Ranma Masquerade Skit '07 Mind-Dump

Started by zoupzuop2, October 15, 2006, 11:02:13 PM

zoupzuop2

Quote from: "BunofGovt"woop, I was partially teasing there.  I know everyone needs a break now and then  :wink:
Ah, fair enough. My apologies if I snapped at you.
Quote from: "BunofGovt"Captain Commerciallot could work but you need to have the commercials in mind and fit the fighting around them.  For instance, a commercial for spaghetti sauce:  in the fight, Ranma tries to throw a lasso around the Captain who grabs the end, twirls it around Ranma, then whips out a bottle of sauce from his jacket pocket and pours it on Ranma's head while screaming Tasty sauce, good on all pastas, or something like that.  The Captain might actually fight with food commercials, then at the end, whip out paper towels to sell a quick cleanup, throw water on Ranma and Ryoga who transform into  female Ranma and P-Chan.  The Captain is distracted trying to chase P-Chan into a commercial for ginzu knives and they run off stage chased by everyone else.  Actually, this sounds messy and I'm hungry now.  Okay skip the food ideas, but as long as you know what items to have commercials for and then work the fights around them.

Lasso or rope - spaghetti or spaghetti sauce
    Umbrella (Ryoga's) - Actually could grab the umbrella, open it to show it to audience saying 'buy umbrellas to ward off the rain and other elements' and then bop Ryoga on the head with it.
    School bag - Grab Ranma's or Akane's and say 'leather is best for bags, holds everything you need for school including a student' and then open the bag and cover Ranma's head with it.
    What could Ranma throw or use in a fight against the Captain?  If he threw Hot Pockets, the captain could catch the Hot Pockets, say how tasty they are and throw them at Ranma's dad who catches them and eats them.
ah, I need dinner.  Hope this helps.
Excellent ideas for commercials. I was thinking more along the lines of maybe a few more famous commercials, maybe something like the Tylenol commercials. Sort'a like...

Ranma: GAW! <He's just been hit in the head by... something, I dunn'o. 0_o>
Captain: Why, do YOU have head pains, my friend? <Playing it up>
Ranma: <Caught up in it> Boy, do I ever!
Akane: <Scoffs> Ugh!
Captain: Then YOU need Tylenol for Martial Artists, now in Geltabs! Only 29¾ doses relieve your direst head pain for 35 seconds before you die of overdose! <Turns to audience, smiles> Tylenol for Martial Artists! Not for children under 187. <Proceeds to thwack Ranma when he's about to take some pills for himself>
Ranma: DWAAH! That's it, punk! You're goin' down!
<and so on>

Or...
Ranma: <Catches Captain trying to run off> HEY! I'm not DONE with you yet.
Captain: Really! Not goin' anywhere for a while?
Ranma: <Lets go> Yeah.
Captain: Grab a Snickers. <Smile>
Ranma: Do you REALLY think I'm--Oooh, candy.
<Ranma grabs for the candy bar, but is grabbed himself and thrown either to the ground or into a wall or something. OH! Or, he does a judo throw, slamming Ranma to the floor.>

Or, even BETTER...
<Akane and Ranma have nearly defeated Captain, and are ready to deliver the final blow>
Ranma: Ha! Now you're not so tough, are 'ya! Better say your prayers!
Captain: Oh, don't count on THAT yet, boy!
Ranma: What, you got some sort'a super special move or somethin'?
Captain: No. But I just saved a bunch of money on car insurance by switching to Geico. <Smiles at audience, Ranma and Akane proceed to knock him out>

Essentially, general plot:
QuoteRanma is challenged by Captain Commerciallot, a martial artist whose techniques are, essentially, just distracting the opponent with either famous commercials or parodies of them. Akane and Ranma join forces just enough to defeat Captain, who has just enough energy to pull one more commercial before he's done.
I'm sure I'm missing some pretty good commercials to parody. If anyone's got one or two that I've missed or that would work real well, please, don't hesitate!
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

zoupzuop2

BUMP for great justice.

I've compiled a list of some famous commercial slogans I could have Commerciallot use in the skit. If there's some that I should throw in or replace some of these with, please don't hesitate to say them! I won't be using all of these, but I intend on using some...

"It keeps going and going and going..." (Energizer)
    "A diamond is forever." (De Beers)
    "impossible is nothing." (Adidas)
    "Not going anywhere for a while? Grab a Snickers." (Snickers)
    "I just saved a bunch of money on Car insurance by switching to Geico!" (Geico)
    "There's always room for Jell-o!" (Jell-o)
    "Think outside the bun." (Taco Bell)
    "Only you can prevent forest fires." (Smokey the Bear)
    (Some sort of parody of medicine ads)(Tylenol)
Smokey's line isn't particularly an AD, persay, which Ranma and Akane will end up using to their advantage, or at least at this rate, that's how it's planned.

