Questions about Glomping/Hugging...

Started by uzutake, June 25, 2006, 08:44:49 PM

Blue Impulse

or "no thanks G, I ain't that kinda cosplayer!"
0001 Registered User at Fanime 06'

Jyunishinsho

Quote from: "Tsubasa"
Quote from: "Nina Star 9"okay, random question~

if someone wanted a hug and i wanted ot turn them down, how would i go about it?
Simply say something along the lines of: "Sorry, but I wouldn't feel comfortable."

Or you can follow the saying:

"Don't look at it! Maybe it'll go away!" ^^

Blue Impulse

Quote from: "Jyunishinsho"

if someone wanted a hug and i wanted ot turn them down, how would i go about it?
Simply say something along the lines of: "Sorry, but I wouldn't feel comfortable."

That doesn't work, most people i've run into have no idea how to TAKE A F---ING HINT!
0001 Registered User at Fanime 06'

Jyunishinsho

Quote from: "Blue Impulse"

That doesn't work, most people i've run into have no idea how to TAKE A F---ING HINT!

Okay...then in this case:

" *Response removed for vulgar/grotesque content* "
Or around that.

Mango Bunny

I personally am uncomfortable with random hugging/glomping because, well, for one I am weird about strange guys (or most guys) hugging me. Secondly I met quite a few pervy guys at the con and it makes me nervous to have guys come up and ask for hugs or glomp me or something. Girls? I'd be fine giving them hugs. If they glomped me i might be scared though. I would probably end up falling or some such thing.

Barnes

Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Minagi-chan

While I'm all for free love, somehow a person I don't know coming up randomly and forcing their body near me without asking my consent seems a little rude.  The bottom line's been stated by most people in the thread; ask first.  And if they say "no, thanks, I'd rather keep to myself?"  That's all fine and dandy, just respect their preference.  : )
<3 Miss Coquine <3
We slip and slide as we fall in love and I just can't seem to get enough.

Monica

HAHAHA Like that guy that you had your back to but he kept talking, that was hilarious!

mDuo13

Quote from: "Monica"

HAHAHA Like that guy that you had your back to but he kept talking, that was hilarious!

Been there. I think it has something to do with being otaku. Wait, nevermind, there are lots of idiots who don't know when to shut up.

zoupzuop2

Ah, I remember my first glomp. A group of two girls caught me on my way out the door to head to the Diridon Station, and asked for my picture.
I took the picture, then they asked if I wanted a glomp.
Having never had one before, I consented.
Their smiles got bigger, they started from a walk, to a run, to...

*WHAM-WHAM*!!!

Do denote, I've been tackled by football players, not in the thick of a match, but in P.E.
That's NOTHING like the force of two "skwee"-ing girls. It took quite a bit of energy to not fall over.

...felt good to know I'm lurv'd, though.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

PixieCat

Quote from: "zoupzuop2"

Do denote, I've been tackled by football players, not in the thick of a match, but in P.E.
That's NOTHING like the force of two "skwee"-ing girls. It took quite a bit of energy to not fall over.

...felt good to know I'm lurv'd, though.

I feel that one. I grew up being tackled by my older brother (and my younger brother when he grew bigger than me)

But the fangirls that snuck up from behind my first Fanime? Knocked me down right off my feet. Not only was I freaked out (poor wittle con newbie I was), but now I was freaked out, in pain, and still had a strange person on top of me.

Fangirls! Be gentle! Cosplayers are fragile folk and we fall down easy.
<3 cosplaying obscure video game girls.
Next Cons:

Sac-Anime (?)
Yaoi Con

Spiritsnare

My friends are the only ones who glomp me out of nowhere.

Otherwise, people usually ask me before glomping me...^^; Note the use of 'usually'.
epic progressive

vox

Monica

No ones truly glomped me, they've just kind of ran up stopped then hugged me. So I never had the full force impact happen.  Though I kind of wish I had experienced it during my first fanime.

serajwl

I think glomping hurts XD

I've never received one (thank God) but I've given a few. I always had to ask the person if they were okay afterwards haha

As for me, I only glomp people that look like they deserve it.

Monica

Shinsengumi

I've only been glomped once this year and it was on the last day too, I usually don't mind of I do get glomped or not. just try to knock me down, since I'm pretty tall.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Mango Bunny

Quote from: "Monica"Like the tetris blocks >.<

The tetris blocks ended up in ruin....

Kazuko

Ok im pretty okay with the ocassional hugging and glomp but not hardcore glomping

but this year D: this guy kept asking for a hug so i gave him one to see if he went away. he kept comming back o___o i was scared so i said no but then he asked again

D: i wanted to kick him in the shin

Moogleborg

That, plus theres also "No thanks". Or in the case of someone having a boyfriend or girlfriend "No thanks, my boy/girlfriend wouldn't like that."

Besides, while I do like hugging and glomping people, I do mostly ask permission before doing so...besides, I find 'sneaky' glomps to be a bit rude at times...especially when it comes to most people with delicate cosplays...
Running on moé, 24/7/365.