2007 Hotel Prices

Started by Asa_Gohan, June 06, 2006, 11:45:00 PM

Moonblossom

Quote from: "~~Loktera~~"
Quote from: "Barnes"
Quote from: "~~Loktera~~"For $340 all weekend...

How did you figure that out? :?

I'd say it's a rather complicated math process thingie.... I don't fully understand it myself to be honest... My best guess would be that it is just that ... a guess...

4 nights at $85 a night?

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "sailormoonhdn"I would still prefer the hilton I guess...I kinda hate waiting for the elevator at the marriott. I think this year I would limit myself to the amount of people in a room. I mean last year, we had 13 ppl in one room (double room) It was kinda hard having to wait on the bathroom, and there was no walkway because of all the merchandise we bought. so this the king room sounds pretty good for me!
I thinks it's going to be more than $340 for the weekend.

13? That's unbelievable...*slaps forehead*

Look, a double/double with 4 people comes out to 105 per person for 3 nights (Friday, Satruday, Sunday) Give or take a few bucks. Get a safe number of people and just split it. It's only 35 a night.

If you are talking about getting a King room just for yourself then it will be more like 255+tax. (Three nights remember...unless you're planning on staying Thursday?) Even getting one roommate though would help. Share a double with one other person and you both still have plenty of room and the price isn't too horrible.

In fact, I just may do that.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Barnes

Quote from: "Moonblossom"4 nights at $85 a night?

Oh yeah, that.
85 x 4=340
340 + 10%=374
374 + 8.25%=404.85

According to the math I just did on a calculator.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Moonblossom

Yeah, but I was guessing maybe he forgot (or neglected) to include the taxes.

Stupid taxes T_T

Tuplica

Wait, 85 bucks a night?  Wasn't it 99 this year?  *confused*
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

Barnes

The prices MIGHT BE the following:

$85 a night for a King Bed in both The Mt and Hil.
$109-119 a night for two double at either.

This is according to a post that Craige made on the first page of this thread.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Moonblossom

QuoteOkay, the rates next year will be going up and down, counting on what you are looking for...

Double/Double rooms will be going up at the Hilton and Marriott. Hilton will now start at $109 for a double/double, doesn't matter if it is for one or four bodies, the same price. Marriott will be doing the same pricing, only they will be starting at $119 per room.

King rooms for both hotels will be decreasing to $85 per night.

Crowne and St Claire prices have not been agreed upon yet, but we are working on it.

Personally though, just in case, I'm not budgeting anything until the actual official housing reservations go up. $85 a night would be fecking awesome, but it seems almost unreasonable (too good to be true, anyone) considering it's less than half the standard rate of a king room at the Hilton for that timeframe, so I'd understand if the prices go up a bit before they're set in stone.

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: "Moonblossom"Yeah, but I was guessing maybe he forgot (or neglected) to include the taxes.

Stupid taxes T_T

OH SH-T!

Taxes! Why is Benjamin Franklin always right about these things...
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Moonblossom

I'd rather taxes than death, personally ;P

Tuplica

Quote from: "Barnes"The prices MIGHT BE the following:

$85 a night for a King Bed in both The Mt and Hil.
$109-119 a night for two double at either.

This is according to a post that Craige made on the first page of this thread.

Oh, that'd be spectacular... but only if someone makes the hotels actually assign rooms based on the actual reservations.  I had a whole shenanigans with a bed switcheroo from what I reserved, which didn't matter to me, but someone else probably got a sour deal from it...  :?  Wouldn't be fair if that happened to other folks, say you reserve a room with a king bed and show up with 3-4 people and the guy puts you in a 2 double room instead... feh...
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

Moonblossom

At the risk of sounding like a pest, weren't the hotel reservations supposed to go up yesterday?

Fructose

Quote from: "Tony"Ok, I'm a little screwed.

I've got most of the site ready to go but... there was a... issue with the hotel site, and so it isn't live yet.

Because the hotel site is run by a real company, that means it is maintained on company time - i.e. Monday-Friday, 9-5. It now being ~10:20pm on Friday means they probably won't finish it until Monday at the earliest.

So... looks like the website will be delayed. Or maybe I'll put up what I've got anyway. I'm not sure just yet.

._.

If it helps, apparently the prices for hotels this year range from about $80 to $120...

._.

Copied from a thread in General Convention Discussion.

Moonblossom

Awesome, thanks. I looked in there but I guess I missed that. :) I'm still a broke unemployed shmuck so waiting a few more days isn't the end of the world for me, I wouldn't have been able to make my reservation yesterday anyway. Hehe.

Tuplica

Quote from: "Moonblossom"I'm still a broke unemployed shmuck so waiting a few more days isn't the end of the world for me, I wouldn't have been able to make my reservation yesterday anyway. Hehe.

If you make your reservation with a credit card, you don't have to pay until you actually check-in (or check-out, whichever it is) from the hotel in May.

Moonblossom

It's more that I need to secure the funds for a plane ticket first. T_T Kinda useless to make a hotel reservation if it ends up that I can't afford to fly down there.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "Moonblossom"It's more that I need to secure the funds for a plane ticket first. T_T Kinda useless to make a hotel reservation if it ends up that I can't afford to fly down there.

Not true. Just hold it with your card. If you can't make it down, chances are you'll know well enough in advance to cancel without incurring any sort of fees.

Better safe than sorry. Get first dibs. ^_^
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Moonblossom

Oh, they're usually cancellable? That's good to know :) Thanks!

Tuplica

Yeah, last year you could cancel them up to a couple weeks before the con itself with no fees.  There is a shut-off date where you either can't cancel or they charge you for it, but it's not until the very last minute.