between "Have you seen my Kyo-kun?" and "Naruto sucks!".
--- End quote ---

Someone actually had the latter sign? O__O

Maybe if there was a sign policy, then it wouldn't be as harsh as "No sign that is not a part of cosplay" but maybe something like: "No uncensored profanity, nothing inappropriate" and all that usual rule stuff.

dealerJason:
The problem with signs is thus:
1. They tend to be vulgar to the point that parents do complain.
2. They tend to be too similar to actual solicitation (give me this, I will give you that) that police officers have asked us what is up.
3. They tend to copy each other and really lack originality
         -More of a personal preference

Bottom line, Signs at con are cool, they make Fanime interactive and fun.  However, they lack thought, polish, and cleverness.

I am actually looking to some kind of Random programming item where I can include a "Safe and Sane" award.  This would go to the group that came up with the most random interesting fan created event or signage at Fanime.  Don't know how I can do this, but I am thinking about it.

Bottomline, Fanime is an interactive con.  However, just like you suggest to us how to do the con better, I would like to make the above suggestions so that signage is still a strong part of fan interaction at our show.

Sincerely,
Jason Ebner

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version