electricity-lambs

FanimeCon 2019 Forums

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Group Registration ???s  (Read 10946 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

sailormoonhdn

  • Full Metal Post
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile
Group Registration ???s
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2006, 10:59:00 PM »

well that's good that it's up now....

as for adding ppl who already registered to the group is probably a no...I tried that in the past but after you register then that's finalized.
Logged

animeangelfish

  • Inu-Posta
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
    • View Profile
Group Registration ???s
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2006, 11:46:26 AM »

Logged

Cosplay 2013: Fem!Reno, River Song (Melody Malone), Hipster!Ariel
Attendee since 2005

MPLe

  • Senior Moderator
  • ***
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • (Yes, it changes randomly :P)
    • View Profile
Group Registration ???s
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2006, 12:00:53 PM »

Quote from: "Duo"
No offense but I am absolutely disgusted. it takes a certain amount of time to get check's cashed and put under the right names, etc.  You promised that pre-registration would be 40 dollars. if you could nto follow through with it, then you should NOT have promised it. not only have you inconvenienced many, but you're goign to lose registrations because, frankly, i know my anime club is unwilling to pay anymore, so it falls on me, because -i- promised -them- we would make it on time not to go up.

going back on promises...BAD FORM


If an envelope is post-marked for October 31st or earlier, the payment will be accepted provided that it's the correct amount.
Logged
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Tony

  • Post in the Shell: SAC
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1192
    • View Profile
Group Registration ???s
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2006, 12:54:07 PM »

Quote from: "Duo"
You promised that pre-registration would be 40 dollars.


Quote from: "MPLe"
...if for some reason, October 31st comes and passes and group reg isn't up, I will keep the group registration at the current price point for at least two weeks when it does come up.


October 31st has not come and group registration is up. He hasn't broken his promise. Moreover, Milton offered to personally email anyone who wanted to know as soon as group registration came online.

If anyone, be upset at me for not getting group reg up sooner.
Logged
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

GokuMew2

  • Prince of Post
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 725
    • View Profile
Group Registration ???s
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2006, 12:47:05 PM »

Quote from: "Tony"
October 31st has not come and group registration is up. He hasn't broken his promise. Moreover, Milton offered to personally email anyone who wanted to know as soon as group registration came online.

If anyone, be upset at me for not getting group reg up sooner.

It's true that group reg was put up before the first deadline, but if it wasn't, we would get two weeks extra. Group reg is up now but we only have one week to get everything in. I think it would be nice if the first reg deadline for $40 could be extended for at least a week.

I'm scrambling just to get all my friends in order so larger groups like anime clubs must be much more chaotic.
Logged
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

MPLe

  • Senior Moderator
  • ***
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • (Yes, it changes randomly :P)
    • View Profile
Group Registration ???s
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2006, 05:41:15 PM »

Quote from: "GokuMew2"
Quote from: "Tony"
October 31st has not come and group registration is up. He hasn't broken his promise. Moreover, Milton offered to personally email anyone who wanted to know as soon as group registration came online.

If anyone, be upset at me for not getting group reg up sooner.

It's true that group reg was put up before the first deadline, but if it wasn't, we would get two weeks extra. Group reg is up now but we only have one week to get everything in. I think it would be nice if the first reg deadline for $40 could be extended for at least a week.

I'm scrambling just to get all my friends in order so larger groups like anime clubs must be much more chaotic.


For reasons beyond my control, I am unable to extend the deadline. So instead of fighting an uphill battle to increase the deadline, I'm now trying to get more and more incentives for people that initially register with 10 or more.
Logged
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

GokuMew2

  • Prince of Post
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 725
    • View Profile
Group Registration ???s
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2006, 06:52:51 PM »

Quote from: "MPLe"
For reasons beyond my control, I am unable to extend the deadline. So instead of fighting an uphill battle to increase the deadline, I'm now trying to get more and more incentives for people that initially register with 10 or more.

I see. It's nice to know you're trying so hard though, so thanks for that.
Logged
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

FiliKlepto

  • Maria-sama ga Post
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 65
    • View Profile
Group Registration ???s
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2006, 04:58:27 PM »

I've been meaning to say something about this sooner, but I had to give myself a little bit of time to approach the situation reasonably and objectively. I have always been very happy with the Fanime registration process and staff. I know that you guys work very hard and have to deal with a lot, and I know that there is only so much you can do within certain guidelines... However, I would like to say that I am rather miffed by the following that was recently added to the Registration info page:

Quote
Note: Group rewards are still to be determined. Only groups that initially register with 10 or more will receive these rewards.


And this, which has been added to the account sign-up page:

Quote

Your group does not qualify for group perks. (Adding more members will NOT qualify your group.)


