What would you like to see in Tabletop 2007?

Started by Ska_Kitti, June 07, 2006, 10:59:00 PM

Ska_Kitti

Well Ced, that's the plan so far. I'd say that around oh... January I'll be slowly releasing which cenemt games I'll place in the room. Maybe I can wish for a good budget to buy some games to stash in rubbermaid bins or something. Any other suggestions? I want to make up for past inconveniences to guests by the former Heads by making Tabletop really awesome this year.

At AOD '06, my room held a late night party where one of the guests was organizing and playing "Anime Sherades". Would anyone be interested in playing at Fanime?
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Ayanami Rei First Child

OMG! I LOVE Fluxx!! I got to play a little last Fanime and it was AWESOME! <3

I'd also like to say BESM...I didn't really see anyone playing it when I was around. I mean yeah it takes extra long to create chars...but it's ANIME!! C'mon people what RP could be better then one that lets you play a magical catgirl? <3 <3

ININ

BESM as in Big Eyes Small Mouths?  I have the Sailor Moon RPG.  I played it once in 2001.  I was the game master or scoutmaster XD  Three of my friends were the players.  Two played a Knight and one played a Sailor Soldier.

Malocide

Late night would be nice I remmber finding nothign to do around 2 in the moring maby it was becasue I was a minor but still...

I dont know if any one is to it but stratego was always a fun one for me and clue... I would love to play clue.

Ska_Kitti

BESM had a CCS game going. I'm going to invite them again for Fanime 07 and give them more advertising because they didn't get what they needed.

Malocide, we probably won't have the Tabletop Room open 24/7 like other years unless I can get a trusting person to stay up all night (or most of it)and manage the room. If I can't get that for my staff, then the room will probably close at 1am or midnight.
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

mDuo13

They better have a couple Wiis with whatever multiplayer games get big.

Ayanami Rei First Child

We should get Munchkin...I played that yesterday and it was SO cool...ESPECIALLY the Sci-Fi Munchkin *_*

Ska_Kitti

That's already on my list. ^_^ If my friend staffs for me, he can bring all or some of his versions.
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Ayanami Rei First Child

Sweet! That'll be totally awesome then! <3 <3

Nanashi

How about some...CALL OF CTHULU! It'd be awesome to play some CoC. I could host the session, if it's alright.

And as far as keeping the room open, the OFNC (Official Fanime Ninja Clan) could handle that easily. We've got 30+ people. AND we're Ninjas.
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

Ayanami Rei First Child

OMG! That would be SO cool!! Ninjas hosting the tabletop gaming! That could SO be used as a nice draw.

"Yeah you COULD go to the electronic gaming...but we have REAL ninja cosplayers hosting our stuff!!" :twisted:

Ska_Kitti

Well then, large group of ninjas... that is quite a challenge. I only need one or two trustworthy people to watch the room who are under my official staff. If you'd like to staff yourself, or have any others who'd like to staff, let me know personally via my email, [email protected]. I won't subject volunteers to take over the graveyard, lol. As soon as the staffing website is up, go and sign yourselves up as long as you meet requirements.
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Ayanami Rei First Child

BESM would be awesome to have...I have the BESM card game...but it's strange and confusing. Not like Fluxx.

neko ewen

Yeah, tabletop definitely needs a bigger room. In previous years it was consistently overflowing with people at all hours.

Personally, for tabletop gaming I'm mainly about RPGs. There's lots of stuff available that's not well-known, but good for short games with minimal prep, not to mention some nifty anime-inspired games (Ben Lehman is working on a mecha game called Bliss Stage that looks awesome).

Once it comes together a bit more, I'll have to see if anyone in the Silicon Valley indie gaming group that's being formed would be interested in helping out.

(BTW, not really my thing, but there's a game by Vincent Baker called Mechaton that I've been hearing good things about).
Yaruki Zero Games | Ask me about Maid RPG
"I dream heavy metal but I live whiny punk rock."

Ayanami Rei First Child

Yeah some RPG stuff...along with some card games to. Also it needs to feel more welcoming. Like there's times I'd stop by..and everyone was already set up...or was only watching me wander around. No one really invited me to stuff. That can be a real problem ^^; You guys need some greeters..

Ska_Kitti

Well Ayanami... once again to reiterate for everyone, many of the empty holes you saw in Tabletop this year is not my fault. My able staff was only six people covering as many bases as they could while running and aiding tournaments. If you have complaints from Fanime 2006, PM Wirebrain.

*Please remember if I have no already mentioned that I have only been the Tabletop Head for about a month before the convention having a pile or work in my lap among other projects I was working on.*
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Nanashi

Alright then, i'll talk to some of the Ninjas, and see who wants the spots.

Just you wait. '07 will be the greatest year for the Table Top room to date.
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

Ayanami Rei First Child

I wasn't complaining so much as trying to offer constructive criticism. I think the setup of the tabletop gaming is as much important as the location and the games that you have for play...

The emotional end of Tabletop Gaming should be as important as the Physical aspects is all I'm saying...ya know? ESPECIALLY for those who are novices/newbies...or shy people such as myself ^^;

Ska_Kitti

Well from what I've heard, Fanime 07 is going to be very productive with lots of things to do. That means Tabletop is going up as well no matter how obscure many may say, "Tabletop games at an anime convention?"
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Ayanami Rei First Child

Sounds really awesome! I can't wait to see it come Fanime time <3