Questions about Glomping/Hugging...

Started by uzutake, June 25, 2006, 08:44:49 PM

uzutake

Quote from: "swordman85"Well this year was my first con and I got a good amount of hugs a few glomps and a couple hard core glomps.  The hugs were ok, though I was a little uncomfortable giving them to guys who were seemingly gay.  Though I was nice and did it cause otherwise it would be hypocritical...as long as they kept their hands where I could see them...otherwise...physical violence.  The hugs were all consented to. The normal glomps where usually from people that I had met earlier to some extent and I could see them coming (for example a female Vash).  The 2 hardcore glomps were from the same girl in the same day when I was wearing my Scar cosplay.  The ferocity suprised me a little but by they second time I basically ran at her too and met halfway and spun her around...and she asked both times.  The way I see it a good portion of the huggers/glompers do it cause your dressed as a character they like so I think its kinda nice to indulge their fantasy or whatever and give them a little hug.  Oh and since I've always been in costume I never received and out of costume hug/glomp.

Oi oi oi...did the girl have glasses? And did she look around middle-schoolish?

XpHoBiaX

lol that's awesome. I wasn't cosplaying, just wearing cyber goth stuff. XD leather, pvc, fishnet, Uv radiant hairfalls, etc etc...and I was  followed
>>
<<
I loved it. XD!!!
The people that did glomp me, that didn't just "tackle dryhump" me, were awesome. I gave a out a few glomps too. lol

swordman85

Um ya actually she did fit that description.  Why was that you or one of your friends?

uzutake

Quote from: "swordman85"Um ya actually she did fit that description.  Why was that you or one of your friends?

No, that's me XDD

Yay! I've found you! And that Wrath girl you were hanging out with the Pocky signs. Now I gotta find that Vash...

Rufus Shinra

Quote from: "zoupzuop2"Ah, I remember my first glomp. A group of two girls caught me on my way out the door to head to the Diridon Station, and asked for my picture.
I took the picture, then they asked if I wanted a glomp.
Having never had one before, I consented.
Their smiles got bigger, they started from a walk, to a run, to...

*WHAM-WHAM*!!!

Do denote, I've been tackled by football players, not in the thick of a match, but in P.E.
That's NOTHING like the force of two "skwee"-ing girls. It took quite a bit of energy to not fall over.

...felt good to know I'm lurv'd, though.

I don't know about being glomped, but I was sat on, heavily! A girl asked to take my picture and I said yes and she flopped on my lap (I was in a wheelchair) hard enough that I was seriously afraid the chair would break!  :shock: Of course I had to laugh, because it was funny too and I loved the attention, but it would be better to ask if it's okay to do something like that.

XpHoBiaX

dood, I would have screamed like a five year old. And if I was a guy, I'd be wailing over my jewels...>_>

Once again, ask before glomping!

Rufus Shinra

Quote from: "XpHoBiaX"dood, I would have screamed like a five year old. And if I was a guy, I'd be wailing over my jewels...>_>

Once again, ask before glomping!

Yeah, well I don't scream though I did yell "Whoa!" lol. I'm not a guy so no jewels, luckily.

swordman85

No, that's me XDD

Yay! I've found you! And that Wrath girl you were hanging out with the Pocky signs. Now I gotta find that Vash...[/quote]

Lol, that's funny, your pretty strong for such a small thing.  And don't forget the Envy we had with us...and Haruko from FLCL.

uzutake

Oh that was an Envy? ...they're hard to tell apart >.< And I didnt watch FLCL back then X__X

Emerge

i've never been glomped. i've never even seen a glomp in person, for that matter.

not really sure how i feel about that...

Rufus Shinra

Quote from: "Emerge"i've never been glomped. i've never even seen a glomp in person, for that matter.

not really sure how i feel about that...

Well, if what I saw was the standard glomp it went like this. The glomper got in the tackle position like in football, then charged full speed and threw himself onto the glompee with all the force he could muster, trying to knock that person over. It was quite a sight, I can tell you! lol I know I wouldn't be able to stand up under that, so glomping's out for me. In my case the glomper was a guy I've heard is called Jordan. Here's a picture of him. He was great!

Yumi-chan

Quote from: "Yumi-chan"
Quote from: "Minagi-chan"
Quote from: "Yumi-chan"I've never gotten glomped by a random person yet. o.o

Dearie, you just tagreted yourself.  >.<  Run.

O_O eeep. >>

You're cosplaying as Emiru...and you havent been glomped yet...

Can I get a glomp next year? :3 *following all the advice given on this board* I shower daily and will try my best not to break your dress...or maybe a harmless hug? >w<

...and...uh...I'm not exactly a stranger am I? *pouts*
quote]

Aww X3 Yesh, yesh you can. ^^

(( *took awhile to respond* ))

uzutake

Quote from: "Minagi-chan"
Quote from: "Yumi-chan"I've never gotten glomped by a random person yet. o.o

Dearie, you just tagreted yourself.  >.<  Run.

O_O eeep. >>

You're cosplaying as Emiru...and you havent been glomped yet...

Can I get a glomp next year? :3 *following all the advice given on this board* I shower daily and will try my best not to break your dress...or maybe a harmless hug? >w<

...and...uh...I'm not exactly a stranger am I? *pouts*
quote]

Aww X3 Yesh, yesh you can. ^^

(( *took awhile to respond* ))

Yay! :D!

swordman85

hehheh  I met him to...he threatened to glomp me till my back broke, but luckily he didn't see me when I was in the particular costume he liked.  Hes a pretty good guy though.

Rufus Shinra

Quote from: "swordman85"hehheh  I met him to...he threatened to glomp me till my back broke, but luckily he didn't see me when I was in the particular costume he liked.  Hes a pretty good guy though.

What was he wearing? I heard he had several costumes??? I only saw him in these two outfits. Loved the eyes. Don't think they came out well in my photo but they were yellow with black rings around them. Kawaii!!

swordman85

I'm not really sure...I think I only saw him in that one goth-like outfit

BP!

There was only one time that I almost got glomped. It was just as Fanime '05 ended. I was waiting for my dad to come and get me, this all happened outside the convention center by the way. Anyways, as I was waiting, all of a sudden, I see somebody running at me, trying to glomp me. Luckily, I was standing next to one of those things that you can sit on near where all the cars come. As the person ran, I quickly got up onto the one nearest me, and the glomper missed. I don't know why she wanted to glomp me.

That's the thing that I'll always remember about my 1st Fanime. I wasn't even targeted for a glomping this year, so that's good. I also have a feeling that I won't be glomped by fangirls/boys due to the fact that I won't be cosplaying as anyone specific at Fanime '07. I might not even cosplay this coming year at all, but that all depends on multiple factors that I can't take into account right now.
Cooking is a gift from the gods, spices are a gift from the devil...looks like it was a little too spicy for you. -Sanji

Rufus Shinra

Quote from: "BP!"There was only one time that I almost got glomped. It was just as Fanime '05 ended. I was waiting for my dad to come and get me, this all happened outside the convention center by the way. Anyways, as I was waiting, all of a sudden, I see somebody running at me, trying to glomp me. Luckily, I was standing next to one of those things that you can sit on near where all the cars come. As the person ran, I quickly got up onto the one nearest me, and the glomper missed. I don't know why she wanted to glomp me.

That's the thing that I'll always remember about my 1st Fanime. I wasn't even targeted for a glomping this year, so that's good. I also have a feeling that I won't be glomped by fangirls/boys due to the fact that I won't be cosplaying as anyone specific at Fanime '07. I might not even cosplay this coming year at all, but that all depends on multiple factors that I can't take into account right now.

Well, I'm definitely going to keep cosplaying, but I think the costumes I choose aren't that glompable, if you know what I mean, and I won't wear a sign asking for any either! As Rufus Shinra in a wheelchair it sort of makes it hard to get glomped too. ^-^

Rufus Shinra

Quote from: "swordman85"I'm not really sure...I think I only saw him in that one goth-like outfit

Do you know any info on this guy, Jordan? Or any other photos of him? I'd like to see him in a goth outfit or any others he's been in. He was kinda weird but fun to be with and I wouldn't mind sending him a quick post or email.

swordman85

Sadly no, I don't have any info or pics of him.  I would actually like to drop him a line too but sorry I can't help you.