Purikura at fanime :3!

Started by Kazuko, June 18, 2006, 11:52:23 PM

Kazuko

I denno if this could be made possible ^^ but how about some purikura booths for fanime 07 it would be great for like instant con memories and it would be cute :3 its just a suggestion though

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purikura#Purikura <--its a better explanation of what purikura is for thoes who dont understand what it is.

scyper15

...OMG! That would be so awesome Kazuko!! (But please don't make them expensiveee >.>)

~~Loktera~~

*Ahem* Let me be the first to say...

This is the greatest idea ever...

EVER....
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Sunara Ishi

るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Spiritsnare

You Know Kazuko Is Desperate To Kill When... #61: She personally requests purikura at Fanime eleven months prior so that it'll have the support of everyone and they won't have a reason not to.

All joking aside, we do need one or two at Fanime. XD
epic progressive

vox

gmontem

Those purikuras are going to smell of fanboy funk in no time.
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

scyper15

Quote from: "gmontem"Those purikuras are going to smell of fanboy funk in no time.

Oh shit. You're right. D: But but but... PuriKura's are so cool. T^T

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: "scyper15"
Quote from: "gmontem"Those purikuras are going to smell of fanboy funk in no time.

Oh shit. You're right. D: But but but... PuriKura's are so cool. T^T
D:

Kazuko! We're hitting them early once they implement them! Before the fanboy funk...
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Tony

Good idea!

Step 1: Do a little research.
Step 2: Start a pool with the staff - how many naughty couples will Rovers catch?
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Tony"Good idea!

Step 1: Do a little research.
Step 2: Start a pool with the staff - how many naughty couples will Rovers catch?
Step 3: ?????
Step 4: PROFIT!

I'm sorry.
epic progressive

vox

zoupzuop2

Fanimaids with febreeze FTW.
More proof that we need TEAMS of fanimaids, not just Minagi-Chan.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Nina Star 9

heh. in comes musii to burst kazi-chan's bubble~~ :D:D:D

sorry about that. ._.

i have heard this sugesstion before, not sure where. maybe cosplay.com? the main issue with having such booths at cons is time. you can spend a very long time in one of those booths, and even if they limit the time to only a few minutes, think of how long you will be waiting, even if there is  a fairly short line of only 5-6 people ahead of you. plus, there would probably be really high demand for the things, so prepare for very long lines. and even if time was limited to only a couple minutes per person, then there will be probably quite a few angry people who got harassed for staying too long, people that refuse to leave, and people that do not get enough time, especially if they have difficult costumes.

besides, the things are huge and would take a lot to get them in and out, though DDR machines are not too easy, either. :P (and yes, i have helped take down a DDR machine before. :P) besides, where are you going to find a supplier of the booths?

plus, there would have to be constant monitoring of them, as there would be lots of vandalism and as tony said, naughty couples, even naughty single people.

i think it would only work if very stripped-down, smaller versions were brought in, as the larger ones with lots of features are going ot have a lot of people spending a lot of time in them.

though it does sound very fun. <3

(heehee. kazi-chan needs to take lessons from me on how to make evil plans. ^.~)

lolitadesu

I really like this idea! I would definitely love to take purikura!

uzutake

This would be so much fun! Way better then an average photobooth! But as some users have already posted, there're many downfalls to this idea. TTATT

I wonder if it'll ever happen...we all hope.

Emerge

solution: pine tree air fresheners. i'm brilliant.

if this thing does end up coming, i wonder how long it'll take for those sticker sheets to be bye-bye...

Mango Bunny

Best idea EVEEEEEEER.

I would die and use it ten thousand times. Well, not in tht order maybe. But you get the idea.

I love purikura. I've only done it 4 times though. I WANT MORE. (Fill my walls with it?)

Seriously though, it would be great if it could work.

Kazuko

O: yeah, based on what i read so far it would be freeking sweet if it could work but i thought of suggestions incase things go bad x:

x: well the curtains in the purikura booths arent so large, the main one when you enter..its tiny so rovers can see whats going on (belive me XD people saw the funny faces my friends and I made in japantown)

x: also i guess you can have like two for starters and then see how it goes from there

Minagi-chan

Ah!  Purikura Fanime would be such a great idea!
<3 Miss Coquine <3
We slip and slide as we fall in love and I just can't seem to get enough.

Niaro

There should be a Purikura from a supplier that does the basics: Take a certain set of good photos, give frame... I'm not so sure about stickers or writing though. I've waited 3 hours for my crazy cousin and her friend to gtfo the purikura shop. I honestly do not want to have another experience like that.

LadyKaren

Quote from: Niaro on December 17, 2007, 12:43:25 PM
There should be a Purikura from a supplier that does the basics: Take a certain set of good photos, give frame... I'm not so sure about stickers or writing though. I've waited 3 hours for my crazy cousin and her friend to gtfo the purikura shop. I honestly do not want to have another experience like that.

:P Thread Necro.