Black and White Masquerade Ball in '07?

Started by boots01, November 14, 2006, 04:32:35 AM

Would you be interested in attending?

yes - black and white ball?  where's my egl outfit...?
54 (75%)
no - ballroom dancing...  you're kidding right?
1 (1.4%)
maybe - it's different, i'll give you that.
17 (23.6%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Voting closed: November 14, 2006, 04:32:35 AM

boots01

There will be a Black and White Cosplay Masquerade Ball this coming year at Fanime!  There will be ballroom dancing from swing to waltz and everything in between and music to match!  Participants are highly encouraged to wear costumes and masques.  Fanime badges will be required to participate so make sure you have one too!  The Ball will commence at 7:00pm Saturday night.

Ballroom Dancing Lessons will be at 12:00pm (noon) on Saturday in Ballroom B.

edit: Updated info 05-24-07
-Eugene
2001 Video Programming Staffer
2002 Acting Video Programming Head
2003-5 Masquerade 2nd.
2006 Special Projects
2007-9 BW Ball Head
2010 Yamaga Party Coordinator
2011 HR Staffer

sigh,

so much anime to watch, so little time

BSaphire

Quote from: "boots01"There's a rumor going around that there may be a Black and White Masquerade Ball, as well as a mask making workshop and ballroom dancing lessons at Fanime in 2007.
Is that all it is *LOL oh how we love rumors *giggles.
You know you had me at "Black and White"...... ^^)
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

DayDreamerNessa

i've been waiting for fanime to put together a dance thing other than the rave. It'd be nice if it happened this year, i'd totally go, and i know exactly what i'd wear XD!

Please let us know if it becomes more than a rumor =P
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

Krnchichiri

Well, if there were lessons and there was no *age* limit, then I'd LOVE the masquerade.

I'd need to find a costume though. >.>

Black and White-themed, eh? Hmm.. :/

Edit: Wonder if it costs?
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

I AM AWESOME! :D

Milai Sapphire

Oooh, that sounds like fun. So far the only black and white thing I have is my Suigintou cosplay. xD Hehe, maybe I might find something else to make for that if I have time. :3 But I guess I'll wait until the rumor is truth before I dish out money for that. ^^;;;

boots01

Quote from: "Krnchichiri"Well, if there were lessons and there was no *age* limit, then I'd LOVE the masquerade.

there would be no age limit for the lessons, mask making workshop, and ball - or so the rumor suggests.

QuoteEdit: Wonder if it costs?

the rumor on that is there might be a $5 cover charge for the mask making workshop
-Eugene
2003-5 Masquerade 2nd.
2006 Special Projects
2007-9 BW Ball Head
2011 HR Staffer

sigh,

Krnchichiri

Oh. Well, I suppose I'll make my own mask. ^^

Thankies.

Hope the rumor's true... ^^
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

I AM AWESOME! :D

bubydub

Yunri-Chan

Ooh, I heard about this via the Sac Anime forum, and I'd totally go... problem is, I don't have a black & white cos planned. So I might be able to pull off something, but that depends on how much time I have. Maybe Rukia or Momo-chan...
ℓα ℓαℓ αℓα~
ccs sakura [9O%]
hatsune miku [9O%]
secret! [9O%]
2O1O? ideas pending ~
私は愛する~사랑해 × loveyou ♡
synesthesia C:

Ska_Kitti

I was planning to go to one of these at a different con that had this. Their rules were pretty strict. Would there be a "no crossplay" rule invoked?
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Kegan_Flame

Ska_Kitti

The one I was planning to go to would have been fun if I had more time to furnish a costume x_x. If I have time this year, I'll probably go.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

boots01

i do believe that i heard nothing regarding crossplay being banned
-Eugene
2003-5 Masquerade 2nd.
2006 Special Projects
2007-9 BW Ball Head
2011 HR Staffer

sigh,

Moonblossom

Would regular black & white formalwear and a venetian-style mask be acceptable wear, or does it need to be cosplay of some sort?

boots01

that should be fine from what i've been hearing.  cosplay is going to be incouraged, but i don't think you'd be turned away for not being in a costume as long as you had a mask.
-Eugene
2003-5 Masquerade 2nd.
2006 Special Projects
2007-9 BW Ball Head
2011 HR Staffer

sigh,

Moonblossom

Awesome, thank you. My friend is absolutely not into cosplay, but I'm pretty sure I could coerce him into wearing a mask of some sort.

arcadiapandora

So, is it still all rumor and speculation, or are we really going to have a Masq? :D
<3

shinigami_babe

how long will it be before we know if it will actually happen and become more than just speculation??? 2 weeks, janurary etc.? any idea on when we'll know if this'll happen? just curious...

Moonblossom

Seeing as how Eugene is the special projects direcor and has been in charge of the Masquerade before, and this "rumour" has been announced in several forums, and the whole rumour thing is being waaaay over-emphasized, I'm thinking it's already official and being presented like this to build up anticipation.

edit: Killed some typos.

BSaphire

Quote from: "Moonblossom"Seeing as how Eugene is the special projects direcor and has been in charge of the Masquerade before, and this "rumour" has been announced in several forums, and the whole rumour thing is being waaaay over-emphasized, I'm thinking it's already official and being presented like this to build up anticipation.

edit: Killed some typos.
These are some great points, but it is always better to say "rumor" on the forums than to say for sure until everything is nailed down ^^).
It would be a major bummer to think everything was a go.... and then.... an unfortunate or unexpected event takes it's place... and it no longer will happen. No one really likes to be thought of as lying or misinterpretating the facts, thus.... better to use a word like rumor than to say for sure. Then when everything is a "GO" a rumor can become a "Fact". ^^)

Arigato
BSaphire
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC