Fanime Dance stuff.

Started by bucac, October 18, 2006, 11:01:07 PM

RadioactiveKitty

Quote from: jinnai_animexcalibur on March 17, 2009, 07:36:27 PM
Quote from: RadioactiveKitty on March 17, 2009, 07:01:34 PM
Quote from: jinnai_animexcalibur on March 17, 2009, 03:36:43 PM
Quote from: Yuu on March 15, 2009, 10:33:39 PM
I dont know why anyone is even bothering to talk about it.

Its been made perfectly clear that anime/japanese music is absolutely NOT allowed at Anime/Japanese cons

Yeah Fanime couldn't get DJ Tiesto or DJ Boy George...  so they had to resort to getting some J-rock band called An Cafe... After all, we don't go to anime cons for anime fandom. ;)
some J-Rock Band? O.o AnCafe is awesome! lol my opinion is you guys should listen to it! well who ever likes J Rock

I was kidding. An Cafe is mega huge popularrrr  :)

oh lol in that case. YOU ARE COOL! ...sorry i am a bit hyper i have caffeine and sweets with me right now i feel like L... did he drink caffeine?

jinnai_animexcalibur

Quote from: RadioactiveKitty on March 18, 2009, 08:24:34 AM
Quote from: jinnai_animexcalibur on March 17, 2009, 07:36:27 PM
Quote from: RadioactiveKitty on March 17, 2009, 07:01:34 PM
Quote from: jinnai_animexcalibur on March 17, 2009, 03:36:43 PM
Quote from: Yuu on March 15, 2009, 10:33:39 PM
I dont know why anyone is even bothering to talk about it.

Its been made perfectly clear that anime/japanese music is absolutely NOT allowed at Anime/Japanese cons

Yeah Fanime couldn't get DJ Tiesto or DJ Boy George...  so they had to resort to getting some J-rock band called An Cafe... After all, we don't go to anime cons for anime fandom. ;)
some J-Rock Band? O.o AnCafe is awesome! lol my opinion is you guys should listen to it! well who ever likes J Rock

I was kidding. An Cafe is mega huge popularrrr  :)

oh lol in that case. YOU ARE COOL! ...sorry i am a bit hyper i have caffeine and sweets with me right now i feel like L... did he drink caffeine?

L drinks pure unprocessed caffeine...from the coca cola factory.

*waits for the chuck norris jokes to spill in*
Official Katsuhiko Jinnai Myspace Page

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

AnimE'xcalibur/Shinoda Sound Recordings

www.shinodasound.com

JennyTran89

WOOOOOOOOOOoooOooooOOoO

Go DaNCE!!!!

I hope they have electro.
Anyone want a dance partner, since i'll be going to Fanime alone this year and I want to check out this dance.

mod edit: event name = dance

abcbadcat

Quote from: JennyTran89 on April 05, 2010, 12:20:56 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOoooOooooOOoO

Go DaNCE!!!!

Anyone want a dance partner, since i'll be going to Fanime alone this year and I want to check out this dance.

If you like electro then you should check out wasteland in SJ.

It is an 18+ electro dance party every first and third Thursday of the month

If you want more details, let me know

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: abcbadcat on April 05, 2010, 01:08:06 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOoooOooooOOoO

Go DaNCE!!!!

I won't get stabbed by needles full of AIDS while I'm there, right abc?

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

abcbadcat

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 06, 2010, 03:07:49 PM
Quote from: abcbadcat on April 05, 2010, 01:08:06 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOoooOooooOOoO

Go DaNCE!!!!

I won't get stabbed by needles full of AIDS while I'm there, right abc?

I haven't gone myself yet but I'm pretty sure you'll be safe lol

Jerry

Rovers are on the scene 24hours a day from Fanime Thursday thru Monday [including a very good presense @ Fanime Dance] - we got your back for both the ladies and the gents.

NO substances or hazardous materials are allowed on site - if anyone caught will be subject to their consequences.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Yuu

Ive always been a strong advocate for ' This is an Anime con can we have SOME anime music' and some techno.' But apparently  that isnt 'fair'.
Having ALL of the dances be raves is some how  much more fair to everyone. At least, thats how it is at SC. The same mentality seems to have spread to all conventions.
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

rislim

Quote from: Yuu on May 05, 2010, 01:51:44 PM

Ive always been a strong advocate for ' This is an Anime con can we have SOME anime music' and some techno.' But apparently  that isnt 'fair'.
Having ALL of the dances be raves is some how  much more fair to everyone. At least, thats how it is at SC. The same mentality seems to have spread to all conventions.

Would it still bother you if they played anime trance/hardcore remixes? There's plenty of albums like that out.

crystalsoul

im not sure why people seem upset at the fact they place techno music O_o  i mean this stuff goes on till 4am and last year even longer...what did you want to hear at 4am?  country music? Hahaha XD

and if you arent into that type of thing well then go back up to your hotel (assuming you got one) and go to be and get some rest for the next day x3

i know i for one loved the dance last year, all that high energy and great Djs :D  ive become friends with one of them over facebook(stormy rayner) and this year i actually get to meet him as well as another dj from last year who was awesome as well (DJ Reign)

Yuu

Quote from: rislim on May 14, 2010, 01:36:00 AM
Quote from: Yuu on May 05, 2010, 01:51:44 PM

Would it still bother you if they played anime trance/hardcore remixes? There's plenty of albums like that out.

Yah, that would be fine...as long as they dont repeat the same line over and over for 15 minutes.
I think that's my biggest problem with rave music.
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

Aeredon

Any word about dubstep this year?

abcbadcat

Quote from: Aeredon on May 18, 2010, 04:58:52 PM
Any word about dubstep this year?

If you're 21, check out South Bay Dub Massive at Farenheit Ultra Lounge in Downtown SJ. Its free before 10:30PM and its every Thursday.

I went last week and it was amazing. Some crazy dancers and some of the heaviest dubstep around.

Angelx624

I'd love if they played Adam Lambert's remixes at this year's Fanime Dance!! XD They've got great beats!! ^^

Mod edit: event title
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

Armored-Heart

Dunno if this is the right thread to ask this, but would it be okay to bring a giant purple balloon to the dance? xD; It's not helium-filled or anything rofl. (At least to my knowledge anyway; but it doesn't float lol.) It's practically just a beach ball filled with awesomeness. They had 'em at my Senior Ball on Saturday and they were fun to have just going around like a balloon volleyball while everyone was dancing. They seem to be difficult to pop (people did try lol) so unless someone purposely sticks a needle to it or something I'm sure that's not an issue. :3
Not attending for 2014. Sorry!

Tony

Quote from: Armored-Heart on May 24, 2010, 06:28:28 PM
Dunno if this is the right thread to ask this, but would it be okay to bring a giant purple balloon to the dance? xD; It's not helium-filled or anything rofl. (At least to my knowledge anyway; but it doesn't float lol.) It's practically just a beach ball filled with awesomeness. They had 'em at my Senior Ball on Saturday and they were fun to have just going around like a balloon volleyball while everyone was dancing. They seem to be difficult to pop (people did try lol) so unless someone purposely sticks a needle to it or something I'm sure that's not an issue. :3
I'll ultimately defer to Rovers on this one.

That said... how big is it? Do you just blow it up manually? Is it heavy? Do you think it is big enough to knock over or hurt someone? Could it knock over the speakers or lighting? Knowing this will help us make an informed decision.  :)

Personally I think the idea is fun, but I'm actually worried about it knocking over equipment... or landing on the lighting and catching fire...  :o
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Armored-Heart

Quote from: Tony on May 25, 2010, 08:08:44 AM
Quote from: Armored-Heart on May 24, 2010, 06:28:28 PM
I'll ultimately defer to Rovers on this one.

That said... how big is it? Do you just blow it up manually? Is it heavy? Do you think it is big enough to knock over or hurt someone? Could it knock over the speakers or lighting? Knowing this will help us make an informed decision.  :)

Personally I think the idea is fun, but I'm actually worried about it knocking over equipment... or landing on the lighting and catching fire...  :o

It's not heavy at all; as for size, I'm about 5'4", and it's roughly half/a but more than half my height, so roughly 3 and a half feet tall tops. It can fit through doors (for the most part). It's already blown up since I got it from my Senior Ball; so the idea only works if it doesn't deflate by this weekend. xD It wouldn't hurt anyone since it's so light. :3 They didn't interfere with the DJ equipment/lighting at Senior Ball, so I'm 99% sure it'd be fine for Fanime. <3

Jerry

Final Word would ultimately come down to the Rovers who are going to be at the doors of Fanime Dance~

again you might have had good fortune with somewhat familiar friends with a school formal but this is Fanime where you arent as likely to know alot of people in a given room which could be more unpredictable.

If you wish to bring it, thats your prerogative, but just have a plan B in case your giant balloon get turned away.

this is coming from the kid, thats probably going to show up on Saturday morning with possible [massive amounts] balloons myself, [and maybe a floating house]... :P 
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Armored-Heart

Quote from: Jerry on May 25, 2010, 08:47:57 AM
Final Word would ultimately come down to the Rovers who are going to be at the doors of Fanime Dance~

again you might have had good fortune with somewhat familiar friends with a school formal but this is Fanime where you arent as likely to know alot of people in a given room which could be more unpredictable.

If you wish to bring it, thats your prerogative, but just have a plan B in case your giant balloon get turned away.

this is coming from the kid, thats probably going to show up on Saturday morning with possible [massive amounts] balloons myself, [and maybe a floating house]... :P 

xD Alright~ I guess I'll bring it and see what the Rovers say. c:

Angelx624

So, it's ok to arrive late to the Dance(relax, I'm used to calling it a dance, I KNOW there'll be no alcohol or drugs!)? I can't make it til 9 pm(photoshoot at 8 ) Friday and Saturday 11 pm(masquerade overlaps =.=;; ) Don't plan to go to the dance Sunday. =/

・ω・ But I'm excited for it!

Mod edit: its not for you
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka