It's Official. Fate/Stay Night Anime is OVER

Started by Tsukai Mori, June 17, 2006, 12:36:20 PM

Tsukai Mori

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
My 666th post goes to FATE/STAY NIGHT being over! Curse you directors! I love you, but I hate you! I loved the anime so much. Too bad I can't play the game (which is another reason why I actually liked Shingetsutan Tsukihime..but I digress). Anyhow, what were your views on this serious? This is entice you to read about EVERY single mythological character (like me minus the Irish hero and Medusa...and Assasin). C'mon! Give a shout out to the series...that broke my heart /sob.

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "Tsukai Mori"NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
My 666th post goes to FATE/STAY NIGHT being over! Curse you directors! I love you, but I hate you! I loved the anime so much. Too bad I can't play the game (which is another reason why I actually liked Shingetsutan Tsukihime..but I digress). Anyhow, what were your views on this serious? This is entice you to read about EVERY single mythological character (like me minus the Irish hero and Medusa...and Assasin). C'mon! Give a shout out to the series...that broke my heart /sob.

Hahahaha

666 GET.  You're the Antichrist :p

I will download episode 24 to see how it all turned out :P
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

mDuo13

Haven't watched the last episode yet, but...

Apparently TYPE-MOON did a poll to see which characters were the fans' favorites (out of like 50 or 60 choices - yow!), and the results were something like this:

#1: Saber. Go figure.
#2: Rin.
#3: Archer
#4: Rider
#5: Ilya
#6: Sakura
#7: Shirou
#8: Lancer
#9: Taiga (the english teacher)
#10: Caster

What do you guys think? I'd say that's pretty predictable.

LastElixir

damn its over.

now make a damn fate/hallow ataraxia sequel!

Sunara Ishi

Gilgamesh isn't on the list... D: Yay! I'm unique! XP
(My faves are saber, Ilya, and gilgamesh) XP

I'll watch it tonight. Even great series can't and should not last forever.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Tsubasa

I've been out all day, so I left the torrent running, but haven't actually watched 24 yet.

The anime has been a very respectable retelling of the game's story.  On one hand, the Unlimited Blade Works and Heavens Feel scenarios were horribly underrepresented in favor of the Fate scenario, but on the other hand, it was a pretty good rewriting by Nasu Kinoko to make everything flow well in one continuity.  So it's kinda a mixed bag for me.

Yah, I saw the results to that character poll before.  There's nothing there really all that surprising as long as you follow the Japanese Fate fanart.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Tsukai Mori

Quote from: "Tsubasa"
Yah, I saw the results to that character poll before.  There's nothing there really all that surprising as long as you follow the Japanese Fate fanart.

Do you know where you can find a lot of that Japanese Fate Fanart?

Tsubasa

The process of searching individual Japanese sites for images is far too intensive and not really worth the effort.  Instead, I think the best way to follow the scene on any kind of english site is through Idle-chan's Type-Moon image board.
-Tsubasa

RyuHayabusa

I just saw the final episode and I liked the ending. It handled the plot and ended it neatly. I was touched that Saber wanted to return back to England as King Arthur and rest in peace that now her mission was complete. At least it ended in a good note. I think they should make Fate/Hollow Ataraxia as a OVA series now. It would've been nice if Saber fell to the dark side and became Dark Saber and see her with Dark Sakura as well. I really hope they do that if Fate Hollow becomes a second season.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Tsukai Mori

Quote from: "RyuHayabusa"I think they should make Fate/Hollow Ataraxia as a OVA series now. It would've been nice if Saber fell to the dark side and became Dark Saber and see her with Dark Sakura as well. I really hope they do that if Fate Hollow becomes a second season.

I think you described the second season as the Heaven's Feel Scenario. Let's take away that kind of stress and pain for Sakura and give her a break. You really don't want to see that scenario. You really don't. As for an OVA on Ataraxia, it would be too open-ended to jump in right off the back. You would need Heaven's Feel and...well... Heaven's Feel needs a lot of editing to get in.
On a similar vibe though, we both love Fate/stay night. I'm sure we both it to continue in some ways...

Fate/ College Applications
Shirou: "I barely got into Sac State!"
Sakura: "Go Senpai!"
Saber: "I got into the prestigious Ooooooxfoooooord"
Shirou: "..."
Rin: "... Well, that just defeated the Shirou x Saber route"
Sakura: "Woot!"

Magical Senpai

Archer got third favorite?

Not enough people are GAR for Archer.

YoureMyHiro

ININ

Please watch your posts, everyone.  I watched 19 episodes.  I almost read a spoiler *quickly scrolls to the end*

*Starts Fanime 2007 Shopping List*  Anything with Saber.  I want a Saber plushie (^_^)

gmontem

Quote from: "ININ"Please watch your posts, everyone.  I watched 19 episodes.  I almost read a spoiler *quickly scrolls to the end*
Why is it that this board still does not have a spoiler tag implemented?  :?
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: "gmontem"
Quote from: "ININ"Please watch your posts, everyone.  I watched 19 episodes.  I almost read a spoiler *quickly scrolls to the end*
Good question.

But that requires the poster to recognize the spoiler. There's always the old fashion way... like this... Would work better if we have the same color as the background. D:
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

gmontem

Quote from: "Sunara Ishi"There's always the old fashion way... like this... Would work better if we have the same color as the background. D:
Because the background color alternates every other post matching the background color can become a PITA in busy threads where someone may post ahead of you, and again after you revise your post with the modified background color, and again, and again.
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

Tsubasa

Quote from: "gmontem"
phpBB doesn't have spoiler tags on your average vanilla install.  It takes extra modding and, from what I can see, it doesn't seem like the web staff's all that big on modding.

If people really want to hide spoilers, do it like this:
Quote from: "Spoiler"spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler
-Tsubasa

mDuo13

Someone really should convince the admin team to apply the spoiler tag mod. I know that another board I'm on finally installed them and it was great.

I'd say RyuHayabasa's second post is the only spoilerish one, though, so if he wants to fix it...

Also, I hear there are a lot of interesting details that didn't quite make it into the anime except as hints. For example:
Quote from: "Spoiler"Archer's true identity is Shirou.