The best thing about Fanime...

Started by uzutake, September 24, 2006, 08:20:12 PM

What is the best thing about Fanime/anime conventions?

Watching Anime
0 (0%)
Watching Hentai/Yaoi
0 (0%)
Being with people who accept you/like the same things you do
11 (26.2%)
Cosplaying
9 (21.4%)
Meeting famous/well-known people
2 (4.8%)
Merchandise
1 (2.4%)
Random Fun/Weirdness
9 (21.4%)
Friends
6 (14.3%)
Love for Anime
4 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: September 24, 2006, 08:20:12 PM

uzutake

Or just anime conventions in general is...

Well, for me it's the cosplaying. Being in the presence of cosplayers(like being in the presence of the characters themselves), the whole fun of it, and showing off something you made/bought/wearing and being proud.

What do you think is the best thing about Fanime/anime conventions?

~~Loktera~~

For me it's the fact that there are so many like-minded people, you almost get the strange feeling like everyone there is Family.. In one way or another.

We are all very close, we do have our fights and disagreements... But ultimately, we are all one and the same.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

ININ

Hanging around with your friends and meeting new people.  Also cosplaying and taking pics of cosplayers XD

Next year I plan to stay at a hotel.  I hope 2007 is the best Fanime for me ^_^

Jyunishinsho

I go to an anime convention
Because it makes me happy.
It makes me smile, so much I even feel like crying.
I love anime.
I love the people I met.

gmontem

It's an escape from my boring life.  I don't see the whole family thing in Fanime.  More than 99% of the people I see roaming around the convention don't know me, don't give a crap about me, and/or wouldn't touch me with a 50-ft pole. Hehe.
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

Sora

To hang out, cosplay, and just have fun! :D
"Don't give me any orders."

Barnes

Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

astroboy

The best thing about Fanime...

1) Having the power to warp time and space. For example instead of saying Friday, you say "the first day of the con." Instead of saying Willow Glen room 2 and 3 just say "con-ops".

2) Being able to walk into a Vietnamese restaurant in San Jose and seeing Rei Ayanami.

3) Two words: Asian Film

4) If one of the locals asks you what is going on? You say, "This is Fanime, it's an anime con." If they give you a confused look just explain, "It's like a slumber party where 8,000 people show up."  :wink:

Shi_Musouka

All of the above for me, though I could still live without meeting guests of honors. I dunno how to explain this... but it just brings me a feeling a joy and excitement to be around the people with the same interests as me. I see everyone as part of one big happy family, friend or foe. I also love meeting all the new people there and making friends.

So yea. it's basically the love of anime that keeps me coming back each year.

XpHoBiaX

I like meeting people and having my picture taken and taking pics with people. I like making new friends and being around people who love what i love. I love to see the cosplayers and guests of honor too. But I really like just hanging out with people and making friends.

XeNo

I like seeing people who like the same interests I have, and not being afraid to show it and be themselves. I felt like I could get along with pretty much every one I saw there. Because everyone is so open and friendly and so much stuff is going on at once.

And I like Fanime, because it gives me somewhere to go and just have fun with friends. Then when it's over I wish I could go back.

It's cool to see people cosplay and display their costumes and people so eager to cosplay and take pictures of other cosplayers. I don't cosplay myself but it makes me happy to see that other people enjoy it so much.

Emerge

you forgot the gaming!

great import electronic entertainment with great people...what more could you ask for?

(don't answer that :? )

oh yea...and the hentai. gotta love the h-ness. especially with the people who watch it w/you. good for a laugh before you hit the sack :lol:

Krnchichiri

I got to hug Vo... and get signed stuff. (I was only there for a few hours... for one day. D: )

This year, I PLAN to:

Stay all 4 days
Meet and talk/have a discussion with one of the Mods of GaiaOnline
Watch Anime
Stay at a hotel (which will only happen if an adult stays with us. D: )
Go with friends
Have 2 different cosplay costumes.

>< Hopefully.
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

I AM AWESOME! :D

serajwl

Everyone there has a common interest, which makes it really easy to get into conversations and make new friends ^_^

deepbluevibes

KimaLucifer

Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

AngelKawaii

For me it's everything, but the major one is people liking the same thing as I do. Because at school I can't say I like anime,because people look at me wierd and laugh....(>.< sadd...)
Anyway this year is going to be crazy for me at the con, because I'm staffing, probably doing the maid caffe, the dances and trying to drag at least one friend with me.... Let's hope that one friend comes, because I don't want to wander around during break alone.

AnimeEmperor

Getting away from boring normal people and hanging out with my own kind.

Devi 1313

For me Fanime's not just about one thing. It's all about getting gussied up in costume and running around being silly and making friends. Where else other than an anime convention can you run up to strangers, take pictures and chat with them and do silly poses?
Fanime 2023:
Wario
Eda Clawthorne Season 1 & 2
Reagan Ridley

https://www.facebook.com/Devi1313

Ayanami Rei First Child

I think it's dressing up...as well as all the random crazy people you meet....getting pictures taken....along with strange and fun things....along with the major acceptance. I mean crossplayers and crossdressers are totally accepted, and it's like almost anything you are, as long as you're cool with others they'll be cool back to you.