Fanime Dance stuff.

Started by bucac, October 18, 2006, 11:01:07 PM

Dj Stormy Rayner

Here is the Tracklist for what i played on Saturday and Sunday, i wrote the tracklist down after i got back to my room after the dance at like 6 in the morning =/ If anyone is interested in what i played all these tracks are available to buy on Beatport.com or Trackitdown.net , both nights were a fusion of Tech Trance and Psy Trance.

Track # / Artist / Track / Label
Saturday
01- Mark Norman - Blikken Machine / Magik Music
02- Audio Junkies - Something 4 Your Mind (Original Mix) / Electric Candy Recordings
03- Gleave - Come With Me (Original Mix) / Reset Records
04- Michael Dow - Roll The Drums / Digital Remedy
05- Paul Webster -  Corruption (Original Mix) / Captivating Sounds
06- Dj Dazzle - Shadow Dancer / Monster Digital
07- BK - Systematic (Back To 99 Remix) Riot! Recordings
08- Lisa Lashes - Cant Sleep (Original Mix) / Lashed Digital Downloads
09- BK - Big Trouble / Riot! Recordings
10- Waio - Visual Distortion / Vision Quest
11- Eskimo - 5 And 1/2 Stars / Wired Music
12- Pixel & Wrecked Machine - Weekend / Vision Quest
03- Lee Haslam & Mearns - Zippa / Digital Remedy
04- Tomorrow People - Homewrecker (Joey V Remix) / Digital Remedy
05- BK - Systematic (Back To 99 Remix) / Riot! Recordings
06- Bissen - Quicksand (Original Mix) / A State of Trance
07- John 00 Fleming & Christopher Lawrence - Beyond The Limit (Deep Mix) /
Pharmacy Music
08- CDR - (''Cannot Discuss Release'' sorry unreleased promo, but its a Psy remix of Fatboy Slim hint hint...)
09- Toxical - Formatting Your Mind / Tactic Records
10- Dynamic - Make Me (Album Mix) / H20 Records

DJ Reign

Hey guys!

Thank you for all that attended at this year's Dance.

I have to be honest with everyone here, after Friday night, I did not think a lot of people would come back, but it turns out it was even more people than before!  And on Sunday, it was still a lot of people that stayed until the very end.  For those that stayed until the end, you guys are troopers!

I would also like to give a very big thank you to DJ Jinrei, DJ Sandman, Taskmaster, and the rest of Random DJ's for making this year's Dance a real success!

If anyone is curious about what tracks I played on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, feel free to PM me.  Hopefully I'll remember (I never write down my tracklist nor do I preset my list).

Now, I think it's about time I finally got some rest.

See you next year!

AbsolutelyCursed

Of all the raves at Fanime that I've been to, this year was the best. I only went only on Sunday but that was a total blast. Danced all the way to the end - got a free cd at the end.

Thanks to those giving away glow sticks that was awesome.

Amazingly, my body was not sore at all but my head was a different story. My mind was in a daze on Monday.

abcbadcat

The rave was amazing, I was there on Sat and Sun nights with two blue sticks on strings.

At about 1am there was plenty of space for string raving and alot of people were getting busy on the chairs and on the floor.

Also, a shout out to anyone who was in the "ball" game in the back of the room at around midnight-1amish. That game was awesome!

protocol7

Quote from: chanocular on May 26, 2008, 12:30:38 PM
Saturday night dance was kinda fun. My group and I tried to hand out as many glow sticks as we could. I was in the wifi shirt. =D

Wait.. I wasn't the only one?

(Went to the con with about 3400 of them came back home with about 400)
FanimeCons resident zombie.
*I* MADE this happen!

chanocular

Quote from: protocol7 on May 27, 2008, 09:04:37 AM
Quote from: chanocular on May 26, 2008, 12:30:38 PM
Saturday night dance was kinda fun. My group and I tried to hand out as many glow sticks as we could. I was in the wifi shirt. =D

Wait.. I wasn't the only one?

(Went to the con with about 3400 of them came back home with about 400)

Honestly, we didnt get to hand out as many as we wanted to. We started with 200 glow sticks each and attended the dance both Friday and Saturday. We went with a total of 800 glowsticks and came back with about 40% left (Probably use that amount for our camping trip).

Kouri Neko

Dance was ok..  Raves are great for those who like raves.  Just wondering if we will ever have rock music or j-rock in the future.  I came to the dance at all the wrong times because I didn't hear the music I wanted.  oh well..   

Obviously, some people decided to carry their own dance in the convention hall in order to hear the music they wanted.  works for me..   ;D
I'm not a Mecha Anime fan..

jinnai_animexcalibur

Quote from: Kouri Neko on May 27, 2008, 07:07:29 PM
Dance was ok..  Raves are great for those who like raves.  Just wondering if we will ever have rock music or j-rock in the future.  I came to the dance at all the wrong times because I didn't hear the music I wanted.  oh well..   

Obviously, some people decided to carry their own dance in the convention hall in order to hear the music they wanted.  works for me..   ;D

Darn, I could've filled that J-Rock void... *Has mixes of Gackt, Moi Dix Mois, X-Japan, Malice Mizer, Maximum the Hormone, Asian Kung Fu Generation, 12012, PLC, L'arc En Ciel...*

I've DJed at Fanime before. :3 
Official Katsuhiko Jinnai Myspace Page

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

AnimE'xcalibur/Shinoda Sound Recordings

www.shinodasound.com

Liars Dice

I had a great time mixing on friday (breaks) and sunday (hardcore) and am looking forward to next year! If you want my phoenix wright remix (that I played friday night) or wanna know any of the other tracks I played, feel free to PM me. I'll have some pics of the dance up soon too.
Thanks for another great year,
~Dane.

