Ever felt embarrassed about watching/reading anime/manga?

Started by Darryl Mendoza, August 03, 2006, 09:12:00 PM

ced1106

Borders clerk: "Oh, you read manga?"
Me: "Better than what's on cable!"
Borders clerk: (smiles in agreement)

But, yeah, keep the naughty bits away from the unwashed masses, manga or otherwise.

Remember. This is America. Violence is OK. Sex is not!  :roll:

aka. Washu! ^O^
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

Glitch

No shame what so ever.In fact,I will go onto a long explanation about anime if somebody asks.Any excuse to talk about interests.
The only weird thing was when this one dude sitting next to me asked me about a picture I had on my binder.When I responded that it was Devilman,he said "do you believe satan exists?"

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: "ced1106"Borders clerk: "Oh, you read manga?"
Me: "Better than what's on cable!"
Borders clerk: (smiles in agreement)

But, yeah, keep the naughty bits away from the unwashed masses, manga or otherwise.

Remember. This is America. Violence is OK. Sex is not!  :roll:

aka. Washu! ^O^

I thought we were the unwashed masses... As far as I know, that one girl that noticed my manga smelt rather nice that day...
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

PixieCat

When people catch me reading manga, no problem. Watching anime, psh, its nothing.

When random people catch me walking around in cosplay...That I get a little embarressed about. I tend to change into my cosplay first thing before a con, all excited about it....and then remember that I wanted coffee (cosplay at Starbucks!), and that I had to stop at the bank (Cosplay at Wells Fargo!) or whatever else I had to do (Cosplay at Dennys!).

Once my grandparents were visiting during a convention and they took a picture of me in cosplay. I'm now in the family album for all to see.
<3 cosplaying obscure video game girls.
Next Cons:

Sac-Anime (?)
Yaoi Con

Nina Star 9

Quote from: "PixieCat"When people catch me reading manga, no problem. Watching anime, psh, its nothing.

When random people catch me walking around in cosplay...That I get a little embarressed about. I tend to change into my cosplay first thing before a con, all excited about it....and then remember that I wanted coffee (cosplay at Starbucks!), and that I had to stop at the bank (Cosplay at Wells Fargo!) or whatever else I had to do (Cosplay at Dennys!).

Once my grandparents were visiting during a convention and they took a picture of me in cosplay. I'm now in the family album for all to see.
i actualy love walking around in cosplay, jsut to see all th odd stares i get. XD not sure why~ i'm so not that type, but you know~

but hey, i dress oddly all the time. :P

zoupzuop2

At FanimeCon '06, I hopped on the bus in part-cosplay every day. Only thing missing? The really bad "pigtail".

Next year? FULL LOAD COSPLAY, walkin' from my house to the bus station. Might bring some culture to this ****ing town, too... Oh yeeaaaaah.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

PixieCat

Quote from: "zoupzuop2"At FanimeCon '06, I hopped on the bus in part-cosplay every day. Only thing missing? The really bad "pigtail".

Next year? FULL LOAD COSPLAY, walkin' from my house to the bus station. Might bring some culture to this ****ing town, too... Oh yeeaaaaah.

Its fun. I've walked around in all my costumes, trying to run errands before a con and usually, people try not to stare at you. But when they do, its hilarious. I want to be recognized by a non-con goer on the street.
<3 cosplaying obscure video game girls.
Next Cons:

Sac-Anime (?)
Yaoi Con

ININ

My co-worker took his family to Disneyland Fourth of July weekend.  AX also takes place Fourth of July weekend.  One time in the kitchen, my co-worker asked if I attended AX.  I said yes.  He asked what hotel I stayed at.  I said The Anabella.  He was staying at the Clarion and was looking for me.

He also said that he was surprised to see so many people are anime fans.  He thought anime fans were people who pierced the face with jewelry only and he apologized.  I said no worries.  I said to myself anime fans come from all walks of life.

Furthermore, he is Japanese born in Los Angeles and lived in Japan for four years.  He is fluent in Japanese.