2007 Masquerade News

Started by angeljibrille, June 08, 2006, 12:32:02 PM

DayDreamerNessa

I'm kind of torn between this.

Last year my group was one of the ones who didn't get called up, but had won, when they begin calling people to go back stage for winners and once they stopped i was a little disappointed, because we knew who won and we weren't called. Our group stayed for the awards we enjoy the masquerade and i like to see who won even if i didn't, and even when it was just down to 4 awards our group was still there and luckily we won, it did make things better, but i admit i didn't like it that they pulled people up beforehand, and then i do. But some of my group members were considering leaving because it was late, and we were hungry.

it's good to do what they did because it saves time, and less chaos happens, trying to get everyone on stage. but the downside it's disappointing.

Quote from: "K&K4ever"Well, I can tell you one thing, I really hope that they do not do what they did last year at the contest.  My friends and I were in the contest last year, and after everyone had performed, during the time when they are supposed to be judging . . . they picked the winners out of the audience and brought them back stage before handing out the prises.  :evil:  :x  So basically, everyone that was still in the audience knew that they hadn't won and most of them up and left before the ceremony was over.

By the time they were done, me and Linda were the only ones in our group still in there seats, everyone else had said "screw this, I'm out of here" They're usually supposed to bring all the acts out on stage to present the awards, they were lucky that the ones they forgot were still in there seats when they called them.

:oops: . . .  Have we covered this topic yet or em I just ranting?
:oops:
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

K&K4ever

that's why I'm hoping that they don't do the same thing this year.  I know it saves time but it leaves allot of people very VERY disappointed if not a little cheated.
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

bubydub

Waugh, I emailed the masq. coordinator a month ago about being emergency craftmanship judged on sunday, and she hasn't gotten back to me yet. The members in my group can't make it on any day aside from Sunday, which is why we need to be emergency judged. The deadline of getting the masq. coordinator's approval passed. What should I do?

Miss Goku

Hey can we have specail lighting for our skits, Like lights turning off and on, and if so what do we do to get the lighting?

Nina Star 9

Quote from: "bubydub"Waugh, I emailed the masq. coordinator a month ago about being emergency craftmanship judged on sunday, and she hasn't gotten back to me yet. The members in my group can't make it on any day aside from Sunday, which is why we need to be emergency judged. The deadline of getting the masq. coordinator's approval passed. What should I do?
We had to get special approval for that ahead of time? Where does it say that? I looked and could not find anything, so I assumed that you jsut specified that at-con. In fact, I canot find much of anything on craftsmanship judging. Am I just blind, or...?

I need emergency Sunday judging, as well.

DayDreamerNessa

Quote from: "Nina Star 9"
Quote from: "bubydub"Waugh, I emailed the masq. coordinator a month ago about being emergency craftmanship judged on sunday, and she hasn't gotten back to me yet. The members in my group can't make it on any day aside from Sunday, which is why we need to be emergency judged. The deadline of getting the masq. coordinator's approval passed. What should I do?
We had to get special approval for that ahead of time? Where does it say that? I looked and could not find anything, so I assumed that you jsut specified that at-con. In fact, I canot find much of anything on craftsmanship judging. Am I just blind, or...?

I need emergency Sunday judging, as well.

http://www.fanime.com/cosplay/

on that page in the list there is craftsmanship FAQ and craftsmanship Form.

annnnd on the timeline http://www.fanime.com/cosplay/cosplay_timeline.html

if you look at sunday's schedule from 10-2 it says emergency judging must be approved by 5/20/07

bubydub- i think as long as you've conatcted them in time, i'm sure you'll be ok, and if the timeline is true then you have 5 days to contact them.
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

hellrazer

I also signed up for special craftsmanship judging a while ago and am waiting for a response.  

Also, does anyone know the dimensions of the stage?  It looks huge and I need a sense of how many steps it takes to cross.

foamalchemist

Quote from: "hellrazer"I also signed up for special craftsmanship judging a while ago and am waiting for a response.  

Also, does anyone know the dimensions of the stage?  It looks huge and I need a sense of how many steps it takes to cross.

http://sanjose.org/meetings/facilities/perf_arts.php?x=specs

Miss Goku

So does anyone know what we need to do if we have special lighting?

