the "Ask Otaku" thread

Started by otakuapprentice, September 07, 2006, 09:23:01 PM

Maya_Darling

what is the best movie ever?
What doesnt kill you comes back and tries again

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "Maya_Darling"what is the best movie ever?
oh, snap. this is gonna be a tough one, due to the fact there are alot of good movies out there, and alot of good movies coming out in the future as well. my personal opinion has it narrowed down to the following(for now):

Beerfest
V For Vendetta
Schindlers' List (everyone should see this at least once)
Unleashed
The Lake House
The Pianist
Donnie Darko
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Maya_Darling

Which is better: Vampires or Werewolves?

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "Maya_Darling"Which is better: Vampires or Werewolves?
i like werewolves, but vampires are cooler in my book: the whole immortality thing is wicked, and they have this sense of mysteriousness that is compelling.

...damn you, Angel and Interview with a Vampire.

Maya_Darling

Which is better: The movie of Interview With The Vampire or the book?

P.S. The Vampire Lestat was better :shock:

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "Maya_Darling"Which is better: The movie of Interview With The Vampire or the book?
wah, i've only seen the movie; looks like i'm gonna have to read the book now.
P.S. The Vampire Lestat was better :shock:
oh really?! i'm intrigued.

Maya_Darling

Dont bother reading Interview, but Lestat is awesome.

Who is the better Death Note character: Light or L?

ChenCzen

Quote from: "Maya_Darling"Dont bother reading Interview, but Lestat is awesome.

I know that Interview with a Vampire is mostly lies, but I still think you have to read it to enjoy the series.
Except for ending communism, slavery, nazism, and fascism, WAR HAS NEVER SOLVED ANYTHING!!

otakuapprentice

i'll take your word for it.
Who is the better Death Note character: Light or L?
between Light and L, i have to go with L; he acts so out of it sometimes, yet hes always two steps ahead of everyone else. he's a little dorky, so he's my pick; that, and im wearing nearly the exact same clothes he does right now, so yea: i'm a dork.

Kegan_Flame

Quote from: "ChenCzen"

I know that Interview with a Vampire is mostly lies, but I still think you have to read it to enjoy the series.

UUUUUG, sorry but i cannot stand Anne Rice, BLECH, she's as bad as steven king.. they bunny trail, can't stand it =/

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "Kegan_Flame"i cannot stand Anne Rice, BLECH, she's as bad as steven king.. they bunny trail, can't stand it =/
steven king is good, especially when he wrote Misery; both the book and movie were good.

Kegan_Flame

Quote from: "otakuapprentice"
Quote from: "Kegan_Flame"i cannot stand Anne Rice, BLECH, she's as bad as steven king.. they bunny trail, can't stand it =/
steven king is good, especially when he wrote Misery; both the book and movie were good.

I like the movies, i love the stories, but i cannot for the life of me stand his writing

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "Kegan_Flame"
Quote from: "otakuapprentice"

I like the movies, i love the stories, but i cannot for the life of me stand his writing.
whatever works, i guess.

Maya_Darling

ok Anne Rice does wander around in her writing, but you have to love Lestat. And if you watch Interview insted of reading it you save yourself about 200 pages of Louis whining, then you can pick up with the rest of the series

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "Maya_Darling"ok Anne Rice does wander around in her writing, but you have to love Lestat. And if you watch Interview insted of reading it you save yourself about 200 pages of Louis whining, then you can pick up with the rest of the series
still, i'll muster up the courage to go get the books and read them anyways; gotta peel my eyes away from the magic box and do something else with free time.

Maya_Darling

good idea and good luck :)

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "Maya_Darling"good idea and good luck :)
thanks; i'll need it, LOL.

mDuo13

What did you think of The Bourne Identity and The Bourne Supremacy?
Are you looking forward to The Bourne Ultimatum?

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "mDuo13"What did you think of The Bourne Identity and The Bourne Supremacy?
i skipped over Bourne Identity; it's just two hours of him going "who am i?"; went straight ahead to Bourne Supremacy, and liked it.
Are you looking forward to The Bourne Ultimatum?
yuppers.

mDuo13

Aww, but The Bourne Identity had a great car chase with a mini-cooper! And a love story! Aren't you disappointed you missed out on that?

Another bizarre question: Where did you get the $5 you gave me for this? Tell me the story of your moniez.