Attire: Antagonite Antics . . . Amicae et Amici

Started by Captaine Kit, July 17, 2006, 10:18:53 PM

Separate Fashion content from Cosplay content?

Keep both cosplay and fashion at Der Cosplay event, as it has been in the past.
0 (0%)
Cosplay only at Der Cosplay. Style, fashion, and original/interpretive costumes move to the Fashion Show.
4 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: December 14, 2006, 09:18:53 PM

Captaine Kit

Quote from: "Gwen Stefani in dazzling lyric". . . Inspire me and they’d come to my rescue.
I'd dress them wicked, I’d give them names.
Love, Angel, Music, Baby. Hurry up and come and save me. "
Well, plans are underway for the next fashion show.  For those interested in getting involved, the possibilities shall be posted soon.  For now, the obvious.

The Stars:
Designers--compile a line of outfits that expresses your fashion imprint
Models--aspiring alternative models from the Bay Area, including cosplay models
Antagonite Analogues--details later

The terms and deadlines for entry shall soon be posted.  Until then, just wait and see.  We won't be taking applicants via Fanime BB.  Therefore, join Antagonite group on Yahoo Groups.
FanimeCon Presents: Antagonite Fashion

Nina Star 9

depending on my school load and my level of insanity, i may or may not be a desginer, which is what i wanted to be from the beginning. :3

Kazuko

yeah same with school and stuff

D: i wanted to model last time but i couldnt cause i had no way to make it to the meetings cause i lived far

Nina Star 9

Quote from: "Kazuko"yeah same with school and stuff

D: i wanted to model last time but i couldnt cause i had no way to make it to the meetings cause i lived far
i live farther and still managed to model. :3 you shoud go for it~ <3

Chikiru

Oh yay~. New fashion show topic. =D

Just to put what I put in the other post (as to keep things neat for me):

QuoteNe, if we're having this next year again, I don't think we should set a limit on how many outfits are required from each designer.

It's probably one of the few reasons some designers did not want to do the show.

Why don't we just have a however-many-you-want-to-make policy? It would be easier on a lot of people, especially those who are busy during the year, and more might be interested, as they don't have to invest all their time.

Forgot my 2 cents for the Poll. Personally, I think it should just be kept seperate. People go to Der Cosplay for the anime skits and such. Sure, there are walk-ons, but it seems as though many people are.. not particularly fond of those (especially if there are more than a dozen of them). Also, fashion shows seperate original designs from the regular copy-that-anime-outfit designs. So yeah.

Oh yeah, I was wondering if the show will still be in the same time slot as this year's show, or if we're planning on changing it.

I'm going to see if I can design again this year. Hopefully I can (as college applications are due in November, so I have time after that). However, I might not be able to make it to some of the group events (i.e. photoshoot, etc), but I have a friend who's mom is a pro-photographer. I'll just get photos of my line from her.

Also, I was wondering if it were possible to put my own music this time? XD It's just that I recently found the perfect song to go with my ideas, so I wanted to stick with it. Also, the models I'm bringing next year (if I do it, o' course) know how to put their own makeup on, as far as I know. And I'm picky about these things, so I was wondering if it were possible to allow my models to have makeup put on that's different from everyone else's (as we all know that all the designs will more or less depend on different colors and such).

I'm going with a sort of oriental look with spots of boldness sewn into the mix (for Japanese rock fans, sorta like kimono-clad Kagrra with hints of Kra/Alice Nine stuff thrown in). The music I was talking about (that I wanted to put in for my line) was Kra's "Renka". I just want to see if I can do it. XD No more vague themes for me~.

Nina: It's Amano Tsukiko girl. XD (If you didn't know already, I was the girl with the 8 brightly colored outfits from Fanime06) You should design! Hopefully we won't have the high clothing limit like last time. Jrock Con's fashion show's limit is going to be three to twelve, as an example.

Kazuko: You should model~. It's a fun experience, and there are only a couple meetings (as I know of) that are really necessary (such as first one to meet peoples and the photoshoot).

Captaine Kit

Ok, there should be no minimum.  However, those with the resources are responsible for making a comprehensive, original collection.  Remember that in "design land" (and this goes for every kind of design), the number of ideas is valued more than the quality of ideas, whether you are just starting out or already established.  What you see on the runways of TV and magazines isn't a product of stick-it-on-and-go, or about being a hit.  The truth about being creative is that it's a conscious effort to bring something powerful and relevant to your audience.  After your experience in the show, you may understand that the process of creating fashion for the runway isn't a labor of love--it's a process of revision with a group of people that will give you feedback, but it's your responsibility!

No more talk of last year.  This year we hope to attract and showcase the work of design students and those people who have already established themselves as Designer by profession, especially in the underground communities.

Would you like to get involved?  Please check out "Antagonite" on Yahoo Groups and join so that the team can work more closely together.  Join so we can discuss the dos and don'ts that we learned from last year.  It's the message board/links/files/calendar group for anyone: models, designers, tech, PR, friends, etc.  We are looking for staffers who'll give us the most contribution.
FanimeCon Presents: Antagonite Fashion