Questions about Glomping/Hugging...

Started by uzutake, June 25, 2006, 08:44:49 PM

Jyunishinsho

My first glomp...
It was by a guy.
When he glomped me, he clinged onto me with everything.
I had to run him onto a light pole to get him off.
This happened at night.
Sadly, it's not by a girl.

Moogleborg

Quote from: "Jyunishinsho"My first glomp...
It was by a guy.
When he glomped me, he clinged onto me with everything.
I had to run him onto a light pole to get him off.
This happened at night.
Sadly, it's not by a girl.

Ooh, that sucked Jyun....might need to think about that in case my plans for a panel based on that gets to pick up...
Running on moé, 24/7/365.
Powered by Pokeshipping.
Enhanced by caffene.

XpHoBiaX

>_> I nearly knocked the living crap outta someone who randomly glomped me. All they did was gently glomp me and i tweaked over it. I don't mean to be that hostile...but random shit like that isn't a good idea around me. I have a tendancy to be jumpy like that and its my main reaction when I am startled. Some people are just like that, mostly due to truamatic events, reaction, or just not liking to be touched. I'm probably just one in like a bazillion people, but I don't want that hanging over my head.

I'd rather be asked to be glomped (Or given the chance to see a glomp comming for that matter), cuz that way i won't feel like shit for knocking their lights out or shoving them away.  I know asking to glomp someone wouldn't be a real glomp. But to me it still is, that and I can get some cool pics with cool strangers. It's still pretty random for me, and I do like glomping as well, but I let the person see me. Like I hold my arms out and confront them. If they don't want to be glomped, they say so or move from it.

I just thought I'd bring that up...cuz I'm like that one in a million people who have a tendancy to react by hitting or shoving. T____T I get startled way to easily...

alkaline

Oh, something I forgot to mention.

I came out of AX with a monster flu.

Anime conventions are death traps for the healthy. Random people hugging all over you is not helping anybody.

XpHoBiaX

See?
One of the main reasons I don't like to be touched. GERMS!!!!

hosoi-koe

Sometimes a glomp is really enjoyable when you expect it, but when they're unexpected, they're only enjoyable when not too much force is put into it. Glomps can be really painful, and well, make you fall flat on your face with someone else's weight ontop of you. x.x; Not fun.

Face plants make Jun really sad. ;-;
~ Jun Watarase <3

Nina Star 9

eh.. not sure if i would have enough courage to actually tell someone that i dont want a hug or glomp, though... o-o;; *sighs* i'm hopeless. >>

alkaline

Quote from: "XpHoBiaX"See?

Seriously, I've had it. The next con I go to I'm going to binge on Airborne.

uzutake

Well, if I'm not sick, ask b4 I give a glomp/hug, and dont smell, then is it okay to glomp/hug? >.>

With the exeption of people who dont like hugging strangers and/or dont like any touching in general at all...of course...

Moogleborg

Quote from: "alkaline"
Quote from: "XpHoBiaX"See?

Seriously, I've had it. The next con I go to I'm going to binge on Airborne.

Thats a good suggestion....besides, i've been hearing about a few people getting sick during the con, so thats practically some good advice and reason why people need to keep themselves clean...
Running on moé, 24/7/365.
Powered by Pokeshipping.
Enhanced by caffene.

XpHoBiaX

Here's another point, glomps are cool and fun
...but please NO FUNKY ASS SMELLS...>_> I'll even let you use the shower in my hotel room. BUT PLEASE spare me and others of the ass smell....

I got a hug from someone who smelled just plain ruanchy. >_< please folks, SOAP AND WATER IS NOT THE ENEMY!

Yumi-chan

I've never gotten glomped by a random person yet. o.o Only by my friends. Though I'm not too sure that I'd even want to get glomped by someone I didn't know. I probably wouldn't care that much, just be a little freaked out. ^^;

This was my first con, so I was suprised when some guy randomly poped up asking for a hug. But I did noticed that he had asked a lot of other people for a hug, so somehow it didn't freak me out as much. ^^ I'm just glad that (some)people seem to ask first, because (like alot of other people it seems) I'm picky about who I let touch/hug me. I was just like, "...ok?"

My friend didn't want a hug though, so she just shook her head and said "No thank you." I think that's a good way to say no. ^^

But yeah, I agree. I wouldn't want to be glomped by some random person who smelled. O_O -hides-

Minagi-chan

Quote from: "Yumi-chan"I've never gotten glomped by a random person yet. o.o

Dearie, you just tagreted yourself.  >.<  Run.
<3 Miss Coquine <3
We slip and slide as we fall in love and I just can't seem to get enough.

Yumi-chan

Quote from: "Minagi-chan"

O_O eeep. >>

Minagi-chan

A haiku:

Huh?  You just glomped me.
I didn't want your contact,
You have fanboy funk.
<3 Miss Coquine <3
We slip and slide as we fall in love and I just can't seem to get enough.

Karisma Black

Quote from: "Minagi-chan"A haiku:

Huh?  You just glomped me.
You have fanboy funk.

*claps*

uzutake

Quote from: "Yumi-chan"
Quote from: "Minagi-chan"

O_O eeep. >>

You're cosplaying as Emiru...and you havent been glomped yet...

Can I get a glomp next year? :3 *following all the advice given on this board* I shower daily and will try my best not to break your dress...or maybe a harmless hug? >w<

...and...uh...I'm not exactly a stranger am I? *pouts*

Quote from: "Minagi-chan"A haiku:

Huh? You just glomped me.
You have fanboy funk.

...beautiful. *clapclap* *tear*

otakuapprentice

apparently i must have some sort of anti-glomp aura surrounding me, because i have been able to remain glomp-free so far. no running glomps resulting in injuries to me, yay!
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Sucrose

On the glomp-er end of things, I tend not to go up and glomp/hug random people for...well, the reasons that people listed above for not liking to be glomped/hugged. *laugh* I wouldn't want to go up and hug somebody and end up making them mad, and it seems very rude to do it without their consent. Usually I don't want to hug people until I know them and think they're cool, anyhow (I'm one of those people who tends to do a lot of casual hugging and poking and harmless tactile stuff like playing with hair among friends)...but in the end, I usually let the other person move first, so that I can reciprocate without a danger of upsetting.

But yeah, hugging/glomping's kind of a personal thing, though I don't really mind if random people ask for hugs. ^_^ I, myself, have only actively hardcore-glomped somebody twice, and it was the same person who was trying to get, like, 1000 glomps before the end of the con or something. He was prepared for my flying leap. XD
In mammals, Sucrose is digested in the stomach, into its component sugars, by acidic hydrolysis. The Glucose and Fructose are then absorbed into the bloodstream in the small intestine. (Lactose just isn't cool enough to enter into it.)

swordman85

Well this year was my first con and I got a good amount of hugs a few glomps and a couple hard core glomps.  The hugs were ok, though I was a little uncomfortable giving them to guys who were seemingly gay.  Though I was nice and did it cause otherwise it would be hypocritical...as long as they kept their hands where I could see them...otherwise...physical violence.  The hugs were all consented to. The normal glomps where usually from people that I had met earlier to some extent and I could see them coming (for example a female Vash).  The 2 hardcore glomps were from the same girl in the same day when I was wearing my Scar cosplay.  The ferocity suprised me a little but by they second time I basically ran at her too and met halfway and spun her around...and she asked both times.  The way I see it a good portion of the huggers/glompers do it cause your dressed as a character they like so I think its kinda nice to indulge their fantasy or whatever and give them a little hug.  Oh and since I've always been in costume I never received and out of costume hug/glomp.