Cosplay Capture The Flag 2007

Started by Spiritsnare, June 26, 2006, 10:31:13 PM

If such an event would be okay to do, would you support it?

I'd hit it
47 (97.9%)
Meh
1 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Voting closed: June 26, 2006, 10:42:40 PM

Spiritsnare

The title says it all: perhaps we can organize one or more Cosplay Capture the Flag games.

I have several ideas concerning this:
  • There are two sides to the convention: a Hilton side and a Mariott side.
  • Both sides have infodesk booths to monitor the flag status, and can thus walkie-talkie the information over to Stage Zero, who can do a play-by-play recap to those passing by/those observing.
  • The pillars of the convention hall can be used as cover, thus making for an exciting game.
  • Optionally, teams can also be themed.
Any suggestions and/or objections? I think it'd be pretty fun.
epic progressive

vox

otakuapprentice

dont have any suggestions right now, but count me in for now...
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

zoupzuop2

I'm all for it! Just remember some of the forgotten animes, okay? Some people forget that we Ranma fans are still around.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Barnes

I need to practice my running. Wait a minute, will running be allowed?
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Spiritsnare

Ideally, it would, because you'd be using all of your power to get the flag to your base, as opposed to walking. That, and there's no way of strictly enforcing the no-running rule, if it were to come to that.
epic progressive

vox

uzutake

How do you play Capture the Flag? The way you explained it is weird O_o(or is that not an explanation? =_=U)

At my school, there're 3 batons on each side of the field and the closest is worth 1 point, middle is worth 2, and farthest away is 3 points and resets the game(everyone in jail is free and everyone goes back to their respective spots). And if you get tagged on the opposite side, you're in jail.

Is that the one you're talking about? If it is, then I am totally in...now I gotta actually cosplay...

There're gonna be a lot of cosplayers there from a lot of different games/anime and we only have about 5 days of the convention at MAX.(including Thursday) Probably the themed teams could be:

The usual and most obvious...

Heros VS Villians

That'll be fun...Cloud VS Sephiroth in a game of Capture the Flag...*roflmfao*

But there'll be a problem, what if their costume is bulky? They want to show it off but what if they also want to play the game...? And can weapons be used? *cough* kunaitothrowatopponents *cough* :P

DayDreamerNessa

i don't know if it'd be allowed inside the convention center, just for the simple fact that what if thoings become out of hand etc~ that sounds like fun though =X!
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

Blue Impulse

I can see 2 things going wrong already.

1. Hyper-Active cosplayers -RUNNING-
           2. Hyper-Active cosplayers -RUNNING- through a crowded convention center.
0001 Registered User at Fanime 06'

Barnes

What about playing in Plaza de Caesar Chavez? (That park in front of the Fairmont).
Yay, Haruko.

Spiritsnare

Barnes: That would be a wonderful idea -- it doesn't have to be in the convention center. Alternatively, we could use the Discovery Meadow (although the field there cannot be divided into two congruent parts, making organization a bit harder).

Uzutake: The list of things in my initial post were ideas, as I assume most people know how to play CTF with the jail variant.  I personally like to use one flag per team, as both teams can totally focus on getting the flag/defending the flag, as opposed to distributing their attention to more than one target. It makes for a game that's much more intense.

That, and we don't have to have themed teams. ^^; Since some people may be cosplaying from a series that's rather under-represented or oldschool (say, Slayers), I'd like for them not to get left out when we suddenly have this Bleach vs. Naruto fight.

And I'd prefer weaponless CTF, for safety's sake. If you really want weapons, play an FPS instead.
epic progressive

vox

zoupzuop2

Maybe the themes could be more general.
"Girls go!" (By current, non-cosplay identity)
"Boys go!" (Same thing)
"Cosplayers in Red/{insert color here} go!"
"Ages 15-20 go!"

It'd be far less exclusive.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Jyunishinsho

Only main concerns:

Area needed for the event
Cosplays that may be ruined due to pulling/running/etc.
Injuries
Pocky-related fatalities

Just to list...^^

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Jyunishinsho"Pocky-related fatalities

Now you've got me thinking: Capture The Box Of Giant Pocky...
epic progressive

vox

ININ

Count me in.  *Mental note*  Another reason to get a hotel for 2007.

D_Hime

uzutake

Quote from: "ININ"Count me in.  *Mental note*  Another reason to get a hotel for 2007.

Wait, you need a hotel?

Spiritsnare

I have no idea what he refers to...^^; When I meant Mariott v. Hilton, I mean just sides, not actual I'm-staying-in-the-hotel teams...^^;

Unless he's talking about playing in the night, when close to no one is in the convention center.
epic progressive

vox

zoupzuop2

At least HE doesn't have to rely on the bus system to get home and back... *grumbles about FC'06 and lacking money for a hotel*

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"I have no idea what he refers to...^^; When I meant Mariott v. Hilton, I mean just sides, not actual I'm-staying-in-the-hotel teams...^^;

Unless he's talking about playing in the night, when close to no one is in the convention center.
hmmm...actually thats not a bad idea. if we do this in the nighttime there would be less of a problem of accidentaly running into people and there would be alot more open space.

that, and if you wanted to cheat, you could run with the enemy's flag into the hentai room, forcing someone over 18 to go in and catch you.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Barnes

Yaoi room for extra effect 0_o
I also think Discovery Meadow would be good too.
Yay, Haruko.