Kouri Neko

Quote from: jinnai_animexcalibur on May 28, 2008, 01:46:01 PM

Darn, I could've filled that J-Rock void... *Has mixes of Gackt, Moi Dix Mois, X-Japan, Malice Mizer, Maximum the Hormone, Asian Kung Fu Generation, 12012, PLC, L'arc En Ciel...*

oohh..  nice.  If only I could have heard some of those.  I got slightly sleepy during the dance.  Rave music makes me sleepy. 

jinnai_animexcalibur

Quote from: Kouri Neko on May 28, 2008, 02:49:52 PM

oohh..  nice.  If only I could have heard some of those.  I got slightly sleepy during the dance.  Rave music makes me sleepy. 

I mix both rave and J-music together. Best of both worlds.

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

www.shinodasound.com

Kazuko

Jinnai FREAKING COME BACK! you and Stormy are like the best

I was hoping for some hyphy/hip hop music but alas I didnt hear it =(

Kudos to stormy's set

kidwhatever

Yo - thanks to Reign and everybody for letting me come crash your party and play Saturday night. I know you can't please everybody at an anime dance, so I'm happy some people were into it. Here's my setlist... with the exception of 3 tracks, everything I played was Japanese, so you can't say I didn't play any j-pop :)

artist - title
TMVG / How To Scratch
Katamari / Disco Prince
SI Futures / Freestyle Disco
Towa Tei / Congratulations (Sharp Rmx)
Tommy February6 / Lonely In Gorgeous (Kid Whatever Bootleg) - you can grab this from myspace.com/kidwhatever
Organic Junk Fude / Pimpin (Kid Whatever Remix)
Orange Range / Locolotion (Space Cowboy Mix)
Halcali / Electric Sensei (Kid Whatever Re-Edit)
The Moist Towelettes / Clap Your Hands (Kid Whatever Remix)
Radiorama / ABCD Re-Edit
Capsule / Crazeee Skyhopper
Capsule / Muzixxx
Perfume / Ceramic Girl
Big Kiss / Bon Bon Bon
Big Kiss / Caio
4-Skips / Love & Sunshine (Delaction Remix)
4-Skips / Akeome!

Cheers,
Kid Whatever

DJ Jinrei

there was quite a few J-Rock remixes, among J-Pop and even K-Pop...  Mel B was jam'n some awesome Hip-Hop beats with some classic house..
Sorry folks didn't hear it, but big shout out to EVERYONE that hung out with us all night long.  Got to meet a lot of folks and hear about the city and talk about the con and passed events.  Very Educational! (Golden Boy reference!)
We usually play the "slow stuff" early to build up to a fast pace, so we don't bore the whole world and we keep folks jump'n all hours of the night with our raw live mixes.
Stormy, Reign & Kid Whatever.. you guys were sick all day long man.  Demi Child and Dane O are an unbeatable team to mixing back an forth  live...most impressive guys.
By far this con and its crowd was our favorite to play for or just be there, my crew and an awesome time and will be back again.

myspace.com/djjinrei

jinnai_animexcalibur

Quote from: Kazuko on May 28, 2008, 03:44:10 PM

Kudos to stormy's set

Wow people still remember me? (besides Ryu xD and 8-Ball)

I'll be doing the dance at Ani-Jam 08 this year. If you can, Please check it out!

www.shinodasound.com

Kouri Neko

Quote from: jinnai_animexcalibur on May 28, 2008, 03:30:54 PM
Quote from: Kouri Neko on May 28, 2008, 02:49:52 PM

I mix both rave and J-music together. Best of both worlds.

I hope to hear music I like next year.  At least there isn't a strict dancing policy.  I went to a con, where you couldn't dance too close to your significant other because of minors, then at midnight they made the dance only for 18+.  craziness..

abcbadcat

There were people humping eachother and doing naughty things on the chairs on the side.

I mean I didn't really have a problem with it and no one was stealing things so it was kinda gross but I didn't really care.

Kaura117

Quote from: abcbadcat on May 29, 2008, 01:08:47 AM
There were people humping eachother and doing naughty things on the chairs on the side.

I mean I didn't really have a problem with it and no one was stealing things so it was kinda gross but I didn't really care.

I've seen worse at high school dances.

At chaperoned high school dances.

It's a dance. Libido Happens.

protocol7

Quote from: jinnai_animexcalibur on May 28, 2008, 08:16:46 PM
Quote from: Kazuko on May 28, 2008, 03:44:10 PM

Kudos to stormy's set

Wow people still remember me? (besides Ryu xD and 8-Ball)

I'll be doing the dance at Ani-Jam 08 this year. If you can, Please check it out!

Bah! I still remember you :P Saw you're going to be at some thing in Texas in August? May wind up there myself.
FanimeCons resident zombie.
*I* MADE this happen!

DJ Reign

I did want Jinnai to make a return this year.  He was the first person I contacted.  I know for sure alot of people would have enjoyed him.  However, things just didn't work out.  Hopefully we can work out something for next year.

Now, as far as music selection goes, I think we did a good job.  We had house, electro house, drum n' bass, J-pop, breaks, a touch of hardcore, some 80's/90's funk/hip hop although I wanted more, but that's another story, and of course we had Stormy and myself along with DJ Jinrei and DJ Sandman with some of that good EDM.

What's in store for next year?  Who knows.  All I know is if there is a genre you would want to hear at next year's Dance, now would be a good time to make a push for it.  If there's a big enough push, I'll make it happen, but it's not likely going to happen if there is only 2 or 3 people asking for it like with hip hop this year.

DJ Reign's your hookup!  Holla if ya hear me!