These conditions were not listed on the first post of the Group Registration sticky, which was updated on October 24th, and still isn't (http://forums.fanime.com/viewtopic.php?p=96877&highlight=#96877).  After having read that post,  I registered my group on October 31 prior to revisiting the forum boards. Since I didn't have the information for all our studio members at the time, I only registered six people during that session. Because it had the option to add new members later on (and registration had not been updated to include any of the information quoted above), I thought I could add the other members later on by the deadline.  Well, after registering I browsed the forums and saw the following post:

Quote from: "MPLe"
AHHH! Ok, some more corrections.

 - Registration accounts can have as many people as possible, but only members in a group account with ten or more members will receive the group bonus.
 - Group registration will definately be open this week. If you would like, email me (milton at fanime . com) with the subject "Fanime Group Notification" without the quotes (emails without that exact subject might not be added to the mailing list and as such, won't get the emails) and I'll email you when it goes up. Going against what I said earlier, there will be no extention for the discount. Originally, group registration was scheduled to open next month, but I've been able to work out something and allow a week at the old rate. So please don't kill me angry-mob style at the convention.


I got really upset since our group, which does have more than ten people, missed out on the group bonus because of a technicality. The part that bothers me is that none of the requirements for group perks were listed on the registration page itself, so I don't understand how we can be retroactively held accountable for some corrections you made after the fact.  We purchased registration under certain terms, but now we have to deal with terms that weren't listed at the time that we were charged.

I would feel a lot better if you could please explain to us why the initial-group-of-ten stipulation is necessary in the first place. Is there a logistical reason that we can't add on people later?

Additionally, I'd like to know if there's anything that can be done to fix this situation on either party's side. I understand that there are no refunds, but would it be possible for me to start a new account and re-register everyone (at the current price, of course) along with the rest of our members and have you credit the existing payment to those accounts instead? You guys have always been really helpful in the past, so I hope that some sort of arrangement can be reached.

I've posted this to the boards because I wasn't sure whether you would see my post or my e-mail first.  I've also sent CC of this e-mail to Tony since he would know when he updated the website to include the group rewards requirements.
Logged
I want death to find me planting my cabbages.
-----------------------------------------------------
Hey, you know Mop Head?  At the Fanime '04 Saturday gameshow?  I so totally named her.  ^^"

MPLe

  • Senior Moderator
  • ***
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • (Yes, it changes randomly :P)
    • View Profile
Group Registration ???s
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2006, 09:07:41 AM »

Quote from: "FiliKlepto"
I've been meaning to say something about this sooner, but I had to give myself a little bit of time to approach the situation reasonably and objectively. I have always been very happy with the Fanime registration process and staff. I know that you guys work very hard and have to deal with a lot, and I know that there is only so much you can do within certain guidelines... However, I would like to say that I am rather miffed by the following that was recently added to the Registration info page:

Quote
Note: Group rewards are still to be determined. Only groups that initially register with 10 or more will receive these rewards.


And this, which has been added to the account sign-up page:

Quote

Your group does not qualify for group perks. (Adding more members will NOT qualify your group.)


These conditions were not listed on the first post of the Group Registration sticky, which was updated on October 24th, and still isn't (http://forums.fanime.com/viewtopic.php?p=96877&highlight=#96877).  After having read that post,  I registered my group on October 31 prior to revisiting the forum boards. Since I didn't have the information for all our studio members at the time, I only registered six people during that session. Because it had the option to add new members later on (and registration had not been updated to include any of the information quoted above), I thought I could add the other members later on by the deadline.  Well, after registering I browsed the forums and saw the following post:

Quote from: "MPLe"
AHHH! Ok, some more corrections.

 - Registration accounts can have as many people as possible, but only members in a group account with ten or more members will receive the group bonus.
 - Group registration will definately be open this week. If you would like, email me (milton at fanime . com) with the subject "Fanime Group Notification" without the quotes (emails without that exact subject might not be added to the mailing list and as such, won't get the emails) and I'll email you when it goes up. Going against what I said earlier, there will be no extention for the discount. Originally, group registration was scheduled to open next month, but I've been able to work out something and allow a week at the old rate. So please don't kill me angry-mob style at the convention.


I got really upset since our group, which does have more than ten people, missed out on the group bonus because of a technicality. The part that bothers me is that none of the requirements for group perks were listed on the registration page itself, so I don't understand how we can be retroactively held accountable for some corrections you made after the fact.  We purchased registration under certain terms, but now we have to deal with terms that weren't listed at the time that we were charged.

I would feel a lot better if you could please explain to us why the initial-group-of-ten stipulation is necessary in the first place. Is there a logistical reason that we can't add on people later?

