Stage Zero 2007-Planning

Started by The Dude, August 29, 2006, 11:39:50 PM

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "KitsuneOniko"
Quote from: "The Dude"Hey!!!!! :evil:  No disrespect to lovely Oni, but I’m running the Stage Zero show so nothing gets green lit without my approval and if any PMing is going to happen about skits for the stage its gunna have to go to me. I'm not trying to be mean and be like this is all mine, I just have to make sure that all skits and ideas are within budget, stay within the ideas of Fanime, and above all SAFE.

As a side note I'm unable to make any of the meetings right now at least until February because I’m in school down in L.A and my class sched and production and shooting sched keep me from having any free time for the next few months. So I'm relying on everyone who is willing to help out to work with me online until I can make a meeting and officially talk in person. Also please if you go to Jason not Jason Ebner but the current Second of Stage Zero, that’s cool but I don’t know what’s going on during those meetings I don’t know what he will promise and I don’t know what he will cancel. So please if you speak with him make sure to send me a PM or post on the Message board what you two discussed and what agreement you two came upon, so I can make sure it’s all ok.

Again a Big thank you to everyone who’s helping out, without you stage Zero would be nothing more then an empty platform.

I actually agree with you Sean so no worries lol! I was just encouragin suggestions but yeah like I mentioned to those who didn't fully read my other previous posts here: Tell Sean and Wendell firsthand and most importantly! I am just tryin to encourage suggestions here XDD In anycase, keep em comin! And Kuya Wendell? I like that varied music idea very much ^_~ We should do somethin with ParaPara AND other genres of jmusic as well =D I still like our Jpop n Jrock MV idea... hmmm maybe we can have sing off competitions too? =D Kinda like what USA Musume did on Stage Zero this past year? Just a thought...
whoa, my bad. wasnt trying to go over your head there, Sean. since you mentioned you moved down state recently, i figured i'd be able to get some opinions on the game ideas by running them through some of the people that would be at the meetings.

if you would like, i could PM some of my game ideas to you and you could see which ones would be good or not. i really need to get some input on them so i can either rework them, or trash some of them altogether.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

KitsuneOniko

Quote from: "DayDreamerNessa"keep doing the game shows i love particpating and watching them!!

Also i'd love to see performances on stage zero, like usa musume, ramen and rice stuff like that are really fun to watch for me.

Hey Nessa! Nice to see you again ^^ The game shows and what not are pretty fun huh? Do you possibly have any other ideas for other games we could present and try on Stage Zero? :D

It's always fun to have special guest performances too on the Stage huh? I have to admit the sing along with Swinging Popsicle we had this past year was kinda entertaining XD Guest appearances on Stage Zero though also depend on who we may be having as guests this coming Fanime... so it's too soon to say who would make an appearance for sure on the stage ^^;
Fanime Volunteer 2003-2004
Fanime Dealership Staff 2005-2006
Fanime Live Programming Staff 2006
Fanime Programing Liaison 2006
Fanime Stage Zero Co-Producer 2006
Fanime Stage Zero Hostess 2007-Present <3

DayDreamerNessa

I don't know if it'd work, but what about musical chairs, and replace the music with anime soundtracks/jrock/jpop etc. And allow cosplayers and con-goers play or even children if they wanted to, it'd be a simple game that could fill up time and wouldn't need much preparation other than chairs, although that may get rough if people get too competitive on stage or you could even do it in front of the stage area where the chairs are seated.

Other than i can't come with anything else off the top of my head, but if i come up with any ideas i'll post 'em!

Quote from: "KitsuneOniko"
Quote from: "DayDreamerNessa"keep doing the game shows i love particpating and watching them!!

Also i'd love to see performances on stage zero, like usa musume, ramen and rice stuff like that are really fun to watch for me.

Hey Nessa! Nice to see you again ^^ The game shows and what not are pretty fun huh? Do you possibly have any other ideas for other games we could present and try on Stage Zero? :D

It's always fun to have special guest performances too on the Stage huh? I have to admit the sing along with Swinging Popsicle we had this past year was kinda entertaining XD Guest appearances on Stage Zero though also depend on who we may be having as guests this coming Fanime... so it's too soon to say who would make an appearance for sure on the stage ^^;
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

The Dude

Hey everyone, sorry I haven’t been on the boards lately I have been very busy going to school and being on set at universal studios. A few quick responses:

Oni - thank you for not taking what I wrote in a mean or derogatory manor, I just sometimes need to put my foot down and get us back on track as a group instead of individualy PMing, with no one knowing what's really going on.

DayDreamerNessa - I'm all for having more groups get up on stage and do live performances, But in response to (Ramen and Rice) Sadly I believe they just broke up in the past month or so, *Don’t quote me on that*

otakuapprentice - I would prefer to have any suggestions about stage Zero in the forum for everyone to comment. *If you feel that it needs to be sent in a PM I won’t stop you, sometimes unveiling a Completed and possibly approved Idea Is allot more gratifying then put up one that may or may not work. Thank you for all your Input and suggestions.

Just as a little reminder to everyone I’m currently living in Burbank (to anyone who doesn’t know that about 5 miles above L.A) Since there wont be anyone to represent stage zero at our monthly meetings please send all suggestions and query’s to me in either a PM if it's personal or as a post.

No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings.
-William Blake, Proverbs of Hell
Stage Zero, Manager & Director
Fanime Music Vid Director
Any Questions or Comments send to [email protected]

DayDreamerNessa

It was a suggestion of a group that mostly every con-goer knows and likes, and i really doubt they broke up, unless you've talked to them personally and heard that yourself, all i've heard is that they've been really busy other than that i've heard no word of a breakup, since hoshikaji one of the members of ramen and rice is on my lj friends-list i would think they'd menton if something like that happened >_>;

Quote from: "The Dude"Hey everyone, sorry I haven’t been on the boards lately I have been very busy going to school and being on set at universal studios. A few quick responses:

Oni - thank you for not taking what I wrote in a mean or derogatory manor, I just sometimes need to put my foot down and get us back on track as a group instead of individualy PMing, with no one knowing what's really going on.

DayDreamerNessa - I'm all for having more groups get up on stage and do live performances, But in response to (Ramen and Rice) Sadly I believe they just broke up in the past month or so, *Don’t quote me on that*

otakuapprentice - I would prefer to have any suggestions about stage Zero in the forum for everyone to comment. *If you feel that it needs to be sent in a PM I won’t stop you, sometimes unveiling a Completed and possibly approved Idea Is allot more gratifying then put up one that may or may not work. Thank you for all your Input and suggestions.

Just as a little reminder to everyone I’m currently living in Burbank (to anyone who doesn’t know that about 5 miles above L.A) Since there wont be anyone to represent stage zero at our monthly meetings please send all suggestions and query’s to me in either a PM if it's personal or as a post.

No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings.
-William Blake, Proverbs of Hell
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "The Dude"otakuapprentice - I would prefer to have any suggestions about stage Zero in the forum for everyone to comment. *If you feel that it needs to be sent in a PM I won’t stop you, sometimes unveiling a Completed and possibly approved Idea Is allot more gratifying then put up one that may or may not work. Thank you for all your Input and suggestions.
if you feel that it's a good idea to post some of the games up here for everyone to comment on them, that's okay with me. here are some of the games/ideas i have thought of for next year's Stage Zero:

What's In The Box?
Pin the 'Tail on the Alchemist
Anime Musical Chairs
Cosplay Announcements
Where's (insert name here)
What would you do for Pocky?
What's My Name?
(insert name here) Says
Who wants to be a Fani-Millionaire?
"Ask Otaku"

if i try to describe each of these games/ideas right now, it would be a very long list to read through. if there is a game/idea on this list that you would like to know more about, lemme know and i'll give a brief description on it.

See you all next year at Stage Zero!

otakuapprentice

(sorry for double post. dont hurt me, im fragile.)

well, it seems that we are less than 3 months away from Fanime '07, and i'm kinda curious as to when we will get any information as to what will be at Stage Zero this year. any new stuff for us to be going nuts about?

Mr. Wendell

For now:

New games.

New hosts.

More anime music videos.

More Asian music videos.

A few more stuff to show.

More crazy antics.

------------

There's a lot of stuff that I have to write down and get to Sean to see if the ideas are plausible.

But alas, I have some important family issues to deal with at this time...

Hopefully next month, things will go in motion to make Stage Zero a better show this year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wv3ha5qJSo
They hate this awful face, gonna cause **** in this place.

Mr. Wendell
Head '24, Host w/ the Most, Stage Zero, FanimeCon '06-'24
Life of the Party, (insert convention here)

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "Mr. Wendell"For now:

New games.

New hosts.

More anime music videos.

More Asian music videos.

More crazy antics.

------------

There's a lot of stuff that I have to write down and get to Sean to see if the ideas are plausible.

Hopefully next month, things will go in motion to make Stage Zero a better show this year.
aw, nuts. i was hoping to try and go for being a host for this year. oh well, maybe next year.

Gainax Boy

Quote from: "Mr. Wendell"For now:

New games.

New hosts.

More anime music videos.

More Asian music videos.

More crazy antics.

------------

Speaking of which ..  *cough cough* ^^;;

Mind contacting me Online sometime? (Dreamer81382 on AIM or MySpace)
"Hail Gainax, Hail Fanservice, Hail the Otaking!!" ^_^

ohayo_sunshine

I was wondering...If there's any empty time slots or just times where there's nothing to do, can I dance to Hello! Project songs just because?
I guess it would be considered as an exhibit or something.

