2007 Masquerade News

Started by angeljibrille, June 08, 2006, 12:32:02 PM

DayDreamerNessa

Quote from: "Sharysa"I feel really stupid for asking this, but if I've registered for the masquerade and I'm performing individually, do I have to add myself in as a contestant?

Are you talking about, how on the form where you edit your group it says "add contestant" ?

If so i believe your supposed to, because that tells them your age announce name, what series, and what character you are from. =)
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

Sharysa

Thanks for answering--I'll add myself as a contestant now.

EDIT:  Another small question--what does "Music request" mean?  Does it mean cues or fade-in/out, or does it mean what music will I need in case something happens to my original CD?
Cosplays:

Summoner Yuna (Final Fantasy 10)

Miss Goku

What do we do if we want special lighting and stuff. Who do we ask?

ranma12

Quote from: "Sharysa"Thanks for answering--I'll add myself as a contestant now.

EDIT:  Another small question--what does "Music request" mean?  Does it mean cues or fade-in/out, or does it mean what music will I need in case something happens to my original CD?
you give them any music you want to be played as you walk on or do w/e. Like me i am making my own voice recording and i am going to put them on a CD and i give them to them. If you don't have the song you want then u also can add it there and they can try and see if they can get it

I hoped that helped ^_^

ranma12

Quote from: "Miss Goku"What do we do if we want special lighting and stuff. Who do we ask?
when your in the making your mas set up ther is  a box to  add speical lighting all you do is decribe what yopu want EX: I want the light to follow this character and then change to this character , ect
or you can contact
[email protected] or pm "angeljibrille"  They can help or if niether of them help then go back to the m\ain page and it says somthing about im admin
and there e-mmail i this is
[email protected]
i hope i helped you ^_-

Miss Goku

Quote from: "ranma12"
Quote from: "Miss Goku"What do we do if we want special lighting and stuff. Who do we ask?
when your in the making your mas set up ther is  a box to  add speical lighting all you do is decribe what yopu want EX: I want the light to follow this character and then change to this character , ect
or you can contact
[email protected] or pm "angeljibrille"  They can help or if niether of them help then go back to the m\ain page and it says somthing about im admin
and there e-mmail i this is
[email protected]
i hope i helped you ^_-

Yes that helped alot. I shall try to contact someone soon ^_^

ranma12

ok now for my question.. What happends If your Skit runs a little over 83 mins? will the shorten it or just not except it? or is there a little leanency? and what might it be?

Miss Goku

Quote from: "ranma12"ok now for my question.. What happends If your Skit runs a little over 83 mins? will the shorten it or just not except it? or is there a little leanency? and what might it be?

I dont know 100% for sure, but I think they said they would cut it off if it was over like 3 min or something like that...

angeljibrille

Thanks everyone for helping answer questions while I was in LA!

Yes, we will cut off the skit at 3 minutes. You do have buffer time for entrances and exits (so it's just a 3 minute track length requirement), but we have to be fair to everyone and cut off the music at the same 3 minutes for everyone.

Thanks,
Marisa

ranma12

Quote from: "angeljibrille"Thanks everyone for helping answer questions while I was in LA!

Yes, we will cut off the skit at 3 minutes. You do have buffer time for entrances and exits (so it's just a 3 minute track length requirement), but we have to be fair to everyone and cut off the music at the same 3 minutes for everyone.

Thanks,
Marisa
ok then that brings me 1 one more question... DOes blank track count?
OR do we Q the music?
Cuz I was prob gona add 10 sec of blank for us to walk on and get ready or something

ANd does our track start right after the announcer guy leave the stage i mean never done this so can any one kinda help me to make this smooth ^_^

angeljibrille

Quote from: "ranma12"ok then that brings me 1 one more question... DOes blank track count?
OR do we Q the music?
Cuz I was prob gona add 10 sec of blank for us to walk on and get ready or something

ANd does our track start right after the announcer guy leave the stage i mean never done this so can any one kinda help me to make this smooth ^_^

Yes, "blank" space counts. However, don't worry :)

Basically YOU tell us when you want the music to start. If you don't want it to start until you are on the stage, just let us know in your registration entry in the music section. So we give you the 10 seconds for "free" you don't need to record it on the CD or MP3.

The only time I really suggest adding blank space is if you are going to do something in your skit that you expect to get a huge laugh from the audience for -- you should leave a pause after something like this so that you don't launch into the next part of the skit while the audience is still laughing. Usually this type of pause is going to be in the middle of the track.

Also, we have a fantastic sound guy who can help you prepare your track to the way you need it to be. He has even helped people record their skits (the vocals) and such. Just make sure you get in early if you need this type of help, like on Friday or early Saturday.

Many thanks :)

Marisa

Miss Goku

Quote from: "ranma12"
Quote from: "angeljibrille"Thanks everyone for helping answer questions while I was in LA!

Thanks,
Marisa
ok then that brings me 1 one more question... DOes blank track count?
OR do we Q the music?

