Death Note Anime October 3

Started by uzutake, September 04, 2006, 02:51:34 PM

Sunara Ishi

I got mine from live-evil...

Lol. I thought light's voice sounded familar. :3
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

-zoxan-

Watched it.

Loved it.

そã,Œã ã'でã,,ã,,

Someone buy me a PuchiPuchi Prease~

mDuo13

Watched the Live-Evil version. Lots of fun.
My roommate and I decided that Light was exactly the right bishounen to receive the Death Note.

uzutake

Yeah! More Death Note Fans! XD

ced1106

Any good links to reviews or such about the manga?

aka. Washu! ^O^
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

uzutake

Quote from: "ced1106"Any good links to reviews or such about the manga?

aka. Washu! ^O^

Well, of course I'm gonna come to Anime News Network. Here's a very detailed review for the volume 1 of the manga: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/reviews/display.php?id=861

And here's a good blog about the anime, if you're interested:
http://www.basugasubakuhatsu.com/blog/2006/10/03/death-note-anime-first-impressions-preview/

ININ

I saw the first episode.  I was impressed big time watching the first 15 minutes.  I expect the series to kick butt  :D

Adding Death Note to my manga wish list.

OniCourseMusha

WOW! Writing a person's name in style! *Random criminal falls off the building*
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

KimaLucifer

Why do people NEVER seem to touch the comic before the anime *shakes fist*

The only thing I like is how Kira is the jerk he was in the Comics. The voice suits him well also.
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

LastElixir

i love series that start AFTER the manga is over. Atleast we won't expect to see much filler if any. This goes especially for jump. I always hated the fact most jump animes becomes filler-city while the manga is still great to read.

On a side note, im surprised that death note is what? 37 episodes? I wonder if they are going to stretch it a lot.

j

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "OniCourseMusha"WOW! Writing a person's name in style! *Random criminal falls off the building*

ROFLMAO.

Yeah, you have to wonder exactly how you can dot an i or cross a t like that. XD I loved the cinematography for that part, though, where he's writing the names and the camera's all shaky.
epic progressive

vox

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: "KimaLucifer"Why do people NEVER seem to touch the comic before the anime *shakes fist*
It happens. Its hard to hear about good series other than word of mouth or random sampling. And good series are hard to find subbed all the way. D:

BTW, I read all the manga (as one probably could already guess). XD

Though if I haven't read the manga by the time I watch the anime, its not very likely that I'd touch the manga unless I really love the series. I normally go from manga -> anime not vice versa. Its best to point a good series out to be before I watch the anime. >.< (I wonder if we should have a manga forum... >.>)
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

uzutake

Quote from: "LastElixir"i love series that start AFTER the manga is over. Atleast we won't expect to see much filler if any. This goes especially for jump. I always hated the fact most jump animes becomes filler-city while the manga is still great to read.

On a side note, im surprised that death note is what? 37 episodes? I wonder if they are going to stretch it a lot.

j

Death Note doesnt seem like it'll need that many episodes. It only has (what?) 10 volumes at MOST (right? I forget -__-)

The I'm guessing they'll introduce L maybe by the 7th-10th episode, then Misa by the...13th? Then that certain event happens that makes us all sad(RIP) might happen around the 20s-ish. Then yeah..............

LastElixir

Quote from: "uzutake"
Quote from: "LastElixir"i love series that start AFTER the manga is over. Atleast we won't expect to see much filler if any. This goes especially for jump. I always hated the fact most jump animes becomes filler-city while the manga is still great to read.

j

Death Note doesnt seem like it'll need that many episodes. It only has (what?) 10 volumes at MOST (right? I forget -__-)

The I'm guessing they'll introduce L maybe by the 7th-10th episode, then Misa by the...13th? Then that certain event happens that makes us all sad(RIP) might happen around the 20s-ish. Then yeah..............

yea its great that they have so much material to cover.

j

-zoxan-

What is this first arc second arc thingy?

BTW,

LastElixir

Quote from: "-zoxan-"What is this first arc second arc thingy?

BTW,

don't ask, don't bother if you don't know. Just let the story unfold itself as it progresses. actually, i shouldn't have said anything to begin with, my appologies.

j

-zoxan-

Quote from: "LastElixir"
Quote from: "-zoxan-"What is this first arc second arc thingy?

BTW,

don't ask, don't bother if you don't know. Just let the story unfold itself as it progresses. actually, i shouldn't have said anything to begin with, my appologies.

j

Oh, so it's got something to do with Deathnote in particular? I thought it was something that was common to all. You know, like first season second season or first stage second stage...

Sunara Ishi

Aww... you were asking what a first, second arc, etc. is.

Its mainly a story plot that starts and then comes to an end. A story that follows it would be the 2nd arc. And 3rd, 4th, etc arcs as the series goes on. I think the best I describe it as.

And yes, this is common to a lot of series. There's very few with just a single arc.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O

mDuo13

Watched ep 3 of this. I'm surprised by the amount of intelligence / seriousness that they've managed to maintain. I was worried that we would end up facing a serious lapse in intensity after the first bit, and lapse into either filler or repetition. No such thing has happened.

Tsubasa

Dyn-Anime released the first two episodes subbed in Vietnamese.  Priceless. XD
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR