Manga Release Dates

Started by ChenCzen, July 10, 2006, 08:24:10 PM

ChenCzen

Are there any sites that provide accurate release dates for Manga? Ive tried looking online for info on a new manga I picked up (and really interests me) called PSY COMM... in perticular when volumes 2 and 3 might be hitting store shelves, but even on the official tokyopop website no dates are given.

The only info I can find is that it had a publishing date of Nov. 2005... is it normal for there to be such a huge gap from when its published to when its on shelves, and finally when the follow ups are released?
Except for ending communism, slavery, nazism, and fascism, WAR HAS NEVER SOLVED ANYTHING!!

Tsubasa

I'd try Anime News Network's release list for upcoming domestic releases.

There doesn't really seem to be a norm in release patterns for domesticated manga.  Subsequent volumes of a series can be released anywhere from a week to a year later.  In general, since we're talking about TokyoPop, their releases are a usually bit more regular than other publishers. *coughADVcough*  But, of course, there are always exceptions.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Spiritsnare

Well, that, and the fact that sometimes, licensors will pick up a series, release x volumes, and just abandon it out of nowhere. Cough ADV cough.
epic progressive

vox