Well I remember that last year, we would give them a signal or tell them to start when we wanted them to start the track. I don't know if its the same this year though ^_^;;

Miss Goku

Hey I have a question about the masquerade. My group and I Pre Registered on April 1st (or whenever the pre-reg opened) as the Saiyuki group, through out the past few days I have had to edit things in our profile (or whatever its called) and every time I do we get bumped to the bottom of the list. Now we are number 51 and that is one of the numbers on the waiting list. I am a bit upset because we were one of the 1st people to sign up and now we are on the waiting list. Is this going to affect weather we are going to be able to be in the masquerade. I worked really had to get our groups registered on the day pre-reg opened and now we are all the way at the bottom. It seems a bit unfair to me if we can’t be in the masquerade. What should we do?

DracoMancer

man i am so FREAKING CONFUSED!

question 1: how do you Edit your FanimeCon Masquerade Registration? I mean the site lets me login but I don't see ANYTHING that will let me edit my group information with details and what have you.

I submitted a group and its titled "ninja gaiden" and still pending so....give me DETAILS...

question 2: Masquerade Craftsmanship Judging Form, do you fill it out and email to them? or do you print it up, fill it out and then give it to whomever when you come to the convention?
"A burrito? That is so pathetic. I WANT A TACO!" -Grimmjow voice actor.

DracoMancer

wow...either no one comes in this thread anymore and no one cares to answer my questions.

DayDreamerNessa

Quote from: "DracoMancer"man i am so FREAKING CONFUSED!

question 1: how do you Edit your FanimeCon Masquerade Registration? I mean the site lets me login but I don't see ANYTHING that will let me edit my group information with details and what have you.

I submitted a group and its titled "ninja gaiden" and still pending so....give me DETAILS...

question 2: Masquerade Craftsmanship Judging Form, do you fill it out and email to them? or do you print it up, fill it out and then give it to whomever when you come to the convention?

how to edit groups- If your able to log in you should be able to see the menu list that says-

HOME
Edit My Group
List Registered Groups
Contact FanimeCon Masquerade Coordinator

if you don't see the menu after longing in something isn't right.

masquerade craftsmanship- you print out the form fill it in, and when you sign yourself in at the masquerade registration AT fanime, you'll be asked when you want to be judged for craftsmanship. When your being judged for craftsmanship you'll turn in the paper you filled out to the craftsmanship judges.

DracoMancer

Quote from: "DayDreamerNessa"

how to edit groups- If your able to log in you should be able to see the menu list that says-

HOME
Edit My Group
List Registered Groups

masquerade craftsmanship- you print out the form fill it in, and when you sign yourself in at the masquerade registration AT fanime, you'll be asked when you want to be judged for craftsmanship. When your being judged for craftsmanship you'll turn in the paper you filled out to the craftsmanship judges.

okay thank you so much for answering my questions. but now theres a problem.

i registered for the site and i DIDNT get a validation email. all i got was an email saying that i signed up and that i also registered cuz it shows my registration information on the website (at least the registration for Fanimecon)

On the side menu, when I click on Registration it has the option of "My Account". i click on it, and it lets me sign in.

I sign in...i STILL dont see the options you said that SHOULD appear.
if something isnt right then whats the problem? could it be the fact i use mozilla for a browser? it supports the website so i dont see why THAT would in particular be a problem.

DayDreamerNessa

i wish i could help, but those answers are out of my reach, the only person who can give you those answers is angeljibrelle the coordinator =/

You could always send a message to Tony the fanime webmaster as well, he might be able to help you with why you can't see those options maybe? He's helped me a lot when i need to figure things out so he might be a good person to go to.

GL i hope you can get things figured out, i just wish i could be of more help.

Quote from: "DracoMancer"
Quote from: "DayDreamerNessa"

HOME
Edit My Group
List Registered Groups

okay thank you so much for answering my questions. but now theres a problem.

i registered for the site and i DIDNT get a validation email. all i got was an email saying that i signed up and that i also registered cuz it shows my registration information on the website (at least the registration for Fanimecon)

On the side menu, when I click on Registration it has the option of "My Account". i click on it, and it lets me sign in.

I sign in...i STILL dont see the options you said that SHOULD appear.
if something isnt right then whats the problem? could it be the fact i use mozilla for a browser? it supports the website so i dont see why THAT would in particular be a problem.

Nina Star 9

I had the same problem with not getting the confirmation e-mail and not being able to log in, but I contacted angeljibrelle and got it taken care of.

K&K4ever

Well, I can tell you one thing, I really hope that they do not do what they did last year at the contest.  My friends and I were in the contest last year, and after everyone had performed, during the time when they are supposed to be judging . . . they picked the winners out of the audience and brought them back stage before handing out the prises.  :evil:  :x  So basically, everyone that was still in the audience knew that they hadn't won and most of them up and left before the ceremony was over.

By the time they were done, me and Linda were the only ones in our group still in there seats, everyone else had said "screw this, I'm out of here" They're usually supposed to bring all the acts out on stage to present the awards, they were lucky that the ones they forgot were still in there seats when they called them.

:oops: . . .  Have we covered this topic yet or em I just ranting?
:oops:
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.