K&K4ever

Quote from: "Miss Goku"So does anyone know what we need to do if we have special lighting?

. . . ::Looks at other posts::  . . .

I don't know if they're listening, you might have to ask at the con
:?:

angeljibrille

Quote from: "Miss Goku"Hey I have a question about the masquerade. My group and I Pre Registered on April 1st (or whenever the pre-reg opened) as the Saiyuki group, through out the past few days I have had to edit things in our profile (or whatever its called) and every time I do we get bumped to the bottom of the list. Now we are number 51 and that is one of the numbers on the waiting list. I am a bit upset because we were one of the 1st people to sign up and now we are on the waiting list. Is this going to affect weather we are going to be able to be in the masquerade. I worked really had to get our groups registered on the day pre-reg opened and now we are all the way at the bottom. It seems a bit unfair to me if we can’t be in the masquerade. What should we do?

I responded privately about this one :) but, don't worry. As long as you are under "Fully Registered Groups" you are fine.

Just know that the numbers for registration are going to be different than when you are acutally going on stage for the event. We base your actual entry number on when you check in at the convention. :)

angeljibrille

Quote from: "DracoMancer"man i am so FREAKING CONFUSED!

question 1: how do you Edit your FanimeCon Masquerade Registration? I mean the site lets me login but I don't see ANYTHING that will let me edit my group information with details and what have you.
?

Can you try again now? I think I fixed your registration.

I submitted a group and its titled "ninja gaiden" and still pending so....give me DETAILS...

quote="DracoMancer"]
question 2: Masquerade Craftsmanship Judging Form, do you fill it out and email to them? or do you print it up, fill it out and then give it to whomever when you come to the convention?[/quote]

Print it and give it to the judges at the convention when you are judged :)

angeljibrille

Quote from: "K&K4ever"Well, I can tell you one thing, I really hope that they do not do what they did last year at the contest.  My friends and I were in the contest last year, and after everyone had performed, during the time when they are supposed to be judging . . . they picked the winners out of the audience and brought them back stage before handing out the prises.  :evil:  :x  So basically, everyone that was still in the audience knew that they hadn't won and most of them up and left before the ceremony was over.

By the time they were done, me and Linda were the only ones in our group still in there seats, everyone else had said "screw this, I'm out of here" They're usually supposed to bring all the acts out on stage to present the awards, they were lucky that the ones they forgot were still in there seats when they called them.

I'm really sorry :(   but we do have to do this for hazard reasons. Also, it has to do with timing as we are on a completely rigid schedule :(

angeljibrille

I didn't get it... please just PM me your group name.

I'm seriously getting like 3K spam a DAY to the cosplay account -_-## I'm losing e-mails and stuff.

The best way to contact me is probably PM if you haven't heard back by now.

angeljibrille

Quote from: "hellrazer"I also signed up for special craftsmanship judging a while ago and am waiting for a response.  

Please PM me your group name and I'll take care of it. Thanks! :)

angeljibrille

Quote from: "Miss Goku"So does anyone know what we need to do if we have special lighting?

Fill out your lighting requests in the lighting box at the end of your Masquerade entry. :)

doragon

I have a question ~  Is there a way so we can have three of our group members to be situated on stage before the music and lighting come on which might even be right before the emcee narration since ours is so short?  Or should this more be filled out in the music and lighting request boxes and such? xD
Stuff!

ranma12

Quote from: "doragon"I have a question ~  Is there a way so we can have three of our group members to be situated on stage before the music and lighting come on which might even be right before the emcee narration since ours is so short?  Or should this more be filled out in the music and lighting request boxes and such? xD
They can run in wall your setting things up or they will turn off the light for a set of time just make sure too add that in your masq set up (when u were setting up your group they said "speical lighting"

AngelKawaii

Umm..what day and time is this going to happen at?

K&K4ever

Quote from: "angeljibrille"

I'm really sorry :(   but we do have to do this for hazard reasons. Also, it has to do with timing as we are on a completely rigid schedule :(

You could pick them out of the audience when you announce the winners, In other words: have them come to you like every other con. that would make allot of people happier

(Me included)