If you could date any anime character...

Started by kscuotakus, March 25, 2003, 12:39:39 AM

Suspicious

Mentally disturbing other males after they're led to believe you're female is fun :P

I usually like to keep my gender secret or even act female in other places because females are generally more mature than males  :wink: and the way my personality is, I sometimes identify more with females than males in certain aspects.
»Jrock Con »LJ »MySpace »Website

platinum edge

You know, every time I see the name "Tsubasa," I keep thinking about that Ranma 1/2 character, Tsubasa Kurenai...yes, that Tsubasa... the cross-dressing guy that went out with Ukyo before she transfered to Ranma's high school...
Always chase after your dreams, and never forget why you are pursuing them.

RyuHayabusa

Plat: I guess you are not the only one. lol XD

Suspicious: You do that? Man, that is interesting, albeit a little weird O.o;;;
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Faye Valentine

*drools at the thought of cross-dressers* Oh! Where did that come from?  :oops:  *teehee*

Hmmm...about the whole keeping gender secret on the net thing...

QuoteMentally disturbing other males after they're led to believe you're female is fun :P

That is so awesome!! Ha! Great!! *high five*

In my case, it's kind of obvious that I'm female. I'm always babbling about bishies!! But then again I have been asked a few times if I was male, since I once posted about how I was madly in love with Kanoe and how I love Yuri.

*stops and looks at post* ...what did that have to do with anything? :? Oh well. ^.^
...poo.

Faye Valentine

*drools at the thought of cross-dressers* Oh! Where did that come from?  :oops:  *teehee*

Hmmm...about the whole keeping gender secret on the net thing...

QuoteMentally disturbing other males after they're led to believe you're female is fun :P

That is so awesome!! Ha! Great!! *high five*

In my case, it's kind of obvious that I'm female. I'm always babbling about bishies!! But then again I have been asked a few times if I was male, since I once posted about how I was madly in love with Kanoe and how I love Yuri.

*stops and looks at post* ...what did that have to do with anything? :? Oh well. ^.^
...poo.

kscuotakus

oh yeah, about that tsubasa, i was just thinking about tsubasa shibahime from karekano, and whenever i think anything karekano, i get excited. didn't know tsubasa is common in anime/manga :?

here's a question: would any of you be interested in dating another person interested in anime, or would you rather date someone who watches anime casually, if not, not at all? to date and otaku or not to date, that is the question. personally, i'd rather not date another otaku. i'm the type of person that likes to introduce new things to people, and i don't think i could compete w/ a girl that shares my same hobbies, be it sports, music, games. whaddya think?

Tsubasa

From what I've observed, Tsubasa isn't exactly a common name, but it's out there and you can see people and anime characters named Tsubasa on occasion.  And, also, from what I can tell, it also seems unisex, which seems to be the general trend for the vast majority of Japanese names (only it seems more often associated with females).

I've long decided that anyone I may be considering dating must share my hobbies: watching anime, reading manga, and gaming.  Why?  Because I do way too much of all of those and I'm sure any normal person would eventually become annoyed.  I need someone who will understand my hobbies and will actually enjoy them with me.  I'm also not one who likes being the all mighty "I know everything and I shall show you" type either.  So a casual fan is not preferred either.  I gotta say, I would prefer a fangirl.  Someone who would prefer gaming sessions to something like going out to a club.  Yeah, now that's a girl. ^_^
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Kaura117

Oh my. Imagine what yer children'll be like. x.x;;; A household dominated by anime!

garfield

and the children...

if a girl, name her sakura or other girls anime name

if a boy, name him tsubasa or other boys anime name

hahaha.. I'm just joking...  :lol:

otakuya

When I'm older, I want a daughter...I'll name her Sakura.

It's a cute name, but I'm not Japanese.

Tama

I think an all anime house would be fun! I also agree with Tsubasa about the dating thing.  Anybody I date would HAVE to like anime more then just a little.  It's my main hobby/ obsession.  Just ask my friends.  I mean would you want to spend the bulk of your  free time with someone who was so boring as to not like anime?  There's something out there for everyone! :D

Ah! No offense to anyone who is with someone who doesn't like anime... I just think it would be a lot more fun to share hobbies. Ne?
taaaa DAAAAA! I LIVE!!!!

garfield

Quote from: "Otakuya"When I'm older, I want a daughter...I'll name her Sakura.

It's a cute name, but I'm not Japanese.

uuhh.. sure it's cute.. but unless you life in japan or a japanese, please do not give that name to your daughter.  You don't want your daughter to get bullied because of her name, won't you???

...never thought someone take my comments seriously...

RyuHayabusa

well, what is wrong with naming your daughter that? I like that name and I would name my daughter that and it is a beautiful name. plus it is unique as cool and I'll tell her that if someone is making fun of her, not to back down and confront it.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

maikaerin

Sakura. That's a pretty name and i don't think that people should make fun of her just for having it. It's unique and i like that.

Anyways, back to the original topic. Hmm, any anime character to date? Just throw me some off beat musician and i'll be a happy camper...

... i like guys that have their own style. I don't think i can stand the regular pants and a shirt type of guy. He needs more than that...

Woops, i kinda morphed this into my dream guy type of thing... ^^' mai bad all.
Ikaw ang lahat sa akin!

You're my everything

... not really, but i'm addicted to this show.

Kaura117

Sakura's a pretty 'nuff name to avoid the problem of being made fun of.

Syaoran, on the other hand, is a name you should avoid when namin' a boy.

SpazMegami

Personally, I have to find someone who would at least accept my otakuness, if not be an otaku themselves.  As to the naming kids stuff, I see no problem with someone naming their child Sakura.  I've been planning to name my child Aki (when and if I have one) simply cause I love the name and what it means(autumn)...well, that and I knew a Japanese exchange student in high school and that's her name. ^_^
Current # of bishies in my harem: 562...I've been a busy little spaz monkey! ^_^

otakuya

:oops: I though this post was supposed to be an anime character you would date, not something this far ahead, like a name of your future child.

Maybe it's my fault...

Kaura117

It's a form of pseudo-Darwinian evolution. ^^ When the topic becomes too boring, it either stops (goes extinct), or evolves into something a tad more interesting.

otakuya

It's interesting alright...embarassing, but intersting.

SpazMegami

Embarassing?  What's embarassing about planning your future or having kids?  Hmmm...maybe (for some people) once you get past a certain age/maturity, your focus changes...either that or it's because time seems to move quicker now @_@
Current # of bishies in my harem: 562...I've been a busy little spaz monkey! ^_^