Arrr, We Be Pirates! Fanime 2007 Gathering

Started by BunofGovt, July 06, 2006, 06:22:48 PM

Haven't you always wanted to be a pirate?

Aye, me other self 'tis a pirate!
17 (81%)
Nay, I be a bounty hunter.
0 (0%)
Sign me up for the Navy/Marines.
1 (4.8%)
I get seasick easily.
3 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: February 01, 2007, 05:22:48 PM

BunofGovt

Quote from: "thebrain2u"That sounds awesome! Pirates VS Ninjas!!! What if you were half and half? Say, a Ninja Pirate! You'd use Ninja stars and a Pirate Sword. And you'd wear and Ninja hood and also wear an eye patch! Argh, shiver me shurikens!

Oh, no, wear that big brimmed hat and the netting undergarments  :shock:

Seriously, as a Pirate Ninja, you'd be more a bit more flash and not so much dash (or da shadow).  Even your peg-legged brother would be stealthy ...
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

The Nameplate Ninja

Quote from: "Kiba"
Quote from: "The Nameplate Ninja"There cannot be Pinjate in existence!  <thinks for a moment> Woodchippers....

Then you might possibly be in for a very nasty surprise xD Oh yes, I just remembered now, I believe aside from both my ninja and pirate parents, I have a cowboy uncle as well... :wink:

Ummm...yee haw...lol
Dedicated to Ryoichi Koga & Goofy Style ^_^

XpHoBiaX

Maybe he's a mutant...? >_> hrmm...I must capture this creature and study him. o.O

Here Pinja, Pinja....I have cooookies....

((XD))

BunofGovt

XpHoBiaX

Kiba

I feel like laughing evilly right about now. Damn you fanime people injecting me with your public displays of randomness. I used to keep my randomness all to myself.

Mwehehehehehehe!!
Not funny...:(

Jyunishinsho

Just be sure to include May, Johnny, and Dizzy from Guilty Gear.
Who?
The Jellyfish Pirates! ^w^

BunofGovt

Quote from: "Jyunishinsho"Just be sure to include May, Johnny, and Dizzy from Guilty Gear.
Who?
The Jellyfish Pirates! ^w^

Welcome aboard, mateys!

BunofGovt

*BUMP bump bump bump*

I warned I'd keep this thread going, didn't I? I've started designing my flag.  I encourage you to bring your own to the gathering.

Samansa-chan

Quote from: "Asa_Gohan"i believe there is no such thing as a pirate ninja. Ninjas and pirates cannot be one...

LIES!! THAT IS NOT TRUE, FOR I /AM/ ONE! -hides in a tree and secretly waves a pirates flag-

BunofGovt

Quote from: "Kiba"
Quote from: "The Nameplate Ninja"There cannot be Pinjate in existence!  <thinks for a moment> Woodchippers....

Then you might possibly be in for a very nasty surprise xD Oh yes, I just remembered now, I believe aside from both my ninja and pirate parents, I have a cowboy uncle as well... :wink:

Quote from: "Samansa-chan"
Quote from: "Asa_Gohan"i believe there is no such thing as a pirate ninja. Ninjas and pirates cannot be one...

LIES!! THAT IS NOT TRUE, FOR I /AM/ ONE! -hides in a tree and secretly waves a pirates flag-

Welcome aboard, Samansa-chan!   :D  Looking forward to the gathering!  A little over 9 months to go.  Hmmm... Plenty of time for you pirates and ninjas to form those illicit liaisons ....  pinjates ... nirates ... pirinjas ...  :roll:

by the way:  http://www.talklikeapirate.com/

BunofGovt

*bump dee dee bump bump*

If this is the last post for this thread, so be it.  We don't have to worry about our gathering 'til Jan or Feb anyway (I believe that when BSaphire starts her official gatherings list, if she's doing it next year, that is).  I'll let you all continue on your seafaring journeys for now.

I'll keep an eye on this thread for any new posts, meanwhile enjoy what's left of the summer and the remaining cons for this year.

:D

BunofGovt

*Ba bumpbumpbump*

http://forums.fanime.com/viewtopic.php?t=4958&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

So, BSaphire has officially posted her gatherings thread (no, we are NOT going to be the first to claim a day, time, spot, etc.).  For those of you still interested in a pirate gathering, I'm suggesting Saturday, midafternoonish mebbe 2:30 or 3:00.  Once again, all pirates are welcome!  BYOF!  

(Bring Your Own Flag)  :P

Attackthbloo

So is this Pirate thing still gonna happen? Cause my pirate stuff is ready to be used!

BunofGovt

Wow, talk about necroposting! (and yey for me to support it!) This gathering, as far as I know, didn't happen in 2007.  If anyone's interested in a 2008 gathering, I suggest you start a new post.  I don't have a specific pirate cosplay planned but I might show up for the One Piece gathering (if there is one)...

Glad to know the pirates are still out there ...  ;D

Nanashi

So, I see you pesky pirates are still here...listen up, you sea-faring scoundrels! Fanime is ninja territory! Take your scurvy-ridden pirate selves elsewhere...or else there may be trouble brewing in your futures... *Makes semi-threatening gestures towards everyone.*
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

The_Merchant

Quote from: Nanashi on March 31, 2008, 10:13:51 AM
So, I see you pesky pirates are still here...listen up, you sea-faring scoundrels! Fanime is ninja territory! Take your scurvy-ridden pirate selves elsewhere...or else there may be trouble brewing in your futures... *Makes semi-threatening gestures towards everyone.*

<throws together giant ninja banner pointing out said action of making semi-threatening gestures>
What Are Ya Buyin?

BunofGovt

Arrr, pirate-ing be infectious I see, you're beginning to have touches of pirate-speak ...

Bwa ha ha harrr arrrrr

Nanashi

Quote from: BunofGovt on April 02, 2008, 08:27:25 PM

Arrr, pirate-ing be infectious I see, you're beginning to have touches of pirate-speak ...

Bwa ha ha harrr arrrrr

What's pirate speak? "Trouble brewing in your futures"? I didn't know I had to be a scum-eating pirate to use that phrase.
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html