Fanime Dance stuff.

Started by bucac, October 18, 2006, 11:01:07 PM

protocol7

Quote from: Hyorin! on June 03, 2008, 12:51:36 PM
I agree with putting in a separate dance room for Hip Hop/Funk/etc. From what I witnessed while watching cyphers on the dance floor, there was much hostility between the ravers and breakers/poppers/lockers.

I was there both Friday and Sunday and saw nothing of the sort.. In fact, just about EVERYONE in the place wanted/accepted the glowsticks I was giving out :)
FanimeCons resident zombie.
*I* MADE this happen!

Yunri-Chan

Of the three years I've attended the Fanime raves, this year was the best, by FARRR. :3 I went all three nights (stayed until 2 for Fri & Sat, then Sun to the end ♥); I was the Asian girl in shorts and a navy (white on Sat) cami, I think I saw some of you guys in the circles. They were generally really fun this year, aside from some annoying people who wouldn't get out. I still have bruises from people breakdancing/stepping on me, but it's my fault for sitting on the floor like -2 ft away from the bboys, ahah. 8[; (OniCourseMusha, I'm still lol-ing at the whole DDR pad thing on Friday xD)

The music for Saturday night was kind of dead at times, but overall I really really liked it! And THANK YOU for giving out the DJ Sandman CDs at the end! ♥ I can't wait for next year (or con), love you guys~
ℓα ℓαℓ αℓα~
ccs sakura [9O%]
hatsune miku [9O%]
secret! [9O%]
2O1O? ideas pending ~
私は愛する~사랑해 × loveyou ♡
synesthesia C:

Kaura117

Quote from: protocol7 on June 04, 2008, 10:09:41 AM
Quote from: Hyorin! on June 03, 2008, 12:51:36 PM
I agree with putting in a separate dance room for Hip Hop/Funk/etc. From what I witnessed while watching cyphers on the dance floor, there was much hostility between the ravers and breakers/poppers/lockers.

I was there both Friday and Sunday and saw nothing of the sort.. In fact, just about EVERYONE in the place wanted/accepted the glowsticks I was giving out :)

Aye. Which was a relief for me, as I forgot to get any this year. >_> How could I forget them- I need 'em to flail around like a spastic maniac!

DJ_Sandman

Overall even through tech difficulties and such I had a blast seeing all of you at dance!  To those two who were dancing near the booth when Ode To Joy played that did the Dr. Steel salute, much respect to the both of you.  I also wanted to say that I hope that those of you that got my CD's that night we were giving them out that you enjoyed them ^_^

Peace, Love, and T-Rex!

Dj Stormy Rayner

I agree, everyone looked good out there it was the best Dance i have seen yet. the crowd was very mature and you guys dancing you acted like you know how the Dancefloor works not everyone stood around and stared. you guys really know how to make a party happen as long as you guys on the Dancefloor and keep moving and pay attention to the music, you make the party worth it =)

Cheers,
Stormy Rayner @ http://www.myspace.com/djstormyrayner

AbsolutelyCursed

Quote from: DJ_Sandman on June 05, 2008, 12:05:12 PM
Overall even through tech difficulties and such I had a blast seeing all of you at dance!  To those two who were dancing near the booth when Ode To Joy played that did the Dr. Steel salute, much respect to the both of you.  I also wanted to say that I hope that those of you that got my CD's that night we were giving them out that you enjoyed them ^_^

Peace, Love, and T-Rex!

Got one, listened to it, enjoyed it very much!

DJ_Sandman

Awesome!  Thank you ^_^

JiiiWiz

Everyone was so polite, even the guys were acting as gentlemens ^_^ it was awesome.~
I enjoyed it! Although, my friend didn't dance since no one asked her.  I hope next year will be even better and hopefully people would ask people to join up and dance so that EVERYONE can have fun.

"Please don't.."

demichild

Dude Lets Do this again! im down to do another TAG TEAM with Dane - O
http://www.mypace.com/demichild
WORK OUT MAKE OUT MIX
http://www.box.net/shared/static/0bhf12oh6m.mp3
The Demichild ( house/ electro  / Nu Disco / Indie)
[email protected]

jinnai_animexcalibur

I'm talking with DJ Reign. Looks like I'll do another run with the Fanime dance hopefully.
For some samples of my stuff check out myspace.com/lordkatsuhikojinnai

I still mix fan mixed Anime music. I love it.
Official Katsuhiko Jinnai Myspace Page

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

AnimE'xcalibur/Shinoda Sound Recordings

www.shinodasound.com

RadioactiveKitty

Quote from: zoupzuop2 on October 19, 2006, 12:24:13 PM
You make a fair point, Bucac. Little kids probably shouldn't be exposed to that sort of thing. Maybe if there was a warning posted or something?

However, techno and rave are fairly common in an anime fan's list of favorite genres, for the most part. Even if not, it sure can be fun to dance to. Such is the way modern dances go, although a few 80's hits make their way into even the most modern of dance halls (thank goodness).

although it is good for little kids to be exposed to Raving, and discos so they know the dangers of them. I am a raver myself, and have seen many thing. I PREFER this one coz it is hardly dangerous... so if i were a parent i would take my child to this one.

RadioactiveKitty

ok so if you have not noticed Bucac, if you are indeed an オタク (Otaku), that many listen to dance, pop, electronic... what ever. many are prolly never going to expiriance a rave EVER. and having been to MANY raves myself... this is NOTHING from what i have seen. one taking off his or her shirt... i have seen people just go at eachother on the side of the room. so this is more of a fun dance to just go an expiriance a "rave" of sorts.

jinnai_animexcalibur

Quote from: RadioactiveKitty on February 22, 2009, 10:58:33 AM
ok so if you have not noticed Bucac, if you are indeed an オタク (Otaku), that many listen to dance, pop, electronic... what ever. many are prolly never going to expiriance a rave EVER. and having been to MANY raves myself... this is NOTHING from what i have seen. one taking off his or her shirt... i have seen people just go at eachother on the side of the room. so this is more of a fun dance to just go an expiriance a "rave" of sorts.

I totally agree with you. All the events I've ever had to put together were called DANCES, and NOT RAVES. Anime con dances and Raves are two totally different things. Props to you for stating the truth ^_^.

If ya want to dance at Fanime, come to the Fanime Con dance. If you want a rave, go to a rave.

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

www.shinodasound.com

Kobun

Yo Jin, that's just the nature of the cons. People who call it a rave, have never been to one, so they don't know. Us old schoolers call it a dance, or large room in need of febreeze and better a/c.
Member Of SNM Productions

Saving the land of Hyrule since 1987!!

A Tale of Swords and Souls, Eternally Retold!

ewu

As a point of information. If the Dance became what we would consider a rave, we would no longer have the event.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

jinnai_animexcalibur

Quote from: Kobun on February 27, 2009, 03:41:24 AM
Yo Jin, that's just the nature of the cons. People who call it a rave, have never been to one, so they don't know. Us old schoolers call it a dance, or large room in need of febreeze and better a/c.

Oh damn, It's Kobun! IT'S BEEN A WHILE. :D

www.shinodasound.com

Kobun

You know how it is...  it's the heat...  and Xbox Live...
Member Of SNM Productions

Saving the land of Hyrule since 1987!!

A Tale of Swords and Souls, Eternally Retold!

jinnai_animexcalibur

Quote from: Kobun on February 27, 2009, 09:47:07 PM
You know how it is...  it's the heat...  and Xbox Live...

Cooling my 360 by using a simple house fan. :3

www.shinodasound.com

roth14

I would just like some music with lyrics. Even if they are in a different language. While I love techno and rave music sometimes it is hard to dance to or find the beat. So maybe some RnB or hip hop?

jinnai_animexcalibur

I think every night, I'll play a different mix. One night I'll do anime remixes, another night, I'll do Super Eurobeat. And one night, ill do Internet Music hits and memes.

www.shinodasound.com