Fanime Mascots?

Started by uzutake, July 29, 2006, 01:21:06 PM

uzutake

About those characters that appear on Fanime ads, that conventin Program Guide, and the website: who are they? I've been wondering this for a while now ^_^()

(Oh, and their genders as well are still a total mystery to me >.<)

Emerge

i dunno who they are, but i think they're supposed to represent the different kinds of otaku. maybe it's just me, but if you look at the main website, i've tried to define them (from left to right):

The Hyper Squealy Otaku

The Militant Otaku

The OtAWEku

The Everyone's Best Friend Otaku

The Down With The Scene Otaku

yea...these were goofy names. so sue me.

i take that back. don't sue me. im down to my cardboard box and rags as it is...

Shi_Musouka

Try asking Amanda(aka Usaku). She's the head of Artists' Pool and they're the ones that come up with the characters as well as their names.

Eri

Ah, the characters...

We made them to replace the pirates as the mascots of Fanime. There are five of them: two guys, three girls. I believe their names are Amber, Becky, Candy, Damien, and Elliot.

When they made their debut in 2005, they were in normal street clothes, since 2005 was more or less a year where we were involved with downtown San Jose. In 2006, they were dressed in our theme of Gothic Lolita-Cyberpunk. And this year, they'll be dressed in the new theme, no matter where they are.

This is how they look in theme for this year.. This is the flier artwork you'll see for July and August :) The character wearing the space uniform is Becky, and I believe Candy is in the yukata (Amanda, correct me if I'm wrong..)

Damien, Elliot..

Amber or Candy (>.<... All I know is the one on the far left was called Straps when we first saw her at a meeting) and Becky on the far right..

As soon as the website is up, I'll have fliers and stuff posted if you weren't at the event/shop to pick up the particular flier.
Erica V.
On vacation for 2008

uzutake

Thank you for all the info minna! :D

EDIT::
Oh, and the artist...did she have a table in Artist Alley? Nancy Thai? I knew I recognized her work! XD

Chloe

Quote from: "uzutake"Thank you for all the info minna! :D

Oh, and the artist...did she have a table in Artist Alley? Nancy Thai? I knew I recognized her work! XD

Yup!  I was also wondering who those characters were, but I knew the artist right away.  I admire her work! She also has a deviantart if anyone is interested in looking at her other works.

http://gem2niki.deviantart.com

Her Fanime-Work isn't up, but she has alot of other nice pieces! :3
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

uzutake

Quote from: "Chloe"
Quote from: "uzutake"Thank you for all the info minna! :D

Yup!  I was also wondering who those characters were, but I knew the artist right away.  I admire her work! She also has a deviantart if anyone is interested in looking at her other works.

http://gem2niki.deviantart.com

Her Fanime-Work isn't up, but she has alot of other nice pieces! :3

Thanks! I've been looking for that XD