What is your FAVORITE anime, manga, and author?

Started by YourAngel101, June 12, 2006, 04:38:45 PM

YourAngel101

My favorite anime is probably Fruits Basket...Im such a girl XP Yuu Watase is my favorite author of all time, annnnd my favorite manga is....absolute boyfriend thus far currently...so what's yours?

XpHoBiaX

Angel Sanctuary. Though I heard that the next dvd volume will not be made, or something like that. That was like, the only manga series I have fully collected. T_T why......?

All my stuff is packed and awaiting a big move, so I'll prolly update this when I get to my new destination. :]

YourAngel101

That sux, dont you hate that?  :(

Kazuko

I have too many favorites...I might as well list them all XD!

Anime:
NANA
Paradise Kiss
Card Captor Sakura
Princess Tutu
Cowboy Bebop
Hellsing
Ranma 1/2
Nanaka 6/17
Fate/Stay Night
X/1999
Full Metal Panic
Gravitation
Loveless
Fruits basket
Di Gi Charat
< <; i cant remember the others

Manga:
Nana
Paradise Kiss
Chobits
DOLL
Dolls
Sugar Sugar Rune
Fruits basket
Absolute boyfriend
XXXHolic
Confidential Confessions
Rozen Maiden
Tramps Like us
A Perfect day for love letters
Pita Tien

Manga-ka:
CLAMP
Ai Yawaza
Yuu Watase
Koge Donbo
Moyoco Anno
George Asakura
Mitsukazu Mihara
Peach-Pit
Reiko Momochi
Yumiko Kawahara

^_^; pretty much what i can remmeber

YourAngel101

O_O Wow...thats quite a list...lol ^^

otakuapprentice

favorite anime: FLCL

fav. manga: .....thats a hard question, there are too many i like to just single out one.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

YourAngel101

Yeah it is hard to think of just one manga to be a favorite....I also like Imadoki (such a cute series!!) or Alice 19th...and Chobits!!!

zoupzuop2

Although the only series I've really gone crazy over is Ranma ½ (being the only series that's passed through the front door of this house, barring "mainstreams" during their times), a friend was nice enough to hook me up with BECK. That will probably become my next-favorite series. Not my fave yet, but... still gotta watch.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

mDuo13

BECK was good, but definitely not a favorite. Kazuko, are you sure you're not listing off every series you've ever watched? =P

Personally, I'd say my favorite anime is Shingetsutan Tsukihime. .hack//SIGN comes close.

Favorite manga is far and away Oh My Goddess! - it's hilarious, exciting, romantic, and wonderfully drawn.

Kazuko

Quote from: "mDuo13"BECK was good, but definitely not a favorite. Kazuko, are you sure you're not listing off every series you've ever watched? =P

Personally, I'd say my favorite anime is Shingetsutan Tsukihime. .hack//SIGN comes close.

Favorite manga is far and away Oh My Goddess! - it's hilarious, exciting, romantic, and wonderfully drawn.

o__O its what i do during my summer~ i watch alot of anime cause my brother brings in like tonnies of Anime DVD's and ryu and other friends introduced me to other shows :3

which reminds me o___o i need to finish off Fate/stay night

Barnes

Anime: Princess Mononoke

Manga: Steel Angel Kurumi, Nausicaa

Author: George Orwell (what?)
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Spiritsnare

Azumanga Daioh...and Azumanga Daioh.

(Both originally by Azuma Kiyohiko.)
epic progressive

vox

YourAngel101

Spiritsnare- Azumanga Daioh definatley is up there on my top 5 lol. I own all of the anime XD

Barnes- :-O I love Princess Mononoke! Every time I watch it, it makes me think deep thoughts ^^

mDuo13- Ive never seen/read .hack// but Ive come so close! I should read it...maybe it will be my summer project, lol. And Oh! My Goddess is really good! I love how the characters are drawn, too. :D So pretty!

zoupzuop2- Yeah Ranma 1/2 is awesome! And the theme song is so catchy! lol

otakuapprentice- I need to see FLCL too...I need to get caught up w/everyone! Lol

Tsubasa

My favorite series in recent memory is Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's.  The nigh-flawless combination of moe and awesome just hit a chord with me.  Other favorites would be Nadesico, Happy Lesson, and AIR.

Favorite manga....  Perhaps Card Captor Sakura, ARIA, Love Hina, and One Piece.

As for authors, I don't know.  I generally like a lot of CLAMP stuff.  Akamatsu Ken makes some engaging stories....  And Amano Kozue deserves mention if only for ARIA.

Quote from: "mDuo13"Personally, I'd say my favorite anime is Shingetsutan Tsukihime.
Eww~.  Sorry, but the Tsukihime anime was a horrible mangling of the game's story.  And I certainly don't understand why they had to make Shiki emo. -.-
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

LastElixir

1. err this is a hard one, but right now its Mushishi for sure.

2. Sugoiyo masaru-san, hxh, one piece (except sora jima arc) and kochikame. Been a huge jump comic head since I was like 5. (I only read shounen and seinen)

3. Author, probably have to give dr. togashi the credit here. He blows my mind every freakin time.

zoupzuop2

Quote from: "YourAngel101"
zoupzuop2- Yeah Ranma 1/2 is awesome! And the theme song is so catchy! lol
Which season? There's so many!

My favorites have to be the original, "Zettai! (No Way!)", which is the... 3rd season intro, I think... and Haato Nibun No Naisho, one from the song calendar, which only a few have. Youtube it for great fun.
Not to mention that Akane is teh rawrsecks in that movie.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Tsubasa"
Quote from: "mDuo13"Personally, I'd say my favorite anime is Shingetsutan Tsukihime.
Eww~.  Sorry, but the Tsukihime anime was a horrible mangling of the game's story.  And I certainly don't understand why they had to make Shiki emo. -.-

The same way they need to make every other protagonist emo. Cough Kazuki cough Yuuichi cough.
epic progressive

vox

uzutake

O____________O You must be tripping to ask that hard of a question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >_______<# AHHHHHH HEADACHE!!!!

Overreacting ^^U

Um...lemme see...:

::Anime::
Papa to Kiss in the Dark
Loveless
Gravitation
GAKUEN HEAVEN!!!!(put this at the top of the list pwetty pwease)
([Yeah...hardcore yaoi/shonen-ai/shotacon fan ><])
Negima(...such a cute show...less perverted then Love Hina so yeah xD)
Aishiteruze Baby
Black Cat

::Manga::
!!!Gravitation!!!
Loveless
Naruto
CHOBITS!!!
DEATH. NOTE.
Eerie Queerie(Ghost! in Japan)
Fushigi Yugi(anime too)
Fruits Basket(getting a bit tired of it cuz they take FOREVER to release the next volume and stuff)

::Manga-ka/Author::
Takeshi Obata
Tsugumi Ohba
Masashi Kishimoto
CLAMP
Yuu Watase
Maki Murakami
Kentaro Yabuki
Yun Kouga...DEFINATELY.

There's more but I forgot TTwTT