looking for a dealer

Started by Devi 1313, June 30, 2006, 11:20:48 PM

Devi 1313

I'm looking for the dealer with all the chinese dresses. They were in the back row, somewhere in the middle. I think it was 2 boothes squished together, like a clothing store and a comic store in one booth, but I'm not sure. Anyways, I'm not sure of the name and I wanted to find their site so I could buy a new dress, the one they sold me was too small  :x  They reeeeally could've used a fitting room, hopefully next year.
Fanime 2023:
Wario
Eda Clawthorne Season 1 & 2
Reagan Ridley

https://www.facebook.com/Devi1313

Jelly Soup

I don't know if a fitting room would really be appropriate in a room full of horny teenage fanboys.

Ayanami Rei First Child

I'm sure that they could set up something. Besides, I saw a guy in one of those dresses, so the same could be said for some women as well. I bet if they got one at a back corner they could probably arrange something....

Jelly Soup

Quote from: "Ayanami Rei First Child"Besides, I saw a guy in one of those dresses, so the same could be said for some women as well.

I don't understand how that's relevant. Was this guy trying on a product?

Ayanami Rei First Child

The point that person was trying to make was that you wouldn't have to worry about JUST horny guys trying to look at half naked girls.....but horny girls trying to look at half naked guys.

I think somewhere online I saw a sizing chart for those chinese dresses...like on e-bay...

Jelly Soup

Quote from: "Ayanami Rei First Child"The point that person was trying to make was that you wouldn't have to worry about JUST horny guys trying to look at half naked girls.....but horny girls trying to look at half naked guys.

So we are in agreement that a fitting room is a bad idea?

SuperKawaiiNeko

I dont see why. You could just put up a curtain on metal rods. Sure, some particularly stupid individual could try to barge in there or stick a hand in or something, but its not like we're suggesting leaving it out in the middle of the walkway unattended. Saying that there shouldnt be a sectioned off fitting area because some idiot MIGHT do something stupid is like saying that dealers shouldnt display their product because someone MIGHT shoplift.

I was under the impression that that's why we have rovers and security.
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

Jelly Soup

Quote from: "SuperKawaiiNeko"Saying that there shouldnt be a sectioned off fitting area because some idiot MIGHT do something stupid is like saying that dealers shouldnt display their product because someone MIGHT shoplift.

Which is also like saying that there should be rules in place about swords because some idiot MIGHT do something stupid. Oh, wait, there ARE rules in place to govern the stupid.

Jokes aside, you're not seeing my point. You need to see it from a legal standpoint. Sure, a fitting room of some kind makes sense, I agree. However, let's just say that some fool tries to be funny. The con might take one for the team over some fool screwing around. If this is to be done, some guidelines need to be written out to lower the amount of damage a fool can do.

Moonblossom

If there's no fitting rooms, maybe ask if you could leave something of value behind (almost like a deposit) and run off to the washroom to try the dress on in a stall? I've done that before at other types of cons/faires, and fairly often the sellers are agreeable to it.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "Moonblossom"If there's no fitting rooms, maybe ask if you could leave something of value behind (almost like a deposit) and run off to the washroom to try the dress on in a stall? I've done that before at other types of cons/faires, and fairly often the sellers are agreeable to it.

Eh...

there's the off chance that the poor soul could damage the item while trying it on or en route, and then you'll have complaints from vendors who are losing products or consumers who made a mistake.

Seems like the whole thing is rather complicated. If you can't try it on over your clothes, or get a good idea for the comfort and appearance by putting it up then chances are you won't really find anything. I would say take advantage of return policies.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Jelly Soup

Honestly, a person should know his/her own size, especially seeing as most of the clothing being bought are simple t-shirts.

LadyKaren

Quote from: "Jelly Soup"Honestly, a person should know his/her own size, especially seeing as most of the clothing being bought are simple t-shirts.

Since they were talking about Chinese Dresses, and since Chinese Sizes fit differently than american sizes, you're suggestion to "know your size" doesn't work. Least for girls anyways.

Moonblossom

Quote from: "LadyKaren"
Quote from: "Jelly Soup"Honestly, a person should know his/her own size, especially seeing as most of the clothing being bought are simple t-shirts.

Since they were talking about Chinese Dresses, and since Chinese Sizes fit differently than american sizes, you're suggestion to "know your size" doesn't work. Least for girls anyways.

Guh, definitely. I've got a few qipao, and the sizes are so wonky. I'm tall and quite busty, but certainly not huge (by normal American sizes I usually wear a 12, or a large), and one of my dresses is a 42, one is a 48, and one is an XXXXL. Yes, four X's. Also, they tend to fit differently in the bust and hips, because they're primarily made for and by a group of people who usually tend to be less curvy than your average caucasian. They're really something that needs to be tried on, or at the very least bought way bigger than you think they should be. It's much easier to have a large dress taken in and altered by a seamstress than have a small one made bigger.

Jelly Soup

Quote from: "LadyKaren"

Then it's on the dealer (or you, if you know you'll be on the market for one) to provide a chart of some kind.

SuperKawaiiNeko

Dude, if I may? Youre drowning....get out now.

Really...youre not a chick. You just...really dont know what its like ^_^0

Head of Volunteers 2010

The-O

I believe that a fitting room should be the responsibility of the dealer, we can't have Rovers just sitting out guarding the room. Of course it would still need the approval of Fanime.
For buying clothes, I agree that customers should be able to try them on.
The-O Network Online Executive Editor
Con Reports, Photos, News, Interviews, Reviews, and more!
www.t-ono.net

Jelly Soup

Quote from: "SuperKawaiiNeko"Dude, if I may? Youre drowning....get out now.

Assuming that you're speaking to me, what exactly is your point? Being a chick or not being a chick doesn't make a difference here. There are good and bad points to a fitting room for both sexes.

SuperKawaiiNeko

Quote from: "Jelly Soup"

Assuming that you're speaking to me, what exactly is your point? Being a chick or not being a chick doesn't make a difference here. There are good and bad points to a fitting room for both sexes.

Quote from: "Jelly Soup"Then it's on the dealer (or you, if you know you'll be on the market for one) to provide a chart of some kind.

Because things dont really work that way for girls. Yes, there are good and bad points to fitting rooms for both genders, but girls have special needs when it comes to making clothes fit. It really just does NOT work that way.

Head of Volunteers 2010

Jelly Soup

Quote from: "SuperKawaiiNeko"
Quote from: "Jelly Soup"

Quote from: "Jelly Soup"Then it's on the dealer (or you, if you know you'll be on the market for one) to provide a chart of some kind.

Because things dont really work that way for girls. Yes, there are good and bad points to fitting rooms for both genders, but girls have special needs when it comes to making clothes fit. It really just does NOT work that way.

Then you're screwed, simple as that. If you can't look at a chart and approximate your own size, then............well........that's a little sad.