Shonen-ai Marathon

Started by uzutake, June 25, 2006, 08:24:22 PM

uzutake

I dont know if that's possible because 2 guys kissing and everything that is below sex might still be rated R becasue of homosexuality...

But some of the anime that were showing during the Yaoi marathon were so not rated NC-17 or R or M or w/e. Gakuen Heaven, Gravitation and Loveless...seriously. Gakuen Heaven would be rated PG and Loveless would be BARELY PG13.(due to shotacon content I guess) Same with Gravitation...they even blank out during the sex scenes! (exception of the OVAs...)

Probably 2 marathons...one yaoi...and another shonen-ai I guess?

I'm just wondering if it would be possible...if there's anything wrong with this...gomen; my excuse is that the schedules were hard to read and I barely understood anything on it. >.>...

EDIT::
Okay...I changed the subject to a Shonen-ai marathon instead of a confusing PG-13 Yaoi one O_O.

This way people younger then 17/18 can watch the same shows shown during the Yaoi marathon that didnt really belong there.

I hope I make sense X.X

topnotch97

so let me try to understand what you're saying. you want to lower the rating for the yaoi marathons from 18 to pg-13? am I right?  :shock:

hmmmm...... it's like asking Adult Swim to show these titles on their programming block.  :wink:
Retired from Fanime.
Thinking of coming back. :D

Nina Star 9

Quote from: "topnotch97"so let me try to understand what you're saying. you want to lower the rating for the yaoi marathons from 18 to pg-13? am I right?  :shock:

hmmmm...... it's like asking Adult Swim to show these titles on their programming block.  :wink:
no, they are asking to have two seperate things: an 18+ yaoi, and a PG-13 yaoi.

topnotch97

oh you mean another room?!  :shock:

wow. i'm gonna see three lines now?!? LOL
Retired from Fanime.
Thinking of coming back. :D

Spiritsnare

...but it's not yaoi if it's PG-13...^^;

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they have a shounen-ai marathon of some sort?
epic progressive

vox

uzutake

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"...but it's not yaoi if it's PG-13...^^;

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they have a shounen-ai marathon of some sort?

Probably, but I remember you still had to show an ID if you were 18+

animeangelfish

Quote from: "uzutake"
Quote from: "Spiritsnare"...but it's not yaoi if it's PG-13...^^;

Probably, but I remember you still had to show an ID if you were 18+

that is a valid point.  and this topic is one even I feel needs to be addressed.

Yaoi and Shonen-ai are two different things. One carries content not suitable for minors (such as those things as harcore as the last volume of FAKE) while others contain no sex scenes.
such as Gravitation, FAKE the movie (no sex folks to my knowledge), Loveless,

now such shows as Sukisho, that would be one I coudl see being under the 18+ nights.

I know there's a lack of room for two showings, but to be fair..a daytime shonen-ai and ngihttime yaoi? don't know how that would work...

it's somethign that should be looked into however.

Cosplay 2013: Fem!Reno, River Song (Melody Malone), Hipster!Ariel
Attendee since 2005

uzutake

Quote from: "Duo"
I know there's a lack of room for two showings, but to be fair..a daytime shonen-ai and ngihttime yaoi? don't know how that would work...

Well, I was suggesting that people who are still minors(under 18 ) could go to the shonen-ai marathon. It could be at the same time.

Room for showings? I understand that...but if there were even a little chance that someone could give it a thought...

It was just a suggestion *shrugs*