Bring Eurobeat People to Fanime '07!

Started by zoupzuop2, June 14, 2006, 12:05:13 AM

zoupzuop2

My Idea/Suggestion:

Bring Eurobeat artists over to America to do a few panels, maybe do something on Stage Zero, and DEFINITELY play on the main stage!
It'd be perfect! We could have Dave Rodgers, Mauro Farina, John Desire... and they could talk to the future Eurobeat artists out among us! And PLAY music! And... OOH!

If this was all that happened at Fanime, I'd most likely still come.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

KitsuneOniko

Actually that's not a bad idea, though it would be a lil difficult to pull off without connections and planning... why not suggest it to some of the staff at the next Fanime meeting? I rather love eurobeat music myself and that would be something interesting to see and I would love to hear while I am working at the con XD Why not talk to Wendell and Sean Barber and us other Stage Zero staff about it if you also may want it on Stage Zero? ^^
Fanime Volunteer 2003-2004
Fanime Dealership Staff 2005-2006
Fanime Live Programming Staff 2006
Fanime Programing Liaison 2006
Fanime Stage Zero Co-Producer 2006
Fanime Stage Zero Hostess 2007-Present <3

-zoxan-

Someone buy me a PuchiPuchi Prease~

Tetsunai

Eurobeat king isn't Eurobeat enough for you Zoup?

But yeah, I support this idea too :D

Emerge

im still oblivious to what eurobeat IS...

Barnes

Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Ska_Kitti

Quote from: "Tetsunai"Eurobeat king isn't Eurobeat enough for you Zoup?

But yeah, I support this idea too :D

xD Bwahaha... just think if all eurobeat ppl were like Al. Thousands, upon thousands of Al's roaming Fanime and stalking women for their pictures on their downtime. Good luck on the idea though. ^_^ You get my support.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Tony

What if I brought over move? Just curious.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "Tony"What if I brought over move? Just curious.

YOU DO THAT AND I WILL MAKE YOU KING OF FANIME, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. :p
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

FanFicGuru

We would all love you and spend lots of money on Eurobeat products.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

zoupzuop2

As awesome as "move" sounds... who IS "move"? A eurobeat group?

If so, I would probably, like, lurb you for, like, ever and all that stuff. Oh, and I'd... um... do something. ...celebratory. ...-ish.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "zoupzuop2"As awesome as "move" sounds... who IS "move"? A eurobeat group?

If so, I would probably, like, lurb you for, like, ever and all that stuff. Oh, and I'd... um... do something. ...celebratory. ...-ish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.O.V.E

I'm a big fan of theirs. They really should come to Fanime hehehe
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

AbsolutelyCursed

Quote from: "RyuHayabusa"

YOU DO THAT AND I WILL MAKE YOU KING OF FANIME, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. :p

You do that and I think everyone will make you the GOD of Fanime

M

Just a friendly reminder...

"God of Fanime" and "King of Fanime" are two titles (among many) that are currently taken. Thank you, have a nice day. =)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Zain

Quote from: "MPLe"Just a friendly reminder...

"God of Fanime" and "King of Fanime" are two titles (among many) that are currently taken. Thank you, have a nice day. =)
Thanks for defending my titles, buddy. You will be promptly rewarded.
2007 Staff (Facilities, IT, Website, Publications)

mDuo13

As long as it's eurobeat groups that have been involved in anime such as Initial D, I'm down.

If they're unrelated, I think they'll be out of place.

zoupzuop2

Ec-squeeze me? So Franz Tornado and other HI-NRG Attack people aren't good enough for you? *hrmph*. I see how it is.

Whatever happens in this department is most appreciated, though. It'd be awesome to have Eurobeat artists come to Fanime.

The-O

The-O Network Online Executive Editor
Con Reports, Photos, News, Interviews, Reviews, and more!
www.t-ono.net

Tsuchimi Rin-chan

I like to resurrect this topic by saying that Fanime should try to talk with AVEX Japan and see if they can get M.O.V.E to be a musical guest of honor.

So far they are planning to by at the upcoming Seattle Anime Con called Sakura Con.  More info is here:

http://www.sakuracon.org/index.php

Another good Japanese Eurobeat/J-pop Group I want to suggest to the con would be Hinoi Team lead by Hinoi Asuka.  They did the closing song of the Ichigo 100% Anime.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinoi_Team

These are suggestions I would like the Fanime Higher ups and staffers to consider and look into for this years con.  :idea:
Jason Nagal Estioko
Fanime Con Attendee from 1998 to current 2011. (12 years and counting!) Fanime Con 2006 E-Gaming Department Staffer
Animation on Display (San Francisco's Animation Convention) Video Game Staffer since 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

CrackPr0n

Eh, Eurobeat(in the sense... that you guys are talking about it) has died drastically in the past two years. There's still a few lingering, but the entire Para/SEB thing is virtually dead(in Japan).

Even Club Velfarre closed down last year, and that was basically the final nail in the coffin. Move's popularity has died drastically as well. A lot of basically no named bands to US fans are way more popular than them now.

I still enjoy a handful of MOVE's songs, and a few of the newer(note... newer) Eurobeat stuff that comes out, but for the most part, it should be left to die. It's like those people that tried to revive disco in the 80's... ... ... and failed miserably at it.

Oh just to add...

Move isn't Eurobeat.