the "Ask Otaku" thread

Started by otakuapprentice, September 07, 2006, 09:23:01 PM

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "Mai-chan"http://forums.fanime.com/viewtopic.php?t=5660

Why haven't you signed up yet?

/spam

<3
well, that is a good question. too bad my brain left awhile ago, and right on im running on emergency brain cells. oh wait, my brain just came back, maybe it can answer it now...*puts brain back in*...ah, much better.

well, i have been considering about helping out with the fanimaid cafe, but right now i am trying to see if i can be one of the hosts for Stage Zero next year, and if that does come to fruition, then i would be unable to help you out there.
but if my plans fail, then i would be more than happy to help you out with the cafe. until then, keep me as a possibility.

Quote from: "Sucrose"What Do You Do with a B.A. in English?
uhh...show it off to people? i don't know?! why the hell do you need a B.A. in english if you can already speak the damn language?! jeez...
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

G.I.R

Who invented the "Spork"?  Why isn't it called a "Foon" instead?

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "G.I.R"Who invented the "Spork"?  Why isn't it called a "Foon" instead?
amazingly, it seems the spork goes all the way back to medieval times. back then, it wasnt called a soprk and it was somewhat different from what we have today. but it seems that, according to various sources, that the spork was invented aronud the time of World War II. who it was that invented it, i'm not really sure of...

seriouslly, who the hell would call it a "Foon"? just imagine going to the store, looking for picnic utensils and saying to yourself, "where the hell are the damn Foons?" it just doesn't sound right.

gmontem

What should I eat today? Why am I always stabbing people?
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "gmontem"What should I eat today? Why am I always stabbing people?
be random and pick the first thing you see in your fridge.

why are you always stabbing people?? probably because you were meant to stab a certain number of people before you have a revelation or something like that. I will use an episode of Futurama to try to explain this.
during one episode, Fry was, if i am correct, addicted to coffee and was drinking nothing but coffee, coffee, coffee. around the end of the show in the middle of a building fire, when he finished drinking his 100th cup of coffee(he drank a 100 cups of coffee in that episode), everything around him started to move slower than him; in other words, he was so jived up on coffee, he was moving at super-fast speed.

Hope the helps, Commander Stabs-A-Lot.

G.I.R

Where is Effigy?  I Always hear about people getting burned there.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "G.I.R"Where is Effigy?  I Always hear about people getting burned there.
Effigy is not a place, and no one gets burned, i think. i will use the help of Wikipedia to answer this one, since it has the most accurate description of an "effigy"...

QuoteAn effigy is a representation of a person, especially in the form of sculpture.

The term is usually associated with full-length figures of a deceased person depicted in stone or wood on church monuments. These most often lie prone with hands together in prayer, but may also be recumbant, kneeling in prayer or even standing. Effigies may also be (half) demi-figures and the term is occasionally used to refer to a bust, for example: "the coin bears an effigy of Lincoln".

A different type of effigy is used in some religious rituals to represent an undesired person or spirit. The effigy is burned as a sign of the participants' shared intent to banish the represented element from their lives. The best known British example is the burning of an effigy made of straw and/or old clothing depicting the 17th century Catholic conspirator, Guy Fawkes.

Hope That Helps!!

Jyunishinsho

WHAT DO WE DO WITH TEH MADNESS?!?!?!
IS THERE NO END!?!?!?!

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "Jyunishinsho"WHAT DO WE DO WITH TEH MADNESS?!?!?!
IS THERE NO END!?!?!?!
i'm not sure what you mean by "madness", since there are many different types of madness in the world, with different way of dealing with them.

i believe The Matrix Revolutions put it quite nicely:
Quote"Where there is a Beginning, there will always be an End."

Jyunishinsho

Quote from: "otakuapprentice"
Quote from: "Jyunishinsho"WHAT DO WE DO WITH TEH MADNESS?!?!?!
IS THERE NO END!?!?!?!
i'm not sure what you mean by "madness", since there are many different types of madness in the world, with different way of dealing with them.

i believe The Matrix Revolutions put it quite nicely:
Quote"Where there is a Beginning, there will always be an End."

That was what they said about the Big Bang also;

We started off as nothing.
Then it blew up.

Which bring me to my next question...

Why does stamp glue taste magically delicious?!?

Barnes

Why did I headbang to Achillies Last Stand (Led Zeppelin)?
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

zoupzuop2

Answer Stolen:
'cos that's just what you DO to get the Led out.

Why is Oingo Boingo so awesome?
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "zoupzuop2"Answer Stolen:
'cos that's just what you DO to get the Led out.

Why is Oingo Boingo so awesome?
because your willpower lets them be.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "Jyunishinsho"Why does stamp glue taste magically delicious?!?
hmm....if you are the only one that thinks that, you need to go see a liscensed doctor...immediately. and stop stalking the post office...they have been told not to sell anymore stamps to you....

gmontem

Why is no one posting in my YOU FAIL thread?

i feel so loved!

Barnes

Why did zoupzuop2 steal the answer?
Why do people quote with pics?(It slows some peoples computer down. Its anouying).
:evil:
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

gmontem

Why is Barnes annoyed of people quoting pics when he himself is not annoyed of the animated 528KB GIF in his sig?  :roll:

i feel so loved!

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "gmontem"Why is no one posting in my YOU FAIL thread?
because YOU FAIL!......and you said for everyone to post at the end of the day.

Quote from: "Barnes"Why did zoupzuop2 steal the answer?
Why do people quote with pics?(It slows some peoples computer down. Its anouying). Evil or Very Mad
he stole the answer because i forgot to run the firewall, and he got through the defenses.
why do they post with pics? because the pics are often funny.

Quote from: "Gmontem"Why is Barnes annoyed of people quoting pics when he himself is not annoyed of the animated 528KB GIF in his sig?
dunno....i need to research that one.

Ayanami Rei First Child

How can I be sure to be invited to ALL of the Girls Night Out stuff? @.@

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "Ayanami Rei First Child"How can I be sure to be invited to ALL of the Girls Night Out stuff? @.@
first off, you need to be a girl to go to the "Girls Night Out" gatherings. you'll have a hard time getting into these if you arent a girl(unless you're Loktera...). you need to post more and try to attend some of the regular gatherings so we can meet you at least. try to be at some of the regular Fani-chats, so you can see just how random we really are. other than that, the rest is secluded in mystery....