Which anime did you really connect with?

Started by uzutake, October 02, 2006, 06:45:12 PM

WeltedWillow

There have been I few that caught my attention like that. The first anime i remember watching was Inuyasha, and I thought it was pretty cool.
Here is my top ten favourite anime list:

1. Gravitation
2. Wolf's Rain
3. E'S Otherwise
4. GetBackers
5. Pretear
6. Fake
7. Haibane Renmei
8. Hellsing
9. DN Angel
10. Loveless
{Dosu Freakin Rox!!}

rock_lee_stalker_*stalks*

aw man.. wen i was watching naruto.. that cought me like crazy.... and when i was reading love hina.. i kinda felt sorry for the guy.. he was always in the wrong place in the wrong time.. kinda like me... -_-....no i am not a freak like him... its juss the wrong place and the wrong time sitiuation..
if i am sad, make me happy, if im happy, make me sad

Sunara Ishi

NHK! XD

I see know why peeps said it was so true....
I love this show now. >.<
<3 <3 <3
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Moonblossom

I've actually just watched the first two episodes of Bartender, and it's touching me in a way no anime has in a very long time. The introspective, slightly melancholy but not outright sad mood of it is very much in line with how I'm feeling internally, for a host of reasons.

Moris_Dream

:P Oh, yeah definitely. :) Inu-Yasha was the anime that I just gaped my mouth open for....It was interesting, seeing the introduction for this beautiful and wonderful anime. :)

Same goes for the anime Gravitation. Ryuichi caught my fancy the first time I saw him. He was like.....so cute and funny and serious and child-like all at the same time and I thought, "This is so kawaii!!!"

joshness

Emotional ties:
Ah! My Goddess - First romance themed Anime I watched
Fushigi Yuugi - Loved the fact that it had both action and romance.
Kanon (Both versions) - This one made me go ouch inside
Air - This one was almost as bad
Haibane Renmei - I just loved the overall feel of the anime.
Beck-It was the first anime where I found myself rooting out loud for the characters to succeed.

The OMFGWTFBBQ! Action type emotion:
Naruto - Up until Sasuke leaves.
Bleach - To The End of the Soul Society Story Arc
Air Trek - I just want me some of those skates :P

Other mentions:
Ghost in the Shell Movie and SAC - At times it could be slow, but I thought they were really well done.
Robotech aka Macross (First season) - This was the series that got me started into anime.

LordKefka

Series

1. Gunslinger Girl...YAY!!
2. Mushishi
3. Planetes
4. Honey and Clover II
5. Monster
6. Gankutsou
7. Infinite Ryvius
8. Twin Spica
9. Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
10. Black Lagoon: Second Barrage (loli-twins arc ftw!)

Movies

1. Junker's Come Here
2. The Place Promised in Our Early: Beyond the Clouds
3. Brave Story
4. Porco Rosso
5. Millenium Actress
6. Tokyo Godfathers
7. Mind Game
8. Only Yesterday
9. Perfect Blue
10. Howl's Moving Castle

Short series/OVAs

1. Comedy
2. She and Her Cat
3. Voices of a Distant Star
4. ROD: OVA
5. Gunbuster
6. Nuku Nuku
7. Tylor (all the OVAs)
8. Blue Submarine no. 6
9. Galaxy Fraulein Yuna...>_____>;;;
10. Ruin Explorers

Top 10 Anime that touched me the wrong way most.... (just for the hell of bringin back horrible memories)

1. Samurai X: The Motion Picture (what was I thinking...)
2. Appleseed..ugh
3. Najica Blitz Tactics
4. Saikano ( yeah yeah... probably going to get a few raised eyes)
5. Ninja Resurrection
6. Itsudatte my Santa.. no one could just stfu for even one second...
7. Piano... zzzzzz
8. Genocyber
9. Tekkan... anyone remember this junk?...was worth a good laugh..
10. Fafner... although I would say it's almost in the neutral side.. bleh
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

BrightHeart76

I remember sitting down in the theatre to watch Howl's Moving Castle, thinking I was wasting my time.  That movie just floored me.  Paid to go watch it again.  I love that movie, I think it honestly changed my life!  (How sad is that?  Really) :roll:

Gotta love InuYasha, Fushigi Yuugi, Please Save My Earth, Ranma 1/2, Sailor Moon...all near and dear to my heart. :wink:
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

ip136

The first one that comes to mind, and so I guess would be the strongest one, would have to be Someday's Dreamers. A short second being Niea Under7
Clicky my Art Pwease?

Jehuty

Blew me away??? Well, I don't really identify with anime characters, so I have to say which one blew me away the most...

Probably the original Guyver OVA series...it sunk me into Anime in the first place...
PRO-DUB
ENGLISH, Mother%@#!-er, DO YOU SPEAK IT?!

Jun-Watarase

I know this topic is old, but I wanted to post in it.

The anime that really captivated me when it comes to "connection" was probably... NHK ni Yokoso!. I felt I could connect to almost all the main characters in some way. I shall type the characteristics that match mine.

Sato: He is a hikkikomori, if not nearly a complete loser in the eyes of society. No life, no friends, no talent, no purpose. He's pessimistic and questions his enviroment. He's an utter n00b at life, and doesn't exactly know what he's doing or his place in the world.

Yamazaki: He's cynical and paranoid. Not to mention an uber-otaku. I could only WISH to have all the things he has. I felt really gleeful when I saw titles of h-games and dating sims that I could recognize in his room. But yeah... this guy is a hypocrite, and often pessimistic, himself. Because of his label, he's an outcast in society because he seems odd.

Misaki: She's a cute girl, isn't she? But she's a school-drop out and didn't fit in at school at all. She also has a bad family life, just as I do, so you could imagine in many ways how I can connect with her. She also needed Sato to feel that she has a purpose, because without him, she'd feel like a useless vessel.

Senpai: (I don't exactly remember her name by heart, but she's Sato's senpai.) She's often apathetic with life and her surroundings. She questions the people around her, and suspects everything to be a conspiracy of some sort, but inside, she does believe that living a normal and happy life with a loving husband is a good path.

So basically... I believe anyone could relate to things like this, since they're often situations and emotions that overcome us from time to time, but when you watch the series, you feel that it's directed right at you. Like Sato, I'm a loser with no friends. Like Yamazaki, I'm an otaku and is fed up with the hardships of life. Like Misaki, I had a bad family life and I depend on someone else to feel at use in this world. Like Sato's senpai, I believe everything is a conspiracy against me, but I still want to life a happy life.

I don't want to sound emo, but maybe the fact that NHK is so tied to the harsh reality that we all face, I, myself as a viewer, can relate to it very well.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Sunara Ishi

Thats one of the things NHK is really good at... making us relate to it. XD

Yes... I also relate to Yamazaki and Sato. I also want Yamazaki's collection. XD I was becoming a lot like Sato when I was in HS...
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Nina Star 9

when i first saw cowboy bebop years ago, it really captivated me. i'm still a huge fan. i love the characters, the plot, and above all the music. the music is some serious love. <3

kino no tabi took a bit to warm up to. i was forced to watch it, took about a month to watch the entire first episode, but then when i was forced to watch the second episode... it really got me. it is now probably my favourite series. the fourth episode really got to me, and the whole idea of the series is something that i really love.

and for the third and last anime that i like, which is red garden. (yeah, i know, but i don't really say that i like anime, in fact i rather dislike most of it that i have seen. :P so why am i here? good question. XD) it took me a few months to start watching it (i only heard of it because my favourite band did the opening theme), and when i read a summary of it (looking for something related to the opening theme, i am sure...), i thought it sounded intresting. so i watched it, and loved it. though... there is way too much drama and angst for my tastes in the series. >>; this does not rank nearly as high as the other two anime that i like, and i think that if the idea of it was executed better, it could be a really awesome series on par with kino.

OmegaPhlare

When I went to Fanimecon 2006; At one of the video programming rooms I discovered Shuffle!. I walked into the middle of the first episode and didn't think much of the series, but when they started the next episode I was shizzpwnt by the opening theme. Later that week I downloaded the whole series and was shizzpwnt again by Kaede's arc.

When the model ship gets broken and Kaede learns the truth. That was was the most amazing thing I have seen in an anime.

Other than that, Trigun rocked. I can't even look at beach sand anymore without thinking "Sandy Planet". I like how at the end of each episode some kind of truth is narrated by the voice actor doing Vash. I'm not a fan of science fiction, but this science fiction is my favorite. Humankind looking for a new planet to live; It gives me hope when I know about the Sun's fate of ending up a white dwarf.

JoButt

I really connected with Eureka 7, ranging from knowing how Talho, Renton, or even how Holland feels.  I love that anime, because it has morals and stuff.  But I would've liked to seen more with Talho/Holland Anemone/Dominic... But it is called EUREKA seven....

short_storiesgl

Dance Staff Second

InsaneChan

The anime that STILL blows me away every time I see it is Kaleido Star. Its so unique and incredible, it never ceases to amaze me. The story, the creativity, and all the trials Sora endures kept me guessing while on the edge of my seat the entire time. And it really makes you want to believe.

Emotionally, I really was taken back by [spoilers?] the ep of FMA where Hughes died. They did a really good job of portraying all the characters feelings so that you could like..feel it too when you were watching.

Then there's Spirited Away. It was such a great story and was told so well. No one but Miyazaki could have done it. I wanted to cry for joy in the end where Chihiro helped Haku remember his name and then they're both falling from the sky holding hands..=^= *sniff* So..Beautiful!
Love. Life. fANIME.

short_storiesgl

Quote from: InsaneChan
Emotionally, I really was taken back by [spoilers?] the ep of FMA where Hughes died. They did a really good job of portraying all the characters feelings so that you could like..feel it too when you were watching.

Dance Staff Second

deonchan

For me it was GTO

(also helps that I'm in school to become a teacher)
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

short_storiesgl

Dance Staff Second