Purikura at fanime :3!

Started by Kazuko, June 18, 2006, 11:52:23 PM

Super Sheba

I can't wait.  Thanks for bringing this to fruition.  I will be taking purikura with my friends I'm going to the con with, and maybe some people I'm going to meet at con. :3

puyo_pop

Quote from: ewu on April 28, 2009, 03:10:22 PM
Repost:)

Quote from: mellypants

I come bearing good news!
I'm posting for my forum-phobic friend who works at PikaPika, the purikura place, in San Francisco's Japantown.

This year PikaPika will be at Fanime in the Artist Alley for your purikura enjoyment! They'll be bringing two machines, Fuvi and a new machine Himeryu. Some things to note:
- There will be a PikaPika employee present at all times. They'll be able to help you work the machines, so don't be afraid if you've never used one before or can't read japanese.
- The machines DO have basic english instructions as well.
- No food or drink in the machines please.
- Bring plenty of dollar bills.
- The machines will be there Saturday and Sunday for sure, details are still being worked out for the other days, I'll get back to you all when information is available.

If you have any questions, let me know and I'll pass them on to my friend to be answered as soon as possible.

coooooool!!
but how are they gonna regulate it?  is there gonna be a line and time limit?  the last time i was at pikapika and my friends and i did purikura we sat and decorate the pix for nearly half an hour.  but i doubt we'd be able to do that at fanime unless there's like nobody there

JTchinoy

If they leave it how it normally is, it's unlimited time until someone else puts their money in the machine.  I think then you're put on a 10 minute timer.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Yukari Kaiba

I just want to say how awesome it was that Purikura finally made it to Fanime this year - my friends and I had so much fun doing the photos in our costumes. We loved the new machine (so many fun backrounds and stamps to choose from!). My friends and I are actually hanging out in Japantown this friday before one heads back down to SoCal for the summer, so we're excited to play with the new machine again (and the guy actually told us they're getting another new machine on wednesday). So glad to hear that they plan on coming back again next year!
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

fma4theworld

Ohayo minnasan~

i didn't go the the purikura booths cause i heard they were really expensive! i heard they were like 10$ for a picture, i know i can get like 6$ in the mall! can you guys make them cheaper next year?

bebop

I went in there. There were two of them, one was $7 and the other was $10. My friend and I went for the $10 because we heard it had better stuff.

It was pretty cool. I liked all the backgrounds and the effects that the PURIKURA had. Amazing technology it has. I was impressed. I really was.
Awakening to otaku inside. ^-^

Haruka

Purikura must come back next year!  It was great being able to get 8 people into a sticker photo!  Must have more!
Join me at Ani-Jam 2011 in Fresno, CA.  August 20-21

lyricaldanichan

That is how much it usually cost for those machines. The price wasn't raised. Which mall has this? I heard Valco/Cupertino Square had them and they were apparently expensive too.

This is pretty cool that we had it this year, hope they come back again!

Quote from: fma4theworld on May 27, 2009, 09:34:05 PM
Ohayo minnasan~

i didn't go the the purikura booths cause i heard they were really expensive! i heard they were like 10$ for a picture, i know i can get like 6$ in the mall! can you guys make them cheaper next year?

extensiveillusion

That's not expensive. It's worth it in my opinion. I'm going in one of those again next year also.
Awakening the inner otaku :)