So uh... about 1/2 a year and no new updates?

Started by pngaou, November 09, 2006, 01:22:23 PM

pngaou

Where's the new website? Where are the updates? 07's Fanime is only about 1/2 a year away.

I hope this isn't going to be reminiscent of Fanime 05, which was fairly crappy and plain.

otakuapprentice

well, just like you said, its still 1/2 a year away. i think the technical things are still being worked out(guests of honor, dealers' room, etc.), and they need to be as clear as possible on all parts of fanime's staff so there isnt any miscomunication among deparments if something goes awry.

i would say that its a good bet to expect to see some stuff probably around january or february. until then, if you havent pre-reg'd, i suugest you do and find some way to bide your time until may.

NOTE: i am not part of Fanime Staff. this is only an opinion and nothing else. please do not percieve this as an official announcement, because it isn't.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Kazuko

Im going to agree with Otaku on that x:

Plus patience is a virrtueee so hold your ponies untill they announce stuff

astroboy

The FanimeCon pre-planning schedule. :wink:

Eri

lol to the schedule graph... So true on some levels...

The most that I can say is that things are in the works, and when they get done, we'll announce them. Working stuff out takes time and, for some reason, can never be on a predictable time schedule..

Keep an eye out for the meetings. If anything new happens, it will most likely be announced then.
Erica V.
On vacation for 2008

uzutake

Quote from: "pngaou"Where's the new website? Where are the updates? 07's Fanime is only about 1/2 a year away.

I hope this isn't going to be reminiscent of Fanime 05, which was fairly crappy and plain.

//www.fanime.com -___-

LadyKaren

Maybe if the Website would take on a few more staff members.

*smiles sweetly at Tony*

I could turn in a resume if you don't believe me of my Web qualifications.

Tony

[email protected] !

The new website will be up by Dec 1st.

It would've been up sooner, but we've all been making FIGUEROA/Craige-is-old jokes.

Heh.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

the otaku god

go here for your video updates
http://forums.fanime.com/viewtopic.php?t=2223&start=80
i always let my video fans know whats up and comming
is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? is it like the hand of god hovering above? at least it is true that man has no control, even over his own destiny.

Absolute0

Oh, come on... Give them a break..there's about what...1 person working on the website? :P

FanFicGuru

December 1st is going to be fun.

MAD DASH FOR HOTEL RESERVATIONS!
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

LadyKaren

Quote from: "Absolute0"Oh, come on... Give them a break..there's about what...1 person working on the website? :P

Actually, as last I've talked to Tony, a few people have applied to help with the webpage (including myself). He hasn't gotten back to anyone. Maybe he's too busy to take on people to help him...

2 days and counting.

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"December 1st is going to be fun.

MAD DASH FOR HOTEL RESERVATIONS!

Damn... it's december already?

Wait... IT'S DECEMBER ALREADY?!?!?!?!

OH SH~~~~~
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Tony

Ok, I'm a little screwed.

I've got most of the site ready to go but... there was a... issue with the hotel site, and so it isn't live yet.

Because the hotel site is run by a real company, that means it is maintained on company time - i.e. Monday-Friday, 9-5. It now being ~10:20pm on Friday means they probably won't finish it until Monday at the earliest.

So... looks like the website will be delayed. Or maybe I'll put up what I've got anyway. I'm not sure just yet.

._.

If it helps, apparently the prices for hotels this year range from about $80 to $120...

._.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Barnes

Thats ok, Tony. I can wait. Nice to know all that, thanks.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Tuplica

Ahh, don't worry about it Mr Tony Sir.  Your hard work is appreciated. ;)  A couple more days won't kill anybody and the hotel info is great to know... My pocketbook is heaving a sigh of relief.. no, really...
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

AbsolutelyCursed

There's no need to rush. Just let the process flow naturally.

Zain

I think Tony has done enough natural flowing for now. Saturday morning is when you'll get to see the new site!
2007 Staff (Facilities, IT, Website, Publications)

Barnes

*Reads the offical Anouncements*

Huzzah!
Countdown.
8)
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Moonblossom

Quote from: "Zain"I think Tony has done enough natural flowing for now.
Has he tried Immodium?

*ducks*

Seriously though, glad to hear the hotel info will be up soon :D