If I could get Commerciallot to use about 5 or 6 in a quick, successive string or about 4 in extended points, I should be able to get a good skit's length of material from it.

If there's another type of villain that would work better in a skit, I could probably use that instead. If anyone has any sudden epiphanies and/or inspirations, if it'll make for a great, funny skit, go for it!
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

ranma12

sorry got grounded so couldn't help hehe
anyway how about a genie? like you know they gant any 3 wishes well Every 1 get the geine and they have to all agree on three wishes ... and like they dont mean too but they make random and odd wishes and worrie about how to use the last one to change them all back to normal or somthing idk if again this made any sence but its sounded good at the time XD

Ayanami Rei First Child

Wow! That commercial stuff is actually pretty cool ^_^

zoupzuop2

Quote from: "ranma12"sorry got grounded so couldn't help hehe
anyway how about a genie? like you know they gant any 3 wishes well Every 1 get the geine and they have to all agree on three wishes ... and like they dont mean too but they make random and odd wishes and worrie about how to use the last one to change them all back to normal or somthing idk if again this made any sence but its sounded good at the time XD
Now, I was ABOUT to rebut the idea of a genie, but this actually led me to think... maybe if...

Quote from: "Idea"Ranma is walking down the street with Akane when a key with a small piece of paper attached to it falls and hits his head. Upon reading the paper, Ranma discovers that it's able to grant the user one wish--as long as they keep it away from any acids, solvents, politicians, or other things that could otherwise destroy this fragile key! So he prepares to make his wish-- and Kuno strikes it out of his hands and grabs it for himself. Then Shampoo knocks HIM over, then... the Nerima Wrecking Crew all tries to get their hands on the key...

Wow. Actually, I rather like that idea. Heck...
...tell y'all what. I'll keep the thread open for about a few days longer for possible skit ideas. When that period's up, I'll look over the submitted ideas, then pick which one I think would best suit a skit. (Meaning, you may have come up with an excellent idea, but if it wouldn't fit on a stage with only a few actors and a few minutes, I wouldn't choose it.)
I'll write up scripts for both that idea and the Captain Commerciallot idea. Then, if one isn't obviously phenomenal by the time I've finished both, I'll submit both of them to the forums, with a poll option to vote for the better of the two. At the end of a week (or two... I'll decide the length when I put them up), I'll see the results and the script that has the most votes shall be developed further into the skit! Sound savvy?

zoupzuop2

Okay, I'm droppin' the Commerciallot idea. Taking a look at the scope of what it would take, it'd be WELL over 3 minutes, and take FAR too much effort. Thus, Commerciallot will either have to die, or be revived in someone else's 3-Minute video.

What I have chosen to draft, however, are the scripts for the following ideas:
*Ranma and the Key to Chaos: A magic key falls down from the sky that will grant the wisher one wish. In other words, a slow day in Nerima.
*Ranma in Fandom's Wild Abandon: Ranma and Akane, foolishly following Ryoga's directions to the Bank, end up at FanimeCon '07. Ranma learns what a glomp is, the HARD way.

ranma12

Quote from: "zoupzuop2"Okay, I'm droppin' the Commerciallot idea. Taking a look at the scope of what it would take, it'd be WELL over 3 minutes, and take FAR too much effort. Thus, Commerciallot will either have to die, or be revived in someone else's 3-Minute video.

What I have chosen to draft, however, are the scripts for the following ideas:
*Ranma and the Key to Chaos: A magic key falls down from the sky that will grant the wisher one wish. In other words, a slow day in Nerima.
*Ranma in Fandom's Wild Abandon: Ranma and Akane, foolishly following Ryoga's directions to the Bank, end up at FanimeCon '07. Ranma learns what a glomp is, the HARD way.
oh oh the glomp idea i love it haha. but either to add or somthing to it but i was also thinking maybe we should have Ranma getting (glomped or tackeld w/e) by crazy fangirls! and then akane get jellous! which make ryoga jellous which makes that pig girl jellous (or somthin like that but smaller idk just w/e haha

zoupzuop2

Quote from: "ranma12"oh oh the glomp idea i love it haha. but either to add or somthing to it but i was also thinking maybe we should have Ranma getting (glomped or tackeld w/e) by crazy fangirls!
One step ahead of you, my friend-ette.
[quote="ranma12] and then akane get jellous! which make ryoga jellous which makes that pig girl jellous (or somthin like that but smaller idk just w/e haha[/quote]
Hmmm. Maybe not the angle I'm gunnin' for.

Y'know what? The scripts will be posted in a new thread. COMMENTARY WILL BE PLACED HERE!

zoupzuop2

It's been a while, hasn't it?

Unfortunately, other things have come into my life right now. As such, I simply can't invest time in this idea. My sincerest apologies to whomever was hoping for this to come through.

Unless someone wants to run the show and would like my supervision, or the thread warrants discussion, it is now dead. If deletion is necessary, be it so.