Saimoe 2006 - ウワァ━。゚(゚´Д`゚)゚。━ン!

Started by Spiritsnare, October 17, 2006, 08:13:05 AM

Spiritsnare

I figured I might as well bring the discussion out into the open, regardless of how late I was. XD This topic has, at least, been made in time for the final block, post-shuffle.

For those who don't know: the Anime Saimoe Tournament 2006 is basically a popularity contest to see which anime girl is the most appealing. Girls are first nominated to be in the tournament; from there, they are shufffled into three-person groups and have people vote on who they like in the group, based on anything they want. Votes because you love a character due to 'supporting contents', or fan-made content canon or otherwise, are encouraged; for example, a vote for Tsuruya because you like Churuya is acceptable...nyoro~n.

Update: The semifinal matches are as follows. Names are given in Japanese order when applicable. Dates are now fixed. :D

Final Round | Saturday, October 28

Suiseiseki (Rozen Maiden Traumend) - 2306
vs.
Fate Testarossa (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's) - 2239

Past bracket results can be found here.

Let us begin discussion! Who do you want to see crowned champion? :D Fate. <3 If not, then Yuki. <3
epic progressive

vox

Sunara Ishi

るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Tsubasa

I've been following this for a while now.  Overall, very good results thusfar.  I can basically agree with everyone who cleared the initial half-blocks.  I can't necessarily say that I agree with some block finals eliminations (notably Nanoha & Alice), but overall, things are still pretty good.

At this point, I'm rooting for Fate all the way.  Aside from that, then I guess Chikaru cause Strawberry Panic! doesn't get enough love*.  And then Yuki.

*On that note, I'm terribly disappointed that Tamao lost yesterday/today.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Sucrose

Yu-KI! Yu-KI! Yu-KI! (I'd come up with something a little more creative, but my brain fails me.) After that, maybe Mion.
In mammals, Sucrose is digested in the stomach, into its component sugars, by acidic hydrolysis. The Glucose and Fructose are then absorbed into the bloodstream in the small intestine. (Lactose just isn't cool enough to enter into it.)

Spiritsnare

Images and past results now up. :D

Also, for the time being, ignore that little blemish on the bottom of the Chikaru vs. Rin one -- I messed up in extracting Rin from her relatively complex background. ^^;
epic progressive

vox

LastElixir

i dunno bout u guys im but im STILL pissed that Raising Heart lost.

i guess i have to root for fate or rin.

j

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "LastElixir"i dunno bout u guys im but im STILL pissed that Raising Heart lost.

IT COMES

LOL
epic progressive

vox

mDuo13

Is it just me, or is the character encoding on the voting page messed up?

(Also, they seem to think that foreigners are voting more than once, because foreign votes are flocking towards certain series. I think it's more likely an issue of foreigners being familiar with a smaller range of series.)

And no, I don't agree with a lot of the calls here: Eri above Tsuruya? Boo. I think Eri is maybe the most moe character in School Rumble, but I don't think that's saying very much when it's put in the same league as Haruhism. That said, I think Kyon's sister made it improbably far - she's just too kidlike if you ask me. I'd've picked Karen (against my earlier comment on School Rumble) over her, or even Nerine.

Now, I've never seen Nanoha, but I'm definitely a much bigger fan of Mai, based on the artwork I've seen.

Also, Suigintou is good, but Saber is so, so much better.

And Erstin Ho over Ilyasviel? Boo. Erstin was a wimp.

Then, Belldandy lost to two girls I've never heard of. That's a shame.

Finally: Etna lost in the first round? What. The heck. Shizuru sucks.

Seriously, three of my favorite characters on this list didn't even make it past the first round, and Saber didn't make it past the second. So much for my taste in moe.

LastElixir

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
Quote from: "LastElixir"i dunno bout u guys im but im STILL pissed that Raising Heart lost.

IT COMES

LOL

AT GREAT SPEED (oh dear)

j

Tsubasa

Going into the tourney this year, Nanoha was my favorite.  I wanted her to take top honors two years in a row.  I lament her loss, but in her absence, at least Fate can bring home the gold for the series.

Lets hear it for Lindy Hallaoun and Takamachi Momoko (both from Nanoha)! XD  I think it's awesome they're on the list at all.

I am saddened that some of my favorites didn't make it further: Komaki Manaka (ToHeart2), Tsukamoto Yakumo (School Rumble), Vita (Nanoha A's), Yagami Hayate (Nanoha A's), Alicia Florence (ARIA), etc.  But I can understand why they didn't advance.

Strawberry Panic! made a much bigger showing than I expected.  I never ever expected anyone to make it to quarters.  I'm glad it's Chikaru though: my favorite girl in the series.  Too bad Yaya didn't get very far.

Overall, it seems that Nanoha, Rozen Maiden, and Haruhi were the heavy hitters this year.  Interesting how they distributed characters in such a way that they had to face off against characters from the same series.  Nanoha vs. Fate, Suiseiseki vs. Suigintou, and Mikuru vs. Yuki were pretty big matches.  I wonder if they planned it out that way to get a better distribution of series.  I honestly didn't expect all the characters to be of different series in the quarters.

Quote from: "mDuo13"And no, I don't agree with a lot of the calls here: Eri above Tsuruya? Boo. I think Eri is maybe the most moe character in School Rumble, but I don't think that's saying very much when it's put in the same league as Haruhism.
I disagee and side with the actual result.  Although Yakumo would have been a better Sukuran candidate if you ask me, but she had the misfortune of being placed in the block with Mikuru.

Quote from: "mDuo13"Now, I've never seen Nanoha, but I'm definitely a much bigger fan of Mai, based on the artwork I've seen.
I suggest you watch the series first.

Quote from: "mDuo13"Then, Belldandy lost to two girls I've never heard of. That's a shame.
Raising Heart is totally more moe than Belldandy. XD
-Tsubasa

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "LastElixir"

IT COMES

LOL

AT GREAT SPEED (oh dear)

j

Did I ever mention that out of boredom in Spanish 2 class, I drew Bardiche and Raising Heart talking to each other in a perverted way?

"Call me...sex toy. <3"
"Get set. <3"
"All right...my master. <3"

This, I also imparted to Ryu...>.>
epic progressive

vox

LastElixir

Quote from: "LastElixir"

IT COMES

LOL

AT GREAT SPEED (oh dear)

j

Did I ever mention that out of boredom in Spanish 2 class, I drew Bardiche and Raising Heart talking to each other in a perverted way?

"Call me...sex toy. <3"
"Get set. <3"
"All right...my master. <3"

This, I also imparted to Ryu...>.>

lol

ok, so after checking ANN, raising heart and bardiche are both done by english-speaking actors. Why can't they correct the English? WHY!?
I guess it's under their contract that they can't interfere with the script? lol

j

Spiritsnare

Updated: Eri has been beaten by Shana by a 151-vote margin.

Tomorrow's (today's? XD) match will be an epic one.
epic progressive

vox

Spiritsnare

Updated: Yuki loses to Suiseiseki by 158 votes.

This, of course, places all of my power behind Fate...Yuki was my secondary. :(
epic progressive

vox

Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Chun"WHAT?! Yuki should have had it in the bag D:

I agree, but I suppose we mustn't discount Suiseiseki being pretty powerful.
epic progressive

vox

Tsubasa

I'm disappointed Yuki was eliminated before semis.  Weak.

Fate all the way! XD

Chikaru as far as she can go without interferring with Fate! XD;
-Tsubasa

mDuo13

THIS CANNOT BE! IT IS IMPOSSIBLE!

I have officially lost all faith in the accuracy of this "tournament".

Magical Senpai

LastElixir

this news is pretty surprising. But Suiseiseki is my favorite from RM so I'm not too sad. But I have to root for FATE on this one.

j