Calling all San Jose High School Anime Clubs...

Started by damatte, June 26, 2006, 03:16:35 PM

EdOfNoName

If you ever wanted to do an activity with all the San Jose High School anime clubs, you might  want to see if you could get any help from the San Jose City Librarian who does anime and manga things. If you haven't met her (she attended Fanime2k5, I'm not sure if she was there this year), I can put you in touch. I don't know if your schools all have at least one teacher who's into anime or manga, but if not, at least in the Bay Area, most of libraries seem to have at least one teen/youth/young adult librarian who is.

damatte

Librarian? I haven't thought of that...can you give me her/his contact info? It seems like a great idea, I never talk to the librarians so I never know if they're into anime or not, I'll see if my friends know anyone.

Same goes for teachers, the club adviser just thinks anime's funny, but not really into it.

uzutake

Wasnt there one of the Guest of Honors at '06 a librarian that was totally into anime/Japanese stuff? Gilas Portrias? Something like that? He's pretty popular around the Bay too

damatte

I have no clue...all I every do at Fanime is go to Dealer's Room and go watch some anime/asian movies in the Video Programming rooms, lol. That's all I ever come for :D

IamTetsuo

Who cares about high school!?  How about some central Cali College anime clubs!  I'm a member of the UC Santa Cruz "Slug Anime and Manga Association" (SAMA)
Anyone affiliated with Anime clubs at some other colleges (San Jose State, Stanford, Cabrillo, etc.)?

damatte

Thta's nice -_- But I'm in high school, and it'd be nice to get kids my age. I can't help it if I'm older -_-;;

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "IamTetsuo"Who cares about high school!?  How about some central Cali College anime clubs!

Uh, yeah, that's pretty much the equivalent of hijacking a thread with "screw you, it's all about us"...-_-; The title of the thread says calling all high school clubs for a reason.
epic progressive

vox

damatte

True...but I didn't wanna yell, might get kicked out of the forum for that, most forums forbid that kind of thing, so yeahhh...but we're also accepting middle schools too, even though it wasn't the plan, we still have Ocala Middle School hookin' up with us.

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "damatte"True...but I didn't wanna yell, might get kicked out of the forum for that, most forums forbid that kind of thing, so yeahhh...

Fortunately for me, I usually prefer to point out when people are out of line. It's the same as someone interrupting one's conversation in real life with a (albeit lightly) rude comment; same goes for the metaphor of fighting back.
epic progressive

vox

damatte

True, hahah, I remember I got pissed on this one forum and started cussing, lol. I was thinking about the club competition thing, and like...I was thinking of doubling it as a potluck and stuff...have other contests seperate from the club compeition, and stuff. But to pull it off we need help from a bunch of schools and like money....-_-;;; Gonna have to fundraise like crazy to pull something like this off, hahah, the secretary's already started, she's trying to get some Jose Valdes Math Institute kids to sell candy to their classmates, hahaha.

Spiritsnare

Fundraising isn't terribly difficult. ^^; Costco is love.

I have an idea; perhaps I can test my Cosplay Capture the Flag event as an inter-school competition. I'll have to forward this to my president for review, but I'll let you know if it's affirmative.
epic progressive

vox

damatte

Yes, we have discovered the wonderful world of Costco loonnnggg ago, lol, it happens when you're in a viet family, lol. We actually get most or fundraising stuff from Costco, lol. Our secretary's getting the fundraising candy tomorrow from Costo as a matter of fact, lol. Oooohh....for the whole club affiliation thing, we should have a thing for officers to trade off ideas! :D

Cosplay Capture the Flag? Sounds intresting, but that's 'cause I'm into sports, lol. Do you have to be in cosplay to participate? My club member's aren't really into cosplay, they're lazy I think, lol. Haven't seen a single cosplayer from our school, hahah.

IamTetsuo

:oops:  Sorry about that, forgot to think before clicking submit...

I'll go start my own thread...

damatte

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "IamTetsuo":oops:  Sorry about that, forgot to think before clicking submit...

So long as you realize that, it's all good. :D
epic progressive

vox

Bboy:Shion

well i am from silver creek highskool i think its possible if i talk to the aniem club president there im pretty sure she would liek to, and even yerba buena highskool too

damatte

Ohhh..cool, when you get more info, just contact me, like when the club presidents want more info and such.

Lex

Quote from: "Bboy:Shion"well i am from silver creek highskool i think its possible if i talk to the aniem club president there im pretty sure she would liek to, and even yerba buena highskool too

Ah I'm glad to hear that the Silver Creek anime club is still up and running ^^ I was Vice pres. during my Senior year. GO class of 2002!!