What are YOU going to buy in 2007?

Started by lying is an art form, November 08, 2006, 02:11:43 AM

Ayanami Rei First Child

Mondays ARE great days for sales...although do not be fooled by mere 20% off sales!! Dr. Comics & Mr. Games in Oakland has a 30-40% off sale for EVERYTHING in their store, including Manga Graphic Novels that's coming soon!! <3 <3

serajwl

I'm not sure what I'll buy... the only things I really want are figurines. If I can find an Akira wallscroll, that would be great. Also some cell phone straps and a wallet would be awesome.

phoenixphire24

Anything Death Note. There's also some shows coming out on DVD (Tsubasa and Melancholy of HS) that weekend, so I'm hoping to get a good deal on them.  :)

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "phoenixphire24"Anything Death Note. There's also some shows coming out on DVD (Tsubasa and Melancholy of HS) that weekend, so I'm hoping to get a good deal on them.  :)

Melancholy doesn't come out until the tuesday after fanime is over (5/29), but they're going to see if they can get their hands on it a little early for the convention. ^_^
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

SuperKawaiiNeko

President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

phoenixphire24

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"
Quote from: "phoenixphire24"Anything Death Note. There's also some shows coming out on DVD (Tsubasa and Melancholy of HS) that weekend, so I'm hoping to get a good deal on them.  :)

Melancholy doesn't come out until the tuesday after fanime is over (5/29), but they're going to see if they can get their hands on it a little early for the convention. ^_^

Oh, I thought it came out the week before with Tsubasa, my bad. But I hope they get it early; it would be a great event for them to sell it at!

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "phoenixphire24"
Quote from: "FanFicGuru"

Oh, I thought it came out the week before with Tsubasa, my bad. But I hope they get it early; it would be a great event for them to sell it at!

Me too. ^^
Swap meet staff - 2014

thebrain2u

I spent $350 last year. This year, I'm gonna cut it down to under $100 if possible. I really want another wallscroll, but I'm running out of wallspace in my room. Maybe a plushie and some Negima stuff.

raltga

spending as much money on liquor and drugs as possible and the rest of it on those cute FF3 figures.

Lizchan33

I think I'll buy all the kare kano.... since I already have the anime...
that or more anime..... hopefully I don't spend more than 200 dolla....

FanFicGuru

It's pretty funny, a lot of people are talking about spending less while I"m talking about bringing more.

lol.

btw, all you bargain lovers...

www.rightstuf.com always has AMAZING sales...no joke.

All legit, Region 1 DVDs and here are a couple of their sweet deals for just this week:

GitS: SAC (season 1 box): 50 dollars
R.O.D The TV complete boxset + 2 Soundtracks: 80 dollars
Gundam Mobile Suit Zeta: 50 dollars (May have to confirm that)

I don't work for them or anything, I just wanted to let you all know that there are some amazing deals on DVDs that you can get year round. ^_^
Swap meet staff - 2014

SuperKawaiiNeko

Quote from: "Lizchan33"I think I'll buy all the kare kano.... since I already have the anime...

Domestic retail? Hahaha. Kare Kano manga alone will run you more than 200 bucks XD Sorry, sweetie ^_^0

Head of Volunteers 2010

LadyKaren

Quote from: "SuperKawaiiNeko"
Quote from: "Lizchan33"I think I'll buy all the kare kano.... since I already have the anime...

Domestic retail? Hahaha. Kare Kano manga alone will run you more than 200 bucks XD Sorry, sweetie ^_^0

Kare Kano has 21 Volumes.

If you buy it at normal Borders prices, you'll be paying about 10 bucks over $200. Sometimes at anime cons you can get them cheaper, so she might actually make under $200.

FanFicGuru

And sometimes when you buy in bulk they give you a discount too. First 10 books= 5 dollars off, next 5 books equals another 5 off, final five books equals 10 dollars off.

Something like that maybe.
Swap meet staff - 2014

neko ewen

Quote from: "Otakuya"According to the ASOS video, the American Haruhi DVD release would be the same weekend as Fanime. If it's available, that's the only thing I'll buy at FC this year.
Seconded.

Now that AnimePalace is in the bay area, and I go to Kinokuniya regularly (and once in a while I order a bunch of stuff from Amazon Japan), I tend to get my fill of anime merchandise and whatnot throughout the year rather than all at once. The only thing I know for sure that I really want to look for is the Lucky Star manga, since Kinokuniya could only order me the first volume.

I'm always on the look out for UFO catcher dolls, but it's been a while since I saw much in the way of ones I really liked...
Yaruki Zero Games | Ask me about Maid RPG
"I dream heavy metal but I live whiny punk rock."

FanFicGuru

I'm going to be buying a crapload of stuff...I think I already listed some ideas...but most recently I thought about getting a nice Nagato figurine from Haruhi. Maybe a Haruhi bunny  figurine too.

Oh yeah, Haruhi girls=hawt.
Swap meet staff - 2014

LordKefka

MAN!! I wish I had all the money in the world, but I'll have about $200 so I gotta spend a bit wisely as that money can go pretty quick..

Things to get:

- Solty Rei PVC (Solty of course) and if I can find one of Rosa
- Gunslinger Girl new gashpons and Henrietta figure
- The Promised Place, Beyond the Cloud artbook
- Some Godannar stuff...>_>
- DVDs/Manga at the SWAP meet... YAY!!!
- Posters ( and not the bootleg ones either)
- Solty Rei DVDs (if I can find them cheaper than DD or Rightstuf)
- some rare stuff like figures, cels, whatever

And about $20 at MvC 2 machine...<_<...
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

SuperKawaiiNeko

Quote from: "LordKefka"Gunslinger Girl new gashpons and Henrietta figure

Triella imo =P

Head of Volunteers 2010

LordKefka

This is my line up..

Henrietta > Rico > Triela > Angelica > Claes.... though someone would murder me if they heard me bad mouthing Claes..<_<
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Barnes

-Food
-Dreamcast stuff and games
-F-Zero merchandise
-Stuff
-A t-shirt for this year
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes