Favorite Insert Songs

Started by Tsubasa, July 26, 2006, 04:27:33 PM

Tsubasa

Since we've covered OPs & EDs before, why not insert songs?  For those who aren't in the know, insert songs are vocal songs that are played during a series.  Whether that be actual characters singing, them listening to it, or even if its used as BGM.

The right insert song can make a scene with a lasting impression and I suppose that's their beauty.  So, what insert songs do you favor?  I'll start this off...

Anata no Ichiban ni Naritai - Minami Omi - Martian Successor Nadesico
God knows... - Hirano Aya - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu
Snow Rain - Ueda Kana - Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's
Otome no Inori - Hayashibara Megumi & Suzuki Masami - Slayers NEXT

Those for now.  I may add more.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

zoupzuop2

Basically everything from BECK.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

mDuo13

A few of these are not exactly insert songs, but they're close enough.

A Thousand Nights and One from .hack//SIGN ep... 24? (yes, the same song that's used as a LIMINALTIY op)

Madlax - I'm Here by Yuki Kajiura
Madlax - She's Gotta Go by Yuki Kajiura (remix of Margaret)
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - God Knows
Full Metal Alchemist - Dante by Michiru Oshima
Hellsing - Overly Denotational Dishonest Road (ata "Survival on the Road of Insincerity") by Yasushi Ishii
Cowboy Bebop - Elm by Yoko Kanno & the Seatbelts(?)
My-OTOME - Battling Otome ~ The Azure & Black Rhapsody by Yuki Kajiura
Noir - Canta Per Me by Yuki Kajiura
Disgaea - Planet X by Tenpei Sato
Gunslinger Girl - WOKE FROM DREAMING by The Delgados
Tsukuyomi ~Moon Phase~ - A Little Night Dream by Kume Daisaku

I could probably think of more but this covers several big ones that I really noticed and enjoyed. P.S. did anyone detect a pattern here?

Tsubasa

Personally, I find it hard calling Kajiura Yuki songs insert songs a lot of times.  It's more like she uses the human voice as instrumentation.  And the songs are used pretty frequently as normal, reguarily occuring BGM.  I guess it's kinda a gray area.
-Tsubasa

mDuo13

Yeah, a few of those are definitely more "action themes" than insert songs.

A Thousand Nights and One is definitely used as an insert song, though. Arguably, "I'm Here" also, but it's really hard to make a strict definition of "insert song" though because oftentimes BGM is used under the exact same circumstances for the same effect.

P.S. I find it funny that you always call her "Kajiura Yuki" with the family name first, because the only OST I've ever seen (yes, I have imports of some of her soundtracks, and domestic releases of others) that calls her that is Petite Cossette, which you say you haven't watched. All the other CDs (even import versions) have her labelled "Yuki Kajiura" in roman letters.

Tsubasa

Quote from: "mDuo13"P.S. I find it funny that you always call her "Kajiura Yuki" with the family name first, because the only OST I've ever seen (yes, I have imports of some of her soundtracks, and domestic releases of others) that calls her that is Petite Cossette, which you say you haven't watched. All the other CDs (even import versions) have her labelled "Yuki Kajiura" in roman letters.
I write all Japanese and other asian names family name, then given name.  It's how they do it, so I figure that's how it should be.  Besides, I hear them say it like that all the time, so it just sounds right.  In additon, it may also be because my genetic heritage is one that also values family above the person.

But we digress.  Continue on with the insert song discussion, folks. XD;

I guess I'll add:

Koi no Mikuru Densetsu - Goto Yuko - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu
Hanasaku Otome - various artists - Sakura Taisen: Ouka Kenran
Kiseki no Kane - various artists - Sakura Taisen: Katsudou Shashin
-Tsubasa

Jyunishinsho

Everything from Jubei-Chan and Jubei-chan 2.
Enough said by moi. ^^

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Tsubasa"Koi no Mikuru Densetsu - Goto Yuko - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu

Wouldn't this technically count as an OP?
epic progressive

vox

Tsubasa

Yeah, it's technically the 1st OP for the series.  I suppose you can say it's also something of a gray area.
-Tsubasa

Chun

Honey and Clover's Inserts (basically, all of suneohair's inserts)

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

ININ

I have a few :)

Tsubasa from Tsubasa Chronicle First Season.  Song played in episode 1 and the episode where Syaoran was in an arena battling for a vase like prize.  Sakura's version is the better one XD

Senecio and I Can't Get Over Your Best Smile from Please Teacher.  The second song is from a music video in one of the DVDs.

Spirited Away Soundtrack Track 19 Futatabi (Reprise)  The song is played when Haku picked up Chihiro (or Sen :P) at Yubaba's twin sister's house.

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: "Chun"Honey and Clover's Inserts (basically, all of suneohair's inserts)

~Chun

^_^ Thank you.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

uzutake

Gravitation's music(like Nittle Grasper and Bad Luck stuff)

God Knows in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Yeah, pretty much it >.<