Arrr, We Be Pirates! Fanime 2007 Gathering

Started by BunofGovt, July 06, 2006, 06:22:48 PM

Haven't you always wanted to be a pirate?

Aye, me other self 'tis a pirate!
17 (81%)
Nay, I be a bounty hunter.
0 (0%)
Sign me up for the Navy/Marines.
1 (4.8%)
I get seasick easily.
3 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: February 01, 2007, 05:22:48 PM

BunofGovt

Ahoy all ye pirate cosplayers!  Any of you interested in a pirate gathering at Fanime 2007?

Since I expect (hope) to see the majority of pirates from One Piece I’d like to coordinate the time and place of this gathering either before or after the One Piece gathering so those cosplayers won’t have to come back at another time.  Other anime/non-anime featuring pirates?  Outlaw Star, Kyo Kara Maoh, Pirates of the Caribbean, Captain Harlock, Firefly/Serenity, Peter Pan, Tenchi Muyo GXP, Samurai Champloo (weren't those pirates?).  I know there are plenty of others out there.  

Tentative meeting place would be by the fountains out front of the convention center.  If you wish, bring your flag to hoist with your group.

I would like to limit this gathering to pirates, please.  If any members of the Navy or Marines, pirate hunters, bounty hunters, etc. show up, we will give preference in photo shoots to the pirates.  If there is time afterwards, we’ll incorporate the rest of you in photos  BUT PLEASE!  We will be on neutral territory during the gathering and a period of temporary truce will be enforced, thank you!  Anyone attempting to collect on a bounty or make an arrest will be keelhauled!

For myself, I am hoping to be Arubida pre-demon fruit (One Piece).
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Asa_Gohan

you know that pirates and ninjas are arch enemies right...well as you have seen there is a ninja clan of 27 ninjas >.<

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

Nanashi

The Official Fanime Ninja Clan (OFNC) declares WAR on you pirates. It will be the final showdown between Yin and Yar...

-King Ninja
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

BunofGovt

Arrr, ye be jealous because we have more bishies ...

That aside, there's nothing like rivalry to make things more interesting.

Nanashi

blasphemy. Nearly half of our clan could be bishounen if we so pleased, but we're too bad-ass.

Asa_Gohan

Cant wait till fanime...This should turn out to be quite interesting...
~Anonymous Ninja~

XpHoBiaX

Yush! I'll be a pirate too!! XD I've got a bad ass pirate costume slowly being made as well. XD!
I am more of a historical pirate fanatic...and I do have a real sick pirate flag too...gotta get a pic up of that. ^_^

Karisma Black

I'm so there. I shall be dressed up quite piratey.

ARR!

Kiba

Well now...here's something that looks quite like something I'd actually end up doing. xD That is, if random pirates from Pirates of the Carribean count. ^^' Too bad I'd be wanting to dress up as a ninja around the same time. Am I a blashemy to myself? XP
Not funny...:(

SweetNiar

lol!! I was waiting for a thread like this to pop up XD  I cant wait to see the turn out and of course the Pirate vs. Ninja battle.......TO THE DEATH!! MWAHAHAHAHA! :twisted:

hellangel

the ninja and pirate gatherings should be at the same time so each group can do their group huddles and photos and whatnot and then...

FIGHT! =D
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

BunofGovt

Quote from: "hellangel"the ninja and pirate gatherings should be at the same time so each group can do their group huddles and photos and whatnot and then...

FIGHT! =D

Excellent idea!  Wait, I would rather avoid bloodshed ...  Bweh heh heh heh …..

Quote from: "Kiba"Well now...here's something that looks quite like something I'd actually end up doing. xD That is, if random pirates from Pirates of the Carribean count. ^^' Too bad I'd be wanting to dress up as a ninja around the same time. Am I a blashemy to myself? XP

heh heh if you could do a split costume â€" half pirate/half ninja â€" and yes, we’d be accepting Pirates of the Carribean pirates.  You might have a problem fighting yourself, tho ...

By the way, I’ve been told of two other anime featuring pirates: Mars Daybreak and Elemental Gelade, for anyone who's interested.

mDuo13

Quote from: "BunofGovt"By the way, I’ve been told of two other anime featuring pirates: Mars Daybreak and Elemental Gelade, for anyone who's interested.
Elemental Gelade (formerly "Erementar Gerad") isn't really much on pirates. Yes, technically the main character is/was an air pirate, but after one or two episodes the amount of pirating is absolutely nil. It becomes more of a traditional adventure series after that, cliché but fun, and the soundtrack is hot stuff.

Barnes

I should go as one of the chests from Pirates of The Caribbean (Aztec Gold or Dead Man's Chest).

Either one of those, or Chesty Puller 8)
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Chikiru

Oh yay~. I was thinking on doing this at Fanime (although I was hesitating to do so 'cause I... I'm insecure. lol). But this gives me incentive to do so!

XpHoBiaX

Quote from: "Kiba"Well now...here's something that looks quite like something I'd actually end up doing. xD That is, if random pirates from Pirates of the Carribean count. ^^' Too bad I'd be wanting to dress up as a ninja around the same time. Am I a blashemy to myself? XP

I am having the same dilema.

Maybe I'll just post pics up of my pirate costume and SPACE ninja costume (NOT ULALA NINJA! lol) Make it a poll and see wich costume gets the most votes.

Nanashi

You traitor! are you going to forsake your ninja vows to become a lowly, filthy pirate?!?! Would you betray your Ninja brothers and sisters?! Would you betray your country...Ninjaland? Think about that, XphobiaX. Think about that.

XpHoBiaX

Quote from: "Nanashi"You traitor! are you going to forsake your ninja vows to become a lowly, filthy pirate?!?! Would you betray your Ninja brothers and sisters?! Would you betray your country...Ninjaland? Think about that, XphobiaX. Think about that.

I said I'll post a poll you twit! Just to see who likes what. >_> That and I already HAVE my space ninja outfit. (got it in the mail yesterday!)And it's looking quite shmexy.... :P

So, Nanashi. I think I derserve an apologetic hug. T-T

Kiba

Hm...half ninja-half pirate...what a combo.  Too bad there'd be no way to throw cowboy in there. Then I'd be the most awesomness thing ever. xD

As for fighting with myself, I don't think I have to worry about that  :D
Not funny...:(

Asa_Gohan

i believe there is no such thing as a pirate ninja. Ninjas and pirates cannot be one...