Just wondering...

darkstar

As a suggestion to the field:

If you're going to do Musical Chairs, do as we did at Tales and get it off the stage if you get more than a certain number of people.  Don't want the fight for chairs to send someone off the stage...

And more dance-offs for tiebreakers!!!  :)

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "darkstar"As a suggestion to the field:

If you're going to do Musical Chairs, do as we did at Tales and get it off the stage if you get more than a certain number of people.  Don't want the fight for chairs to send someone off the stage...

going off of last years' memory, the stage would probably be big enough to have at least 6 people playing during this game. but in the interest of safety, i think the maximium that will be allowed during each game will probably be 4 or 5 people (thats the limit i placed it at when i submitted it as a possible idea), if musical chairs got cleared as a Stage Zero game.

i know that Mr. Wendell is returning as one of the hosts, so how about some updates good sir?

The Dude

the stage was much bigger then the one at Tales of Anime, so we could almost have 12 or more people playing musical chairs. And a Major list of new games will be up in the next few days! :D
Stage Zero, Manager & Director
Fanime Music Vid Director
Any Questions or Comments send to [email protected]

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "The Dude"the stage was much bigger then the one at Tales of Anime, so we could almost have 12 or more people playing musical chairs. And a Major list of new games will be up in the next few days! :D
yay, updates finally! i was wondering why we havent heard anything yet. i hope that at least some of my ideas were used for this year...

Mr. Wendell

Quote from: "otakuapprentice"
Quote from: "darkstar"As a suggestion to the field:

going off of last years' memory, the stage would probably be big enough to have at least 6 people playing during this game. but in the interest of safety, i think the maximium that will be allowed during each game will probably be 4 or 5 people (thats the limit i placed it at when i submitted it as a possible idea), if musical chairs got cleared as a Stage Zero game.

i know that Mr. Wendell is returning as one of the hosts, so how about some updates good sir?
Update, you want?  Update, you get!

While doing The Mr. Wendell Show for Tales of Anime, it was apparent that these simple games definitely were quite entertaining for the audience, and musical chairs was a high note.  We actually had 15 people participate once, and considering the size of the stage we had for Tales of Anime, it definitely would have been dangerous to hold it on that stage.  With Stage Zero, being slightly larger, I don't forsee any difficulties with that many people on the stage for musical chairs, but out of safety issues, I believe that 10-12 would be a reasonable number.

I totally like the idea for dance-offs for tie-breakers... in fact, I'd like to see a lot more dance battles, not just for musical chairs, but for its own competition for prizes...we'll work out the rules for them soon.

Quick Draw will definitely return, and with white boards instead of drawing paper, it is much more financially easier to do.

I need to find something to wack people's heads with for Jun Ken Pow.  Paper is so easy to break...

A lot of simple parlor games would be something the hosts will be able to do.  We're still compiling a list of games that can be used for the show.

Sad to say, because of reasons beyond the control of Stage Zero and Fanime, there will be no Pocky eating contest or Ramune drinking contest.

I'd still want to do Chubby Bunny, though... that was hilarious to watch at ToA.

I'm hoping that a friend can also hook me up with a cool game that I had the pleasure of playing last December.

On another note, we're looking for videos to show for Stage Zero:  Anime Music Videos are pretty much taken care of, but we'd like to know what you'd like to see in the case of Asian Music Videos, Asian Commercials, and even Viral Videos (aka Web Junk).  Remember, please note that some videos we can't show (for various reasons), but if you know of any that you'd like to see, or can even provide to us, let us know.

Mr. Wendell

otakuapprentice

yo Wendell, this question is probably too late, but is there a need for any more hosts for this year?

If not, then i'll try again next year.

bahamutknightzero

Heh, glad to see that you liked the whole dance contest idea from ToA. If you wonder how I know this, I was one of those dancers (the guy with the mushroom)

Mr. Wendell

Quote from: "otakuapprentice"yo Wendell, this question is probably too late, but is there a need for any more hosts for this year?

If not, then i'll try again next year.

Sorry, all host positions are currently taken.

Also, we've filled all our staff positions as well, mainly since we've been forced to reduce the number of people working directly with Stage Zero.

----------------------------------

Hopefully I'll be able to release more information after the Fanime meeting...

Mr. Wendell

Inuashley

How does one get to perform something on Stage Zero? I have an idea for a short 1 min. dance routine, but I'm not sure if it fits on Stage Zero since I've never been to Fanime before ^^;; Thanks. ^_^
Next conventions: Fanime 2011, Anime Next (?), Anime Expo, AM2