How do you get your manga and anime?

Started by Darryl Mendoza, August 03, 2006, 10:15:52 PM

Darryl Mendoza

I hope no one posted this already.

I was wondering how do you get your manga and anime and maybe even how you get the money to get them? I usaully have to save up my money to buy anime and manga. I download and buy manga, and I mainly buuy my anime because my dial-up connection would take days to downlod one episode of an anime.
Extra Fresh League
MvC2: Team Matrix, Team Santhrax
Guilty Gear Accent Core- Slayer, Bridget
Street Figther 3rd Strike- Makoto, Dudley, Akuma

uzutake

YouTube and I read it in the bookstore.

Or some Online Manga Scanlations, escpecially around unrivaled.info where I read Naruto's Second Arc :P

mDuo13

I download lots of fansubs. I buy the occasional manga, and DVDs when I see a good deal on a series I really like.

OH but the library is also a great place to get manga and anime; I've read a lot from there.

LastElixir

so no one bumps aria the animation STs and drama CDs like i do in middle of east oakland?  :lol:

i wont lie, i was listening the the paniponi drama CD in my car while i was driving through bayfair mall the other day and people gave me "the look", i didnt care. haha

j

mDuo13

Don't get me wrong, I love the ARIA soundtracks, but I can't envision subwoofing around to them. Hellsing, maybe. ARIA, I'd fall asleep at the wheel.

Sucrose

I buy manga far too much for my own good (although I'm going to be savng my money this year more or less for costuming junk unless I get a job that pays well...or a job at all...). I don't watch a whole lot of anime, although I've been doing so more lately since I was introduced to the wonderful world of BitTorrent and fansubs. *grin*
In mammals, Sucrose is digested in the stomach, into its component sugars, by acidic hydrolysis. The Glucose and Fructose are then absorbed into the bloodstream in the small intestine. (Lactose just isn't cool enough to enter into it.)

Tsubasa

Lots of downloading fansubs and scanslations...  purchasing a healthy amount of localized tankouban... and the occasional domestic DVD purchase.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Sora

fansubs, anime cons, and stores (used to).
"Don't give me any orders."

Kazuko

the bookstore O: and i watch anime on youtube XD

or i read alot of scantranslations like with deathnote and other mangas

D:< cause the bookstore is el oh el lame on order and updates

jindo

If you can afford a smart phone, then you can support the industries by "purchasing" the legit goods.

zoupzuop2

Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

pockystix

Fansubs [unlicensed] & Netflix [licensed] for anime. Library or bookstore [usually Borders] for Manga. I only buy things that I'd watch/read over and over again; I have no need for any "collection" of sorts [which is why I can use one lonely shelf for all my manga and anime].
New sn = Meirin

Shi_Musouka

I buy manga/anime wherever I find it(in terms of licensed material), otherwise I borrow from friends or libraries. Then there's Youtube and Bittorrent.

ced1106

* Amazon: 4-for-3 sale on many manga titles.
* Local anime clubs: No Name, Foothill Anime.

No longer Borders b/c their coupons aren't as good as they used to be.

aka. Washu! ^O^
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

Emerge

fansubs and suncoast (not anymore cuz the local one stopped selling for a good few months. gotta check if they started selling again...)

and of course, cant forget the dealers room every year

shortpachoo

-Borders (employee discount  :D ) - Just manga/cds and maybe an a anime dvd here and there
-Bittorrent - fansubs / manga scans (unlicensed)
-Online: Dvds (rightstuf.com/gotanime discount, Frys)

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

LadyKaren

It's like the only thing I spend my spare money on - (minus food)

But I buy it from borders then have the rewards card and then just buy my friends (or myself ) manga for Christmas with the savings.

ced1106

Quote from: "LadyKaren"But I buy it from borders then have the rewards card and then just buy my friends (or myself ) manga for Christmas with the savings.

If you're on the Borders email list, send them feedback about their coupons. They'll send you a 30% off coupon -- and you can modify the URL name/value pairs so that you can extend the expiration date of the coupon and reuse it!

Meanwhile, here's a link to Amazon's "4 for 3" manga and graphic novels list.
http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link_3237912_5/104-2044252-5941509?ie=UTF8&node=223084011

aka. Washu! ^O^
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

KyraEnsui

Borders, Grapevine, Tower Records, and any other places I like to explore. Oh! I can't forget Kinokuniya. *nods* Online websites are a plus too.

XpHoBiaX

ebay, the uk from people on other boards, amazon, poeple here, libraries, ....people here, in a big box for my bday....other wierd sites JAPAN! lol.