If you could date any anime character...

Started by kscuotakus, March 25, 2003, 12:39:39 AM

TruLySeNtiMeNtaL

Suspicious Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 10:21 pm    Post subject:  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fangirl's Boyfriend: "Whaa? No! I can't turn into a dragon! REEEALLY >.< hey! quit pulling on my leg! Look, it'll be cool if I can but I *snap* *crackle* *pop* aggggggh

Hehe ^_^'' opps i guess humans are cool too ehe....wait a second... boyfriend?!?!?! *breaks his leg* i have no boy friend!!! its all a lie.. but u woudl be if u coudl turn into a dragon lol

Taiki at first i was mad at what u said but you made up for it in the end. Fangirls may say things and have dreams about hot guys like the way Serena and i do but it's not like we go around telling people who don't even know what were talking about or relating them to real life conversation?!?! we don't do anything psyco! We just dream, and after all if real guys were so great maybe fan girls wouldn't need to be so into anime guys :P Cause after all the passion we have that u so adore coudl be a girl's passion  for u... ya'll neva know  :wink: [/quote]
*Glomps* NyAuU MeW mEw! KaeLisTale ^_^

taiki

Quote from: "TruLySeNtiMeNtaL"

Cause after all the passion we have that u so adore coudl be a girl's passion  for u... ya'll neva know  :wink:

I already do.  And it's making me go mental.  That's it.  I'm out to lunch.

TruLySeNtiMeNtaL

OO Taiki can u grab me soem Sushi on the way? hehe  no Wasbi please hehe

Ikari

Quote from: "TruLySeNtiMeNtaL"after all if real guys were so great maybe fan girls wouldn't need to be so into anime guys

No offense, but here's what I keep hearing from the Fan* aspect of anime:

a) Fangirl complains that if real guys were nice they wouldn't obsess over anime guys.
b) Fanboy complains that if real women were nice they'd not obsess over anime girls.
c) Ikari's brain explodes pondering why A+B != C

So my question is. Why haven't they hooked up? More often than not the qualities each person is looking for is found in the person they least think of for a relationship. As Chris Rock put it, you have to be into the same stuff your girl/boyfriend is. She can't be a Christian and he can't be a crack addict! IT DON'T WORK!

W: I'm going to church, where are you going?
M: I'M GONNA HIT THE PIPE!

What better base for starting on the road to a relationship is there than a healthy obsession with Japanese cartoons? It's getting tiring hearing the same old lines repeated ad nauseum.
You can turn your back on a person, but, never turn your back on an otaku. Especially when it's waving a razor-sharp pocky stick in your eye.
F'nOtaku - Celebrating 100 Years Of Annoying Fans

Tsubasa

The problem is that the majority of anime fans are romantics.  Because of this and the fact that anime portrails men and women in very idealistic manners, too many of them become too caught up in some grand search for their ideal mate, who is generally either an exact replica of their favorite anime crush or some kind of juxtaposition of traits from multiple characters.  More fans need to be more realistic.  It's generally not a good idea to set your goals too high; you'll just be disappointed.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

ChibiSerenaChan

:shock: this is starting to be a little verbal brawl now... can everyone calm down pwease?? >O_o<
One of the Original

Stage Zero Hostess (the hyper one who makes random noises) since Fanime 2006 till I retire! XD when will that be >O_o< teehee >^.^< I hope you keep supporting US HOSTS!!!

Faye Valentine

Yes Serena-chan I agree.
I'd like to say something:
I'M IN LOVE WITH SUMARAGI SUBARU!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
*rolls around on ground*
Yes I do, yes I do!! *sings*
...poo.

ChibiSerenaChan

Faye-san: whoa!  :shock: someone had sugar... XD teehee but hey anime guys or not i still love both!! mwuahaha!! depends on the guy though >O_o<
One of the Original

Stage Zero Hostess (the hyper one who makes random noises) since Fanime 2006 till I retire! XD when will that be >O_o< teehee >^.^< I hope you keep supporting US HOSTS!!!

Faye Valentine

Quote from: "ChibiSerenaChan"Faye-san: whoa!  :shock: someone had sugar... XD teehee but hey anime guys or not i still love both!! mwuahaha!! depends on the guy though >O_o<
No actually I had no sugar. Just brocoli. But anyways OMG I love Subaru so much you have NO idea. Like even more than Lantis. Yes, I actually just said that. ^.^ You know who else is uber hot though? KANOE. Dude, I love her. She's so friggin' hot. And awesome. And so is Yuto. He's so sweet!! And Arashi's pretty cute, too. And Kakyou? Oh don't even get me started on him...*continues to babble about X*
SUBARU x SEISHIRO!!!!!!! YES YES YES!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!
...poo.

taiki

ChibiSerenaChan: I don't think ti's so much a verbal brawl as it is a stark difference in ideals.  

What ikari and tsubasa said can be applied more generally if reworded.  Granted, the source of the idea of perfection in one's mate will come from different sources, anime, comics, TV soap operas, computer manuals, and harlequinn novels, just to name a few, but the same story still stands.

on another note...

I think i'm plenty realisitic desiring a 5'10 chick that's mostly legs with quadruple d breasts, glasses, and smart enough to bulid a giant space armada designed to fight aliens.  

(please realize that was sarcasm.. ^^;; )

Tsubasa

Quote from: "taiki"What ikari and tsubasa said can be applied more generally if reworded.  Granted, the source of the idea of perfection in one's mate will come from different sources, anime, comics, TV soap operas, computer manuals, and harlequinn novels, just to name a few, but the same story still stands.

True, but from what I've observed, anime fans are generally more romantic than the average non-fan, thus I direct my words primarily at them.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Ikari

Tai: All I'm trying to say is that their perfect mate might be right infront of their faces, but they won't know it if they continually look past it. :?
You can turn your back on a person, but, never turn your back on an otaku. Especially when it's waving a razor-sharp pocky stick in your eye.

taiki

Ikari: So you mean to say, "put down the pocky and kiss the guy in the dbz tshirt.  you'll thank yourself later."?

Ikari

Well...maybe without the DBZ shirt, but essentially. Stop dreaming, start DOING. Well...dating, yeah! I mean, heck a cheap date could be just a group of you eating pizza and watching anime! Doesn't always have to be a 1v1 thing.

[edit]
Ooh ooh wait I wanna quote RHPS:

DON'T DREAM IT. BE IT.

taiki

Oooh!  So do I!  

In just seven days I can make you a MAAAAAAAAAAAAN o/~

Ikari

...I'll get Quatre for you right away.

taiki

*Jay Shermon voice*

I am not GAY.

Although the more interesting experiment is if we can make Quatre a man.  That'll be amazing.

ChibiSerenaChan

*is stupid* >O_o< i hate when i get confused...
One of the Original

taiki

me and ikari "hijacked" the thread and went waaay off topic.

Anyway.

Anyone up for some dinner at Fanime2004?  Not for another year but it couldn't hurt to start trying to see who's available =D

TruLySeNtiMeNtaL

Just because you have things in common doesn't mean you'll always get along, if anything it usally starts competition or jealousy besides I think the reason people like anime is that you can get into it but be safe. People relate to the feelings and chacaters but don't get hurt or anything because its just a movie or show. It like an escape of reality to still feel as if you relate to soemnoe but without the consequences, and all the things we adore in it is like a dream. I know when my life gets furstrating and complicated i  turn to anime because it gets my mind off things  it just something always nice to watch