Cosplay Capture The Flag 2007

Started by Spiritsnare, June 26, 2006, 10:31:13 PM

If such an event would be okay to do, would you support it?

I'd hit it
47 (97.9%)
Meh
1 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Voting closed: June 26, 2006, 10:42:40 PM

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"I'd prefer to think that the players would have the ability to act in a mature manner when deciding whether or not one has been tagged.
true. but its fanime...not everyone there acts in mature manner, but i suppose that would be the best way to play the game, nonetheless.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

zoupzuop2

I voted for the first option twice.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

ININ

Quote from: "Monica"This sounds like a brilliant idea. I would see it being a lot more fun through the convention center but due to the fact that they yelled at me for running 5 feet to glomp someone I don't think they would let it slide. A round MGS style would be cool though. Having to sneak around and like hide in mobs that are walking. I'm even going as a box so I'd have some extra fun with that. Though I would be worried about some of my cosplays.... I could see white getting really dirty in the fields and other stuff ripping. So possibly have flags like flag football to prevent injuries to people and cosplays?

I like the idea using flags from flag football.  Helps avoid arguments on who got who first  :)   Somebody is probably selling used flags on eBay.

otakuapprentice

brilliant! i second that idea.

Spiritsnare

I third that idea as well.

A pack of a dozen belts+flags is about 20-30 bucks, depending on your source...
epic progressive

vox

otakuapprentice

now who is going to be brave enough and whip out the money to buy that stuff?

DJpNoiEcLipSe

I'm so down with this, I'll join this lolz.
what is is.. it's just what it is....
just go with it.  
                                   -WaLLy aKa DJpNoiEcLipSe

Barnes

Should I cosplay as an actual flag, for the game?

*Someone yells "Capture Barnes!"*
AAH!
Run flag, Run!
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

ININ

My thinking is a few people buys flags and all participants pay for their flag.  Everyone keeps their flags as a Fanime '07 Capture The Flag souvenir.  Cost should be around a couple of bucks.

Yes, I volunteer to buy some flags ^_^

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "ININ"My thinking is a few people buys flags and all participants pay for their flag.  Everyone keeps their flags as a Fanime '07 Capture The Flag souvenir.  Cost should be around a couple of bucks.

hey, thats not a bad idea!

Monica

Ya pay like an entrance fee. I'm down with that, also get like sharpies to right down Fanime 07 on all the flags or something.

Nick D.

ok i dunno if someone addressed thia already and i missed ti ro what.

but in capture the flag you can remove people from the game both permanantly or temporarily.  In paintball for example, you shoot them, at school you tag them, at Fanime you....hell i dunno, throw pocky spears at them (addressing an earlier postee's "Pocky-related Fatalities" concerns ^_~

And secondly (and it goes with concern number one) what about armed characters, for example, i play wolfwood, its hard to run while carrying a 95lb wooden cross-punisher.  and the second costume, an Imperial Guardsman wear tons of real iron body armor so i will be slow, but both those character's carry weaponry, (and this may apply to other persons as well) weaponry that kinda makes them who thew are, do we leave it out of the game (which makes total sense (avoid non-pocky-related fatalities)) or use them to our advantage somehow, i some non-violent way of course?

someone lemme know cus im curriouse how the "tagging out" aspect of this CTF game will work.  regardless of my concerns, count me in, esspecially if possible death by pocky is involved, that sort of death im all for.

SweetNiar

well its a bit simple when you put your mind to it.....wear something you know will work with playing capture the flag.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "Nick D."ok i dunno if someone addressed thia already and i missed ti ro what.

but in capture the flag you can remove people from the game both permanantly or temporarily.  In paintball for example, you shoot them, at school you tag them, at Fanime you....hell i dunno, throw pocky spears at them (addressing an earlier postee's "Pocky-related Fatalities" concerns ^_~

And secondly (and it goes with concern number one) what about armed characters, for example, i play wolfwood, its hard to run while carrying a 95lb wooden cross-punisher.  and the second costume, an Imperial Guardsman wear tons of real iron body armor so i will be slow, but both those character's carry weaponry, (and this may apply to other persons as well) weaponry that kinda makes them who thew are, do we leave it out of the game (which makes total sense (avoid non-pocky-related fatalities)) or use them to our advantage somehow, i some non-violent way of course?

someone lemme know cus im curriouse how the "tagging out" aspect of this CTF game will work.  regardless of my concerns, count me in, esspecially if possible death by pocky is involved, that sort of death im all for.
this was already addressed by ININ's post, shown below:
Quote from: "ININ"My thinking is a few people buys flags and all participants pay for their flag. Everyone keeps their flags as a Fanime '07 Capture The Flag souvenir. Cost should be around a couple of bucks.

i belive the way it is going to be done (if it gets the ok first by fanime staff), is that each player will be wearing those things they use in flag football around their waist. a player from the opposing team has to yank yours off, therefore "killing" you in that round. once one team wins, each team would start over fresh, and by that i mean with a full cast of players, in the next round.

with regards to weaponry/armed characters, you will not be required to carry your weapon/prop since it would be a b----- to carry and run around with it. just set it off to the side; if you want to carry it around, be my guest but it only hinders you more, plus we would already know the character you would be cosplaying as, and if we dont recognize the character then just let us know so that we remember it.

ININ

I did some browsing on eBay and I searched Flag Football just to get an idea on the cost.  There is one seller selling 72 flags for $35 plus $14 shipping for a total of $49.  If 25 people participate and pay $2.00, then CTF is a go :]

http://cgi.ebay.com/72-FLAG-FOOTBALL-FLAGS-BELTS-SET-GO-Seattle-Seahawks_W0QQitemZ120015875558QQihZ002QQcategoryZ2024QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here is 28 flags for $23.00 including shipping.  Cost is less than $1.00 per person $-)

http://cgi.ebay.com/28-FLAG-FOOTBALL-FLAGS-W-BELTs-NFL-NCAA-SET-GO-NY-JETS_W0QQitemZ120016561780QQihZ002QQcategoryZ21224QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Chibblz

Oh d00d. Leetness. XP

I wanna play.... =O

ranma12

Quote from: "zoupzuop2"I'm all for it! Just remember some of the forgotten animes, okay? Some people forget that we Ranma fans are still around.
i agree us ranma fans ^_^

Barnes

Will there be a pot of gold underneath the flag?
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Chloe

LOL.  Well, what if you guys just get a.... SOS-BRIGADE armband? Acting as a perfect flag you can wear, LOL.  :DDDDD
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

Cizupi