Former AMV Winners and Other Classics

Started by Tuplica, June 20, 2006, 08:36:07 PM

Tuplica

I think it would be great if the con could arrange a screening next year of the winners of prior AMV contests at Fanime.  There's a ton of really incredible vids that have won at the contest, and seeing the little snippits of them at the Finals was so much fun!  Most can be downloaded (if not all) but it's not the same thing as seeing them on the bigscreen.  I know a few venues at the con were playing random vids, including some of the winners, but it'd be cool if we could get a centralized screening.
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

azumangaoji

I like the idea.  I love some of the older winners.. and I happened to miss out on a few of the AMV winners of this year too, so it'd be cool to see them again.

Ignorance is anguish.
   Knowledge is bliss.

FanFicGuru

Awesome Idea!

That would be cool, have like a 1-2 hour block for the top winners in each category starting with like, 2001 or something. That would be really cool. Plus throw in some honorable mention clips...

Since the AMV contest is one of the biggest events, I can totally see that being successful. We'll see what Staff says.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

scottanime

I'll throw this idea out here jsut to see what everyone thinks.  There was  a plan that was set into motion, but never finalized, that would have a Super AMV contest every few years.  This Contest would only have have winners of past years contests.  Since we had both a judges and viewers choice winner in each category, after 3 years, we would have 6 entries per category which is pretty close to a regular full event.  Has a nice nestalgia feel to an event, but still has a bit of interactive attendee fun as well.

Just a thought
Scott "Anime" Peterson

AMV Coordinator Fanime Con 2006