New Eva Movies...

Started by platinum edge, September 10, 2006, 12:55:56 AM

platinum edge

Article here.  Thoughts?  Opinions?  Discuss.
Always chase after your dreams, and never forget why you are pursuing them.

VictimX

I'm always a fan for evangelion but one thing I've been wondering... when are they going to release the live action anime adaptaion of Evangelion? So a $100-120 million dollar movie, how will it do? They have had the project on hold for so long its tense waiting for the final cut to come out or at least a date for when.

Emerge

great...my brain just winded down from the rape it received from the series itself (it took 4 years...but it finally got over it). now it's in for some shellshock...super.

hehe, joking aside, i want to watch it. im probably gonna understand about 5% of it...but thats ok. its good to speculate on things like this

LinLinLucy

hasn't gainax/adv films beaten that horse enough already?!

platinum edge

Quote from: "LinLinLucy"hasn't gainax/adv films beaten that horse enough already?!

Personally, I'd say that the Gundam franchise would be the one beating a dead horse, although I admit that Gainax does churn out quite a bit of "new" Eva merchandise each year.  If you look at, Eva has only one 26 ep series, a few movies, a couple of games, and a bunch of small merchandise.  Now take a look at the gundam world.  There are numerous series and a variety of different "alternate universes", various movies, numerous games, tons of models, ect.

I guess if you want some concrete info:

ANN's info about Evangelion.

ANN's info about Gundam. (Note that this list doesn't include G Gundam, Gundam Wing, Turn A, Seed, ect).

This is just my opinion, so please correct me if I've made a mistake anywhere.
Always chase after your dreams, and never forget why you are pursuing them.

mDuo13

Well, to be fair, a lot of the Gundam material is mostly unrelated except in the vaguest of concepts (plus the name thing).

Until we know more about what the deal is with the new Eva stuff, it's too early to say whether it's beating a dead horse.

Personally, I'm not all that interested, being as I didn't care so much about Eva originally, but at least fans of the original series can be assured that many of the same staff will be returning.

LinLinLucy

Quote from: "mDuo13"Well, to be fair, a lot of the Gundam material is mostly unrelated except in the vaguest of concepts (plus the name thing).

Until we know more about what the deal is with the new Eva stuff, it's too early to say whether it's beating a dead horse.

Personally, I'm not all that interested, being as I didn't care so much about Eva originally, but at least fans of the original series can be assured that many of the same staff will be returning.

I mean come one, they've already relesed the anime twice already, just for the fact they had to re-edit the original anime to make it "better" [sound wise etc]. The series is fine how it is, so what if it doesnt make any sense... with these new movies it'll just make too much sense and people wont like it because its retarted/aka they understand it too much... they should just say....  "Blue=bad" "Humans=bad"

blah blah blah

VictimX

I know that the movies based on games/anime/comics never really measure up to the originals as how can you fit such a story into two hours and that the movie will most likely not do justice to the series but never the less I'd like to see what they do in the end.

Moogleborg

Well, since the first two of those four EVA movies are more like a retelling of the series, then i'd like to see how those go. But of course, i'm interested with the last two movies as well! ^^ Bring back all of the original seiyuu cast in it and i'll be definitely satisfied! ^^ At least it'll keep me hungry for EVA until the live action movie comes out! (That is if it DOES come out...)
Running on moé, 24/7/365.