Additionally, I'd like to know if there's anything that can be done to fix this situation on either party's side. I understand that there are no refunds, but would it be possible for me to start a new account and re-register everyone (at the current price, of course) along with the rest of our members and have you credit the existing payment to those accounts instead? You guys have always been really helpful in the past, so I hope that some sort of arrangement can be reached.

I've posted this to the boards because I wasn't sure whether you would see my post or my e-mail first.  I've also sent CC of this e-mail to Tony since he would know when he updated the website to include the group rewards requirements.


Check your email, I've replied to this.
Logged
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

FiliKlepto

  • Maria-sama ga Post
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 65
    • View Profile
Group Registration ???s
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2006, 01:29:10 AM »

Quote from: "MPLe"

Check your email, I've replied to this.


E-mail received and replied to in turn.  To everyone else: we've got some great staff here at Fanime, guys... ^_^  I'm so glad the issue was resolved.

Thanks again!
Logged
I want death to find me planting my cabbages.
-----------------------------------------------------
Hey, you know Mop Head?  At the Fanime '04 Saturday gameshow?  I so totally named her.  ^^"

cherryteagirl

  • Maria-sama ga Post
  • Posts: 116
    • View Profile
Group Registration ???s
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2006, 08:18:36 PM »

If we register as a group (of 10 or more people), does everyone have to get to the convention and enter at the same time?  
I'm planning to register my anime club, but I know everyone has different schedules.

Fructose

  • Inu-Posta
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 221
    • View Profile
Group Registration ???s
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2006, 09:52:25 PM »

I'm actually in a similar pickle as the one FiliKlepto described, and very well I might add. It's not really a major issue, but I was just wondering if there was a particular reason for why it has to be 10 initially, rather than just 10 total? Regardless of the answer, I still adore Fanime and absolutely appreciate all of the effort you wonderful people put in!
Logged

GokuMew2

  • Prince of Post
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 725
    • View Profile
Group Registration ???s
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2006, 07:18:14 PM »

Quote from: "cherryteagirl"
If we register as a group (of 10 or more people), does everyone have to get to the convention and enter at the same time?  
I'm planning to register my anime club, but I know everyone has different schedules.

No. Anyone can pick up their badge whenever they want, provided they have a valid photo ID. Also, you can only pick up your own badge.
Logged
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Kaori

  • Maria-sama ga Post
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 71
  • 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, It's Big NEWS!
    • View Profile
Group Registration ???s
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2006, 08:39:42 PM »

Quote from: "Fructose"
I'm actually in a similar pickle as the one FiliKlepto described, and very well I might add. It's not really a major issue, but I was just wondering if there was a particular reason for why it has to be 10 initially, rather than just 10 total? Regardless of the answer, I still adore Fanime and absolutely appreciate all of the effort you wonderful people put in!

I second that. I want the group benefits, but I registered most of my group, expecting the group benefits when I added the rest. So, seeing that was a big disappointment.

Still love Fanime! Can't wait for 07! *thumbs up*
Logged
Current Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Watanabe Kanako- Star Driver
Ayuzawa Misaki- Kaichou wa Maid-sama

cherryteagirl

  • Maria-sama ga Post
  • Posts: 116
    • View Profile
Group Registration ???s
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2006, 08:36:43 AM »

I have another question:  

I've already pre-registered and paid, but I also want to try to register my anime club so they can get the Group Bonus.  I have 10 people on my list to register.  

  :?  I was wondering if they'll still get the Group Bonus even though they aren't the initial 10 people to register?

Voiddarkness

  • Full Metal Post
  • Posts: 18
    • View Profile
Group Registration ???s
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2006, 03:45:47 PM »

I was not aware that we had to initially register 10 or more people to get the group perks.  I'm was quite saddened when I browse around and saw this
Quote
Note: Group rewards are still to be determined. Only groups that initially register with 10 or more will receive these rewards.
 I assumed that I could add more people over time until I had ten or more to get the perks.  Is there any way for me to start a new account and have the payment credited to the new account so that I can add 10 + members (and myself) at the same time to get the group benefits?
Logged
..........okay....

sailormoonhdn

  • Full Metal Post
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile
Group Registration ???s
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2006, 09:24:19 AM »

i have always had that problem. I normally register 20+ ppl but can never get them to register all at the same time to get the *perk* but its hard because not everyone have the money at the same time. A few years back, I would pay upfront first and hopefully get paid back when they said they would, but that didn't go so well. I wished we could just add people later until we can get 10, but too bad it doesn't work that way. So I registered 8 ppl for the first batch, and then 9 people later for the 2nd batch last year. Because it so hard to register everyone I pretty much gave up on the perks, since from what it looks like we don't even know what the perks are for this year. So for this year, I registered 8 ppl again for the first batch, and 5 for the second, considering Fanime is actually the week of finals now. I hope registration can go more smoothly next year.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
 

Page created in 0.309 seconds with 25 queries.