Where Do You Read Manga?

Started by ININ, June 16, 2006, 05:16:36 PM

ININ

I have a small collection.  I read manga that involves me waiting such as waiting for a table in a restaurant and flying in an airplane.  I rarely find time to read at home >.<

Tsubasa

I generally like reading manga at home, alone, and not rushing it.  I prefer to take my time and take everything in.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

mDuo13

I read my manga at home. And I rush it. Then I stuff it in a box and eventually give it away.

True story.

Lisu

I like to read at home though I rarely do, mostly because there are other things to do.
Many of my books I have read walking. Others, in miscellaneous waiting periods or useless classes.

Barnes

In my room. The only place where I can concentrate.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

zoupzuop2

I read in my room, usually for leisure, sometimes to remember the plot, and sometimes to get inspired for this bizarre series of comic strips I keep drawing of Ranma and Kirby, where Ranma's obsessed with Hot Pockets and Kirby's a smartaleck, amongst other things.

Then I pine over the next opportunity to buy more manga.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

saiko_koneko

i read it everywhere
bt most of th etime i read it at home

on my bed -^^-
and take the time to read the WHOLE thing -^^-

Sunara Ishi

I'm with saiko on that...

I read it everywhere but I like to read it at home, sitting on my bed. >.<

Saiko? You sure we're not twins? O:
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

LastElixir

i usually read my manga in my room. Also in the s*itter, i usually keep like 20 volumes of old jump comics in there.

~~Loktera~~

Normally, you can find me reading Manga down at the Starbucks down the street from my house (My sister works there).

Or on the comfy green couch in my living room (I normally end up napping mid-book)

Sometimes in my bed (When it isn't covered in stuff)

"Extended Sitting Periods" in the lavatorium (It's comfy, quiet, and nobody disturbs you.

The cafeteria at school (Breaks between classes).

After I am done, they earn their place on the bookshelf... Which is starting to get kinda full...Which reminds me... I need the latest books of Negima, XXXholic and Tsubasa Chronicle...
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Chun

Everywhere you could possibly imagine.

And that includes the bathroom.(And I'm sure others do as well and are afraid to admit it)

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Tsukai Mori

Borders, in lines, at the dinner table, during...class...in my room.

KimaLucifer

Train, Bf`s house, room, at the Manga Cafe (Jiyuu Kuukan) 3 minutes from the school train stop.

I love Japan.
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

YoureMyHiro

On the shitter or at my desk.

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "KimaLucifer"...at the Manga Cafe (Jiyuu Kuukan) 3 minutes from the school train stop...

This is what is missing from modern American society.
epic progressive

vox

saiko_koneko

Quote from: "Sunara Ishi"I'm with saiko on that...

I read it everywhere but I like to read it at home, sitting on my bed. >.<

Saiko? You sure we're not twins? O:
spiritually

uzutake

I read mine at home...right after I buy it. Just sit on my comfy couch in peace and quiet...or with a friend, either way.

Or when I go to the local Barnes&Nobles with nada in my pocket and read there for 8 hours...I usually take my time...takes an hour to read a standard manga book...little speech bubbles and all...unless the common asian wannabe jRockers come by and talk on and on about nonsense anime and manga when they dont know what the hell they're talking about...and really loudly...I end up reading the same page 103948783920847320 bagillion times...

I also sometimes read while walking in school...when lunch periods are boring or when I wanna show it off an have people be like "Wuzzat?"...then I get to explain ALL ABOUT YAOI... :twisted:

Or in class when I'm bored...

Actually, pretty much everywhere O__OU

ININ

You guys who reads in the bathroom better not sell those manga at the Swap Meet next year -__-

Seinfeld episode George reads a book at Brentano’s Men’s Restroom,

Cashier: I'm sorry, we can't take this book back.
George: Why not?
Cashier: It's been flagged.
George: Flagged?
Cashier: It's been in the bathroom.
George: It says that on the computer?!

Charity Worker: This book has been in a bathroom!
George: What are you talking about?
Charity Worker: It's been flagged. I know, I used to work in a Brentano's. Mister, we're trying to help the homeless here . . .

mychiyoharuhi

Quote from: "Tsubasa"I generally like reading manga at home, alone, and not rushing it.  I prefer to take my time and take everything in.

I agree I don't like to rush my time reading manga. I want to get every detail of it XD

ADORABLEAZN06

i read manga at home!! sometimes in manga store:)