What are YOU going to buy in 2007?

Started by lying is an art form, November 08, 2006, 02:11:43 AM

Lisu

Here is to hoping for some Touhou products this year.  Shitajiki, some doujin hidden in a box, anything really.
God help my walled if there is an artist that knows it and sells it....

But in a more realistic sense-  I'm looking at art books mostly.  Some random trinkets that I don't usually see, or a figure I didn't get online yet.  Maybe a shirt or two.

Makou

Quote from: "SuperKawaiiNeko"Fushigi Yuugi manga (yes, all of it. And, yes, I know I say that every year. Shut up)

Totally wins my respect here. Any Yuu Wataste lover is my lo-- ... okay, maybe that's a bit too much. You're cool by me.

As to what I want to buy? Hmm... something to decorate my room, I guess. Maybe a clock...(or a gun), or a figure of Tohru, (or a Luger), or maybe some  doujins (non-h with gu--) -_-.

P.S. I'm joking about the guns. I'm not joking about Green being the new Red.

Quote from: "Lisu"Here is to hoping for some Touhou products this year.  Shitajiki, some doujin hidden in a box, anything really.
God help my walled if there is an artist that knows it and sells it....

Flipping genius. IQ of 200. I will go look for some Touhou stuff, too.

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: "Makou"
Flipping genius. IQ of 200. I will go look for some Touhou stuff, too.
I think all of us in the touhou crowd will. XD
If it has Suika, Reisen or Youmu.... mine? XP
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

SuperKawaiiNeko

Quote from: "SuperKawaiiNeko"Fushigi Yuugi manga (yes, all of it. And, yes, I know I say that every year. Shut up)

Totally wins my respect here. Any Yuu Wataste lover is my lo-- ...

*sits down and snuggles up* So....you like the bishis do you? *nudge nudge wink wink*

.....wait, youre a girl, right? O_o
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

Krnchichiri

Chichiri= teh smexy.

Buut anyways~
I'mma try to buy some awesome artwork from the artists in the other room, and maybe some things from the Gaiaonline booth [LANZER'S SOUL. VO'S BODY.] Erhm, and some sheet music [if they do sell there], some manga, a little bit of anime, and maybe some random cool stuff.
I would love something from the creator of Azu Manga Daioh. Funny stuff.
OHH! And maybe some Sailor Moon stuffs. Gawd, I love the older anime that I used to watch..
^^
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

I AM AWESOME! :D

Makou

Quote from: "SuperKawaiiNeko"
*sits down and snuggles up* So....you like the bishis do you? *nudge nudge wink wink*

Let's just say I read it for the romance (and I do, mind you).

Quote from: "SuperKawaiiNeko".....wait, youre a girl, right? O_o

Makou is Makou. No questions are ever asked.

FanFicGuru

Man, I'm trying to specify what it is I want...

T-shirts (Like, 2 or 3. One of them will be the Fanime 07 shirt, of course)
Figures
Wall scrolls (3 or 4. Last day sales=loev)
Soundtracks
DVDs (Mostly at Swap Meet, or cheap thinpak sets because those can be found there too)
A nice sword

Stuff.

Speaking of Gaia online, there was this really funny thread where this girl said she wanted to meet Lanzer so she could punch him in the face. I forget why, she was ranting for some reason.

Anyways, it occurred to me, and I posted the following:

Sure, hit him if you want. But keep in mind that shortly after you do, he'll say this:

"A HALO TO THE ONE WHO BRINGS ME THE HEAD OF THE INFIDEL!!!"

ph33r...for Lanzer ownz.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Moonblossom

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"Man, I'm trying to specify what it is I want...

T-shirts (Like, 2 or 3. One of them will be the Fanime 07 shirt, of course)
Figures
Wall scrolls (3 or 4. Last day sales=loev)
Soundtracks
DVDs (Mostly at Swap Meet, or cheap thinpak sets because those can be found there too)
A nice sword

Stuff.

Speaking of Gaia online, there was this really funny thread where this girl said she wanted to meet Lanzer so she could punch him in the face. I forget why, she was ranting for some reason.

Anyways, it occurred to me, and I posted the following:

Sure, hit him if you want. But keep in mind that shortly after you do, he'll say this:

"A HALO TO THE ONE WHO BRINGS ME THE HEAD OF THE INFIDEL!!!"

ph33r...for Lanzer ownz.

Lanzer's got a crack team of mods and devs and stuff at his disposal, they'd have to work their way through us first >3

Actually, someone did threaten to find me and kick me in the gut when they found out I was going to be at the booth in AX05, but thankfully they never went through with it. But every time someone came to the table and said "Are you Moonblossom?" I'd cringe..

SuperKawaiiNeko

Quote from: "SuperKawaiiNeko".....wait, youre a girl, right? O_o

Makou is Makou. No questions are ever asked.

CLOSE ENOUGH!

Head of Volunteers 2010

Ayanami Rei First Child

Well what if I want the Makou? I'd go back to Fushigi Yuugi...but unfortunately I totally forgot where I stopped reading. Then I lost interest, which always happends when I loose my place. *Cough* Inu Yasha *Cough*

Well I want to find some Gaara stuff....and a Domo Plushie to replace the one that somehow got lost inside my own house. Now if only Gaara-sama was a woman then he'd be perfect! <3 What's that you say? Sexy no Jutsu Gaara at FanimeCon? <3 <3 I'M THERE!!

Also some manga from the company that makes Iron Wok Jan, I LOVE their $5 manga sales, can't get any better then that! <3 <3

Also a glaive if I can find one...

AnimeEmperor

It depends what my budget is, but i'm always looking for more One Piece stuff.

Tsubasa

I'm a recently declared shitajiki collector, so I'll be making the rounds looking for them.  But that aside, I'll pick up my usual merchandise: PVCs, posters, cell phone straps, and art books.  I'll keep an eye open for series like ToHeart2, Nanoha, Samurai Spirits, Nadesico, and Card Captor Sakura.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Ayanami Rei First Child

Yeah I gotta try to find Key The Metal Idol on DVD <3 <3

SuperKawaiiNeko

Hehe, Ive been trying to really get into shitajiki for a while. Ive got between five and ten, but my limited funds always seem to end up having to go elsewhere ><

If my funds work out this year like Im hoping they will, I'll be able to finally go nuts in the Dealer's Room for once ^_^

Head of Volunteers 2010

Ayanami Rei First Child

Actually $10 will get you TWO manga on Monday at the place that sells manga like Iron Wok Jan. They sell manga for $5 <3 <3

SuperKawaiiNeko

I could be wrong...

But I believe they were selling their manga for so cheap because they were going out of business? ^_^0

Head of Volunteers 2010

Ayanami Rei First Child

Really? They've been doing it the last TWO YEARS I've been at Fanime and the company sold NEW manga last year.

Well their titles are still being produced...under a different company. Not to mention they went out of business in '05 and they were still doing it last year in '06 so...it looks like they might have it again this year.

FanFicGuru

Whatever the case, truth is that Monday is the best day for sales.

This is usually when I pick up my wall scrolls in bulk too because they have a 3 for 25 deal most of the time, or at least a 2 for 20.

The only things I buy right away are things like collectors items that'll go real fast if I don't pick them up first. Nice figure sets, soundtracks, etc.

Everything else, including manga, can wait until Sunday or monday.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

otakuya

According to the ASOS video, the American Haruhi DVD release would be the same weekend as Fanime. If it's available, that's the only thing I'll buy at FC this year.

Barnes

Let me know if you find any. I'll want to buy some Haruhi dvds, too.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes