The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya gathering 2007

Started by DJpNoiEcLipSe, June 12, 2006, 12:38:32 AM

DJpNoiEcLipSe

Quote from: "pockystix"Is everyone good with a Sunday gathering? Maybe get this one off the ground before Fanime starts... >__>;

I'm thinking about Sunday at 12:30 at the front entrance. Is that cool with everyone?
what is is.. it's just what it is....
just go with it.  
                                   -WaLLy aKa DJpNoiEcLipSe

Inuashley

I've never seen Haruhi before, but I just learned how to do the Hare Hare Yukai dance for Anime Expo this year, so what about getting a lot of people(doesn't matter what they cosplay as) to do the Hare Hare Yukai dance after the gathering? I think it'd be fun ^^
Next conventions: Fanime 2011, Anime Next (?), Anime Expo, AM2

pockystix

Quote from: "DJpNoiEcLipSe"I'm thinking about Sunday at 12:30 at the front entrance. Is that cool with everyone?

That's cool with me. Everyone practice Hare Hare Yukai now! (and I mean the full 3-minute version! If all else fails, YouTube it.)
New sn = Meirin

kuroi

Sunday should be fine, as long as that's not my panel time ^_^ Hare Hare Yukai ftw!  (youtube is amazing for this; there's even mirrored versions up!)

....3 minute version? It's out?
2009 cosplays:
ahaha, so undecided
Chibitalia, Yanki!Souji, TYL!Irie Shouichi, Jack Bezarius, and Cool Lady!Tear Grants are most likely though

DJpNoiEcLipSe

i just pretty much bought all my cosplay things today and got it all.. but the blazer. that is so hard to find for that color. can someone help me find a blazer for kyon please!!
just go with it.  
                                   -WaLLy aKa DJpNoiEcLipSe

Inuashley

Could we do the short version also? A lot of people don't know the long version. ^^;;
Next conventions: Fanime 2011, Anime Next (?), Anime Expo, AM2

DJpNoiEcLipSe

Quote from: "Inuashley"Could we do the short version also? A lot of people don't know the long version. ^^;;

Yeah i didn't even know there was a 3 minute version myself. And I know a lot of people don't know the long version. I would rather do the short version but it's up to you all. ^^
just go with it.  
                                   -WaLLy aKa DJpNoiEcLipSe

pockystix

Awww... but the long version is so EPIC. (The poses, THE POSES)

XP Well, at least to the TV Size. The long version isn't too hard, the second verse is just a little different.
New sn = Meirin

DJpNoiEcLipSe

Hey is anyone down for practicing the dance Friday and/or Saturday night?
just go with it.  
                                   -WaLLy aKa DJpNoiEcLipSe

Jun-Watarase

When's the masquerade? We should all get together and practice to do a mass Hare Hare Yukai. >3<

This gathering is still happening, right? What's the official time, we got so far? The rostor? Anyone there?

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

DJpNoiEcLipSe

Quote from: "Jun-Watarase"When's the masquerade? We should all get together and practice to do a mass Hare Hare Yukai. >3<

This gathering is still happening, right? What's the official time, we got so far? The rostor? Anyone there?

It's too late for the masquerade thing because there wouldn't be enough time to practice. Everyone basically lives far away from each other in the bay. All the other information is always update on the first post.
just go with it.  
                                   -WaLLy aKa DJpNoiEcLipSe

pockystix

I posted the gathering date & time at the official gathering list thread, so hopefully last-minute people who haven't posted on this thread stating their presence will attend. ;)
New sn = Meirin

AnnoyedWabbit

I'll be longhaired!Haruhi and I'll be bringing along a maid!Mikuru. :D
Cosplay Fanime 2009:
Alcia Melchiott and Welkin Gunther (Valkyria Chronicles)
Can I actually finish this without a)failing out of my senior year and b)killing myself? Only time will tell.

Jun-Watarase

So it's... 12:30n in the front entrance, on Sunday?

I hope people come to this. I'm really unclear if people are going to attend... I'm expecting a huge flock of Haruhi cosplayers, this year, but I don't think many of them have seen this thread or are on the boards, so...

Someone hyperactive-- grab attention!

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

kuroi

Quote from: "Jun-Watarase"So it's... 12:30n in the front entrance, on Sunday?

I hope people come to this. I'm really unclear if people are going to attend... I'm expecting a huge flock of Haruhi cosplayers, this year, but I don't think many of them have seen this thread or are on the boards, so...

check! I'll be waving around my recruiting sign, as well as running around a lot; it'll be pretty hard for people to miss me.

Someone should make a sandwich board and wear it. XD
2009 cosplays:
ahaha, so undecided
Chibitalia, Yanki!Souji, TYL!Irie Shouichi, Jack Bezarius, and Cool Lady!Tear Grants are most likely though

alkaline

Quote from: "DJpNoiEcLipSe"Hey is anyone down for practicing the dance Friday and/or Saturday night?

Yeah, if a horde of cosplayers want to do the dance on Sunday, I'd be down to practice it sometime during the week.

We'd just have to make sure someone showed up with a stereo ;o

Nosferatu

Quote from: "AnnoyedWabbit"I'll be longhaired!Haruhi and I'll be bringing along a maid!Mikuru. :D

*is said maid!Mikuru*

Yeah, I'm one of those that forgets to check the forums until the week before the con. :P
Fanime 2014: Mass Effect fem!Shep still incomplete. No cosplay this year.

DJpNoiEcLipSe

Quote from: "kuroi"

check! I'll be waving around my recruiting sign, as well as running around a lot; it'll be pretty hard for people to miss me.

oh wow you got a recruit sign?? wanna make two? hahaha
just go with it.  
                                   -WaLLy aKa DJpNoiEcLipSe

kuroi

Quote from: "DJpNoiEcLipSe"
Quote from: "kuroi"

oh wow you got a recruit sign?? wanna make two? hahaha

It's really simple
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j95/crazy_kuroi/2006_0702Image0001.jpg
and the back
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j95/crazy_kuroi/2006_0702Image0005.jpg
I can make one for you if I've got enough time, as well as more markers (I ran down the Sharpies I was using ^_^;;)
2009 cosplays:
ahaha, so undecided

Oniko

I cant believe I didnt notice this thread sooner.
I just got my Haruhi ribbon in the mail off ebay  making my costume complete.  Just in case I've been practicing the dance (short version) cause I knew there would be a chance I would get dragged into it and would look like a fool if I didnt know it.  The dance would be fun, I just hope I can remember all the steps, the ending is the hardest part for me and I've only ever practiced alone, not in a group.

Edit: Oh we should have lessons before the big dance so other people who havnt seen the show or are interested could learn and dance along.  The more the merrier!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDe7Xqw4rWY
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth