Fanime Dance stuff.

Started by bucac, October 18, 2006, 11:01:07 PM

OniCourseMusha

Quote from: "caelque"As far as I know, there is going to be a dance all 3 major nights. I have told them I can handle all 3 nights.

As far as those of you worried about no variety with only one DJ... well that's something you get with a DJ who doesn't know what he/she is doing or how to please people.

I prefer to not have to really prove myself in words, so show up to the dance, if you don't like what's being played at that time, come back in an hour or two and it'll prolly be different.
Sounds like good news and hoping that all 3 nights happens!
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

dj 8-ball

Quote from: "YoureMyHiro"
Quote from: "dj 8-ball"Maybe I can just scratch while on eof the DJ's mix?   :D
Whats the business dude? You spinning this year? Im unaware of the DJ Lineup and a little assurance that it wont be entirely rave-oriented this year would be nice.
Sorry no. Not DJ'ing this year either. At least not at Fanime this weekend. Got a busy schedule with other DJ stuff.

I'll be around but dunno if I'll be at the dances or not. If I am, I'll have my skratch records on standby (someone requested my Don't Stop the Rock routine hah) but it doesn't sound like the equipment won't be setup properly for any "side DJ'ing."

Caelque: are you runnin' CDJ's and/or Seratto? With Seratto it's totally possible to DJ a whole night (it's just tiring as hell). But w/out a "battle setup" neither me or Reign could skratch.

DJ Reign

Ok, wait a minute: since when did I ask to skratch?  I didn't even know I COULD skratch. :lol:

jinnai_animexcalibur

i rock serato too... yay for teh technology.
Official Katsuhiko Jinnai Myspace Page

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

AnimE'xcalibur/Shinoda Sound Recordings

www.shinodasound.com

IamTetsuo

Woo there were dances all 3 nights!

Who DJed Saturday night?  You rocked!

caelque

Saturday night until midnight was me (DJ Caen)

after midnight was DJ Stormy

IamTetsuo

DJ Stormy it was then as I didn't get there until after midnight on Saturday.

hugmeimnerdy

Might someone be kind enough to tell me what this dance is all about, when it is, and why?
I don't get it.

yum.

Kanchii

Quote from: "hugmeimnerdy"Might someone be kind enough to tell me what this dance is all about, when it is, and why?
I don't get it.

..It was the dance we had every night at fanime from 10pm-2am...

justkitteh

I don't like a lot of techno, most of what was played this year worked for me pretty well tho, except whomever played the hamster dance and never ending story... what was that all about. :(

I had my boombox playing every night from like 2-6am for those who i knew would appreciate it... and ya, you saw or heard me, how many boxes do you think where there?!

edit: yo tweek, what's up? hella was hanging out with tony at the con, lol

dj 8-ball

I tried to swing by Saturday night but that was when they temporarily stopped people from entering (ANOTHER incident?)

Why do I keep hearing there was no mixing and it was mostly stop & play or fade in/out?
Was there (golden age) hip-hop as well?

DJ Reign

Quote from: "dj 8-ball"Why do I keep hearing there was no mixing and it was mostly stop & play or fade in/out?

Quote from: "your answer"it was mostly stop & play or fade in/out

QuoteWas there (golden age) hip-hop as well?

Nah... :(

dj 8-ball

F'realz? Weak

To quote Rhetmattic of the Beat Junkies at Scratchcon 2000:
"The very basics and base of DJ'ing is to know how to mix and blend songs together. If you can't do even the most basic mix on beat don't bother trying to learn how to skratch let alone call yourself a DJ."

DJ Stormy

Ohh ohh ohh! i did mixing, nothing special just thought i would say that i had a pretty good set saturday night the tracklist is posted in live programing events if anyone wants to check it out

Cheers,
Stormy (Dave S.)

Dj Stormy @ Myspace

Kanchii

There's a bunch of different kinds of music, obviously you can't please everyone. But I thought DJ Caen was really really really good.

DJ Reign

Quote from: "Kanchii"There's a bunch of different kinds of music, obviously you can't please everyone. But I thought DJ Caen was really really really good.

I don't think any of us complained about the music.  

And if you thought DJ Caen was "really really really good," you must not have been to the dance in the past 3 years.

Nuff said. :wink:

jeans

All I know is that I went to the dance on Saturday and it felt like the same song played the whole time I was there (about two hours?). Maybe I'm just not good at recognizing new songs, haha.

djtw33k

Quote from: "justkitteh"I don't like a lot of techno, most of what was played this year worked for me pretty well tho, except whomever played the hamster dance and never ending story... what was that all about. :(

I had my boombox playing every night from like 2-6am for those who i knew would appreciate it... and ya, you saw or heard me, how many boxes do you think where there?!

edit: yo tweek, what's up? hella was hanging out with tony at the con, lol
Sorry I wasn't able to make it...work's been crazy down in So.Cal.  I did wish I can go and spin it out, but...I guess not this year...hopefully next year.
Been Tw33k'd??
Then check out
www.myspace.com/djtw33k

djtw33k

Quote from: "dj 8-ball"
Why do I keep hearing there was no mixing and it was mostly stop & play or fade in/out?
Was there (golden age) hip-hop as well?

:shock: WOW...for realz??  I wish I could've gone to Fanime this year...but it's very disappointing to hear this.  Stop & play doesn't make someone a DJ...unless...it's part of a trick :P .  But anyways...hope to see you all next year.
Been Tw33k'd??
Then check out
www.myspace.com/djtw33k

jinnai_animexcalibur

Well about "Stop and Play" DJing...

If thats the road they want to take, let them... I'll consider them DJs still.

As long as you rock that party...that's all that matters.
Official Katsuhiko Jinnai Myspace Page

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

AnimE'xcalibur/Shinoda Sound Recordings

www.